News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The CRISP RYAN and KAILSCH WORBA-approved 2015 Draft Jepstein splooge thread  ( 9,837 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2015, 03:08:20 PM
Quote from: PANK! on June 09, 2015, 03:06:38 PM
Quote from: Oleg on June 09, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
6th round. Dave Berg. RHP, UCLA. Side-arming/submarine righty.

Quote from: mlb.com
The right-hander has been an anchor of the UCLA bullpen throughout his career with the Bruins, becoming one of just five players in UCLA history to earn All-Pac-12 honors three years in a row. He holds the UCLA record for most postseason appearances (17) and postseason saves (6), as well as the NCAA single-season record for saves (24, set in 2013). Berg is also the only pitcher in school history to lead the conference in ERA in back-to-back seasons, and became the historic conference's first reliever to ever win the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Year Award in 2013.

RV is already fantasizing about dipping him in a big ole' vat of ketchup.

Trader Joe's ketchup, natch.

It's actually Trader's Joe

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2015, 04:14:19 PM
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2015, 03:08:20 PM
Quote from: PANK! on June 09, 2015, 03:06:38 PM
Quote from: Oleg on June 09, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
6th round. Dave Berg. RHP, UCLA. Side-arming/submarine righty.

The right-hander has been an anchor of the UCLA bullpen throughout his career with the Bruins, becoming one of just five players in UCLA history to earn All-Pac-12 honors three years in a row. He holds the UCLA record for most postseason appearances (17) and postseason saves (6), as well as the NCAA single-season record for saves (24, set in 2013). Berg is also the only pitcher in school history to lead the conference in ERA in back-to-back seasons, and became the historic conference's first reliever to ever win the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Year Award in 2013.

RV is already fantasizing about dipping him in a big ole' vat of ketchup.

Trader Joe's ketchup, natch.

It's actually Trader's Joe

Huey shuns Trader Joe's as he comes down staunchly in the Aldi camp of that particular family feud.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
So was the Cubs' draft just super boring this year, or have we all just stopped pretending we care about it now that the major-league team is competitive again?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2015, 11:43:36 AM
So was the Cubs' draft just super boring this year, or have we all just stopped pretending we care about it now that the major-league team is competitive again?

Well, you know I care about the prospects dearly, and I found it really boring. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2015, 12:02:06 PM

All draft picks should be kept secret for like three years so then we can just wait to find out who's even worth being excited about.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2015, 12:17:06 PM

All draft picks should be kept secret for like three years so then we can just wait to find out who's even worth being excited about.

This sounds like torture.

I can't wait for Eugene to start, that team is going to have ridiculous talent. 

At least 5 future HOF. 

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2015, 12:34:09 PM

At least 5 future HOF. 

I think it's a great idea. For example, now that it's 2015 we could look back at the 2012 draft class and get excited about

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2015, 12:42:10 PM

At least 5 future HOF. 

I think it's a great idea. For example, now that it's 2015 we could look back at the 2012 draft class and get excited about

...how much younger we were then?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2015, 12:42:10 PM

At least 5 future HOF. 

The problem is that even a really good draft has maybe 3 potential impact guys in the bigs.

We'd end up not having much to look at. 

Duane Underwood is pretty much the only guy in the Cubs entire 2012 draft class to be excited about, and he'll be lucky to make it to AA this year. 

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2015, 01:18:26 PM
The problem is that even a really good draft has maybe 3 potential impact guys in the bigs.

Duane Underwood is pretty much the only guy in the Cubs entire 2012 draft class to be excited about, and he'll be lucky to make it to AA this year. 

I move that we make Pensplaining a thing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2015, 01:20:46 PM

Seconded by me, third'd by Christian Villanueva.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2015, 01:20:46 PM

This is all very confusing to me.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Fitz Stadler. 32nd round. 6'7" RHP. A local kid from Glenbrook South.

Stadler doesn't have the present stuff to warrant a seven-figure bonus, but he's so athletic and projectable that it's easy to envision him blossoming into a first-round pick after three years of college. His older brothers Walker and Sullivan pitched for coach Tracy Smith at Indiana and Stadler likely will do the same for Smith at Arizona State. His fastball usually sits at 86-88 mph and tops out at 92, and he should pack on a lot more velocity once his 6-foot-8, 215-pound frame matures. His heater plays above its velocity because it features great extension, some sink and steep downhill plane. Stadler's curveball has nice depth when he stays on top of it, though it too needs more power and it becomes slurvy when he gets around it. He's working on adding a changeup. Also a quarterback who drew interest from college football programs, he has excellent body control and repeats his mechanics well for his size, so throwing strikes isn't a problem.

Sounds like he'll be a really tough signing but The Cubs are loading up on really tall pitchers.

Quote from: Fonkorph
They're all tall to you.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on June 10, 2015, 05:14:07 PM
Fitz Stadler. 32nd round. 6'7" RHP. A local kid from Glenbrook South.

He's huge. Was the QB of the football team this past year and played already having the scholarship from ASU (I think that's where he's going). Worried for the kid he'd get tackled and separate his shoulder.

Can't see him signing as a 32nd rounder with that kind of college deal lined up.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Mike Baxter is a perfectly reasonable choice for DH in American League parks, they don't really need Schwarber at all.

(screaming internally)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?