News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,077 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2010, 06:57:41 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 22, 2010, 06:33:32 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 22, 2010, 04:42:28 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 22, 2010, 01:28:00 AM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 21, 2010, 09:55:56 PM
This is either crazy stupid or crazy brilliant.  I'll give Lou credit for one thing--not giving a shit about egos or defined roles, but just caring about winning....and not about getting fired.

I think that this should free up Lou to use Marmol earlier in a game in "need a K" situations--like 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, in the 6th in a 1 or 2-run game or something.  You can always leave Z for the 9th.  Or you can bring in Z to get the big outs earlier in the game.

If Carlos pitches 3-4 innings every 5 days, and Gorzellany pitches 6 innings every 5 days, the loss of innings won't be 100 innings.  Maybe 40.  But if you get better innings with a lead than the 40 you'd lose from Carlos, it might be worth it.  Or break even.  Or something.

I'm going to roll with this because it at least makes this team more interesting than it was when I woke up this morning.

This is the Capital of Wrongsylvania.

Population:  CFiHP!

Wait, he was being serious? I thought that was just a bit making fun of brickbrained Cubs fans.

One good thing about this move: it's helped me realize which Cubs fans are completely and utterly wrongtarded.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 07:01:05 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 21, 2010, 09:55:56 PM
This is either crazy stupid or crazy brilliant.  I'll give Lou credit for one thing--not giving a shit about egos or defined roles, but just caring about winning....and not about getting fired.

I think that this should free up Lou to use Marmol earlier in a game in "need a K" situations--like 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, in the 6th in a 1 or 2-run game or something.  You can always leave Z for the 9th.  Or you can bring in Z to get the big outs earlier in the game.

If Carlos pitches 3-4 innings every 5 days, and Gorzellany pitches 6 innings every 5 days, the loss of innings won't be 100 innings.  Maybe 40.  But if you get better innings with a lead than the 40 you'd lose from Carlos, it might be worth it.  Or break even.  Or something.

I'm going to roll with this because it at least makes this team more interesting than it was when I woke up this morning.

This isn't anything but Lou and Hendry listening to the meathead writers and fans, pushing the panic button, and doing the most stupid thing possible. When Silva and Gorzellany ultimately return to sucking then what? Suddenly, Z will be good enough to bring back to the rotation when said meatheads turn on Gorzo and Silva.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2010, 07:32:14 AM »
It's a a relatively minor thing if it's only for a week and Z misses one start.  But if it goes beyond that it begins to become criminally and historically stupid.  Because after a week or so, say 3 appearances for Z, he's going to be settled in  and it'll take him that much more time to get back into the rotation.  It'll take longer and longer with each passing week until about 6 weeks in when it'll take another 3 weeks to get his arm ready to start again.  In that case you're not only wiping out over 2 months--a considerable sample size in relation to a 6 month schedule--but gord knows what physiological risks you'll be taking by doing this to his arm.  The more I think about it the more I feel my eyeballs protruding from their eye sockets with RAGE and the more I want to kick the Yellonses and Kaplanses in the nuts.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2010, 07:36:41 AM »
I can't wait to see Z throwin' towel after throwing as hard as he can back-to-back games the next few weeks.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »
Maybe he's hurt?  Maybe his arm hurts and can't handle starting and throwing that many pitches and they don't want to DL him? 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2010, 07:54:04 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 22, 2010, 07:44:46 AM
Maybe he's hurt?  Maybe his arm hurts and can't handle starting and throwing that many pitches and they don't want to DL him?  

Then DL him now, and have him surgery.  Protect that investment.  Beating on him like a horse for an 82-80 finish is so stupid that not even you can go along with that.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2010, 07:59:03 AM »
Now, I don't read Goat Riders b/c it's a horrible website that sucks at websiting.  I never have and never will.  I also didn't read much of this thread b/c I hate you all, so this article might be LRZB.  In either case, is this Kurt (scroll down a bit to the links)the same loser douchefag that posts dumb posts here?

Please tell me it's not.  Mainly b/c of the previously stated loser douchefag thing, but also b/c the Q&A thing isn't funny at all.  

Edit:  He links to NSBB too.  Didn't see that.  I wish I could post there.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 22, 2010, 07:59:03 AM
Now, I don't read Goat Riders b/c it's a horrible website that sucks at websiting.  I never have and never will.  I also didn't read much of this thread b/c I hate you all, so this article might be LRZB.  In either case, is this Kurt (scroll down a bit to the links)the same loser douchefag that posts dumb posts here?

Please tell me it's not.  Mainly b/c of the previously stated loser douchefag thing, but also b/c the Q&A thing isn't funny at all.  

Edit:  He links to NSBB too.  Didn't see that.  I wish I could post there.

Is Andy Behrens this guy?

I honestly thought "Andy B"'s was Andy D.'s pre-emptive bizarro characterization. kinda llike that guy who was "Bave D." to mock Dave B. for beating up nerds.  I mean, how can the first commentor already be there, ready to argue this inanity?
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2010, 08:18:21 AM »
Being on this one blog and in an internet chatroom with a bunch of other weirdo dudes is one thing, but why do you guys concern yourselves with other, more shitty blogs/bloggers so much?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2010, 08:23:31 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 22, 2010, 08:18:21 AM
Being on this one blog and in an internet chatroom with a bunch of other weirdo dudes is one thing, but why do you guys concern yourselves with other, more shitty blogs/bloggers so much?

Personally, I like to pretend I'm smarter than them, and then brag about it. Rest of these guys, I dunno. Maybe it's because we have nothing better to do with our lives.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 22, 2010, 08:23:31 AM

Personally, I like to pretend I'm smarter than them, and then brag about it. Rest of these guys, I dunno. Maybe it's because we have nothing better to do with our lives.

Maybe it's just that I really like this group of internet weirdos that I don't concern myself with other, lesser internet weirdos.  Except that one time with the chubbyjulie video chatroom of sadness.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »

Because it's the Internet and it's fun to talk about stuff sometimes.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »

Who are you talking about besides TDubbs?  I just assumed he was bored and felt like picking on Kurt.

As for caring what the perception others fans in general have, it's hard to ignore the idiot masses on a day like today.  it would require someone who doesn't have to live around these people, for starters.  Christ my office is literally a floor above Kaplan's.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2010, 08:32:48 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2010, 08:31:46 AM

Who are you talking about besides TDubbs?  I just assumed he was bored and felt like picking on Kurt.

As for caring what the perception others fans in general have, it's hard to ignore the idiot masses on a day like today.  it would require someone who doesn't have to live around these people, for starters.  Christ my office is literally a floor above Kaplan's.

Have you upper decked Kap's office john yet?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:38 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2010, 07:32:14 AM
It's a a relatively minor thing if it's only for a week and Z misses one start.  But if it goes beyond that it begins to become criminally and historically stupid.  Because after a week or so, say 3 appearances for Z, he's going to be settled in  and it'll take him that much more time to get back into the rotation.  It'll take longer and longer with each passing week until about 6 weeks in when it'll take another 3 weeks to get his arm ready to start again.  In that case you're not only wiping out over 2 months--a considerable sample size in relation to a 6 month schedule--but gord knows what physiological risks you'll be taking by doing this to his arm.  The more I think about it the more I feel my eyeballs protruding from their eye sockets with RAGE and the more I want to kick the Yellonses and Kaplanses in the nuts.

And this with a guy who you're going to be paying $36 million in 2011 and 2012. Just a brilliant move to completely minimize the value you're getting for the shitpot of cash you invested in the guy to be a top-line starter.