News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The CRISP RYAN and KAILSCH WORBA-approved 2015 Draft Jepstein splooge thread  ( 9,849 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
So, when do the Cubs start to draft a pitching staff to go with their stable full of studs?

Personally, I HOPE DEY SIGN DAT NINTENDO GUY MY FRENTS.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This thread title just gave me a seizure.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 08, 2015, 09:43:00 AM

For a second I thought someone was starting a really weird and belated Ryan Kalish splooge thread in awful meatballese.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

It looked like one of the chain emails my mother forwards to me.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2015, 09:58:02 AM

For a second I thought someone was starting a really weird and belated Ryan Kalish splooge thread in awful meatballese.

Same.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm all in on Benintendi too, but I'm pretty much excited for all these guys (surprise, surprise.) 

I don't want Aiken, but if they take him, I will do the quickest 180 in history on that, because it'll mean they like what they saw from his medicals (to whatever extent they were able to really access them) and think he'll be ready to contribute in less than a million years.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 08, 2015, 10:18:06 AM
I'm all in on Benintendi too, but I'm pretty much excited for all these guys (surprise, surprise.) 

I don't want Aiken, but if they take him, I will do the quickest 180 in history on that, because it'll mean they like what they saw from his medicals (to whatever extent they were able to really access them) and think he'll be ready to contribute in less than a million years.

So you mean you do want Aiken, unless you don't?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Is there any chance Tyler Jay falls to them at 9? I ask because (a) I'm a homer douche who thinks it would be kind of cool to have one of those twice-a-decade or so moments where it's actually fun to be an Illini fan and (b) given his COLLEGE POLISH he could probably contribute to the big league bullpen this year, no? Now that CJ Edwards went and changed his pitching hand on us, wouldn't hurt to have a nasty lefty in the pen.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on June 08, 2015, 10:21:52 AM

So you mean you do want Aiken, unless you don't?

No, I mean I don't want Aiken, unless I do.  

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on June 08, 2015, 10:22:22 AM
Is there any chance Tyler Jay falls to them at 9? I ask because (a) I'm a homer douche who thinks it would be kind of cool to have one of those twice-a-decade or so moments where it's actually fun to be an Illini fan and (b) given his COLLEGE POLISH he could probably contribute to the big league bullpen this year, no? Now that CJ Edwards went and changed his pitching hand on us, wouldn't hurt to have a nasty lefty in the pen.

One of the mocks I read (Keith Law's? Not sure) had Jay falling to them, but it's the only one I've seen that did out of probably 10-12. 

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This really is a terrible thread title though. 

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 08, 2015, 10:56:59 AM
This really is a terrible thread title though. 

Thank you.  It takes skill to craft something quite that minging, you know.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 08, 2015, 10:23:27 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 08, 2015, 10:22:22 AM

One of the mocks I read (Keith Law's? Not sure) had Jay falling to them, but it's the only one I've seen that did out of probably 10-12. 

Pretty much all the others have him going to the Rockies at 3 or the Twins at 6.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

This is amusing, because Aiken is the only guy they could potentially get at 9 who should be immediately* exciting. Everyone else has enough question marks where the proper course of action should be to just WASHIPO.

* Meaning, exciting to follow his box scores at Eugene this year.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Oh man I finally just realized what the hell this thread title actually is trying to say and no, no. BAD TONK. BAD.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015