News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 95,154 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Acheived
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 08, 2012, 01:49:12 PM
I get the appeal of Obama. I understand the problems people have with Mitt. But I will spend some time contemplating the problem you have with "Believe in America."

His Mormonism isn't disqualifying. More, the many in the GOP's overt, and Romney's subtle, injection of religion into the government is.  It makes me tune out pretty much the rest of what such a candidate is trying to say.  Since whoever wins is going to take my money, at least don't preach to me.

Also, I wouldn't/didn't say the slogan was offensive.  Just that the messaging behind it was a religious appeal.  I find that disqualifying.

I would have as much a problem with a Jewish candidate (or Catholic, or Muslim, or Druid, or...) who ran on the same type of slogan, regardless of party.

You want to preach to me?  Invite me to your house of worship.  Don't do it from an elected position.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 08, 2012, 02:15:57 PM
I get the appeal of Obama. I understand the problems people have with Mitt. But I will spend some time contemplating the problem you have with "Believe in America."

His Mormonism isn't disqualifying. More, the many in the GOP's overt, and Romney's subtle, injection of religion into the government is.  It makes me tune out pretty much the rest of what such a candidate is trying to say.  Since whoever wins is going to take my money, at least don't preach to me.

Also, I wouldn't/didn't say the slogan was offensive.  Just that the messaging behind it was a religious appeal.  I find that disqualifying.

I would have as much a problem with a Jewish candidate (or Catholic, or Muslim, or Druid, or...) who ran on the same type of slogan, regardless of party.

You want to preach to me?  Invite me to your house of worship.  Don't do it from an elected position.

This stance I totally get.

What I don't get is how (or why) you project it onto "Believe in America."

There are a thousand things that politicians (more often the GOP) do that lead with religion quite overtly that you could point to without looking for the naked lady in the glass of ice cubes.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 02:31:35 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 08, 2012, 02:30:13 PM

His Mormonism isn't disqualifying. More, the many in the GOP's overt, and Romney's subtle, injection of religion into the government is.  It makes me tune out pretty much the rest of what such a candidate is trying to say.  Since whoever wins is going to take my money, at least don't preach to me.

Also, I wouldn't/didn't say the slogan was offensive.  Just that the messaging behind it was a religious appeal.  I find that disqualifying.

You want to preach to me?  Invite me to your house of worship.  Don't do it from an elected position.

There are a thousand things that politicians (more often the GOP) do that lead with religion quite overtly that you could point to without looking for the naked lady in the glass of ice cubes.

Romney's slogan was "Believe in Jesus"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »

She's probably a disgusting fat ass anyways.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 08, 2012, 02:31:35 PM

Romney's slogan was "Believe in Jesus"

"Mitt Romney: Hail Xenu"
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »
I can see where Chuck's coming from. When Obama came out with "Forward" I read it as "Forward into a Mosque because Obama's a Muslin and is going to make you be one, too."

So I decided to vote for Romney.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 08, 2012, 02:40:28 PM
I can see where Chuck's coming from. When Obama came out with "Forward" I read it as "Forward into a Mosque because Obama's a Muslin and is going to make you be one, too."

So I decided to vote for Romney.

Forward (a few decades to your trial in front of my death panels where the jury will rule in favor of your DEATH).

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
http://www.catholicleague.org/community-organizers-needed/

QuoteBill Donohue comments on the election results:

In 2007, Barack Obama told Planned Parenthood that the first thing he would do if elected president would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). Because of opposition from many quarters, including the Catholic League, the bill never got to his desk. But it may now come back, and if it does it could mean that Catholic hospitals would be required to perform abortions lest they lose federal funding.

The fate of the Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate that would force Catholic non-profits to pay for abortion-inducing drugs is sure to reach the U.S. Supreme Court.

Enough of the serious stuff—it's time to have some fun, especially on this rather dreary day. We can't wait until FOCA and the HHS mandate are thrust upon us, so we need to act now. Accordingly, we need to hire and train people with specific credentials. Here is my job description:

• Community organizers needed immediately

• No prior experience—in any job—is needed

• Chicago residents preferred, especially those from Hyde Park

• Membership in churches that promote racial divisions is a plus

• A passion for helping the poor must include opposition to school vouchers and support for more food stamps

• Long-time associations with urban terrorists preferred

• An apologetic stance on America's heritage is a must

Send all resumes to Bill Donohue. References are optional though preference will be given to those who list attorneys who have defended suspected terrorists, or who have at least heard of Eric Holder.

That's some big old Irish butthurt right there.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 02:53:42 PM

In 2007, Barack Obama told Planned Parenthood that the first thing he would do if elected president would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). Because of opposition from many quarters, including the Catholic League, the bill never got to his desk. But it may now come back, and if it does it could mean that Catholic hospitals would be required to perform abortions lest they lose federal funding.

The fate of the Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate that would force Catholic non-profits to pay for abortion-inducing drugs is sure to reach the U.S. Supreme Court.

Enough of the serious stuff—it's time to have some fun, especially on this rather dreary day. We can't wait until FOCA and the HHS mandate are thrust upon us, so we need to act now. Accordingly, we need to hire and train people with specific credentials. Here is my job description:

• A passion for helping the poor must include opposition to school vouchers and support for more food stamps

Send all resumes to Bill Donohue. References are optional though preference will be given to those who list attorneys who have defended suspected terrorists, or who have at least heard of Eric Holder.

NOBUDY ELECTED DAT HULDER GUY, MY FRENTS!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »

There's a butthurt Donohue in every crowd.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 03:12:23 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 08, 2012, 03:08:35 PM

There's a butthurt Donohue in every crowd.

I thought Huey was too big for...

nevermind.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 08, 2012, 10:24:40 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 09:49:27 AM
Butthurt Mountain: Conquered.

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

This isn't real, right?

I'm beginning to have my doubts...

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/eric-dondero-boycott-democrat-libertarian.html

QuoteYou find out that the quarterback for your favorite football team, which you have been rooting for since childhood, is a Democrat. Do you start rooting for a different team?

I don't listen to music by Democrats any more. I try to do some research on the political leanings of those I listen too. Oingo Boingo called themselves "libertarians" in the early 1980s. I listen to them. Neal Peart of Rush called himself an Ayn Randist couple times. I love Rush. I like pro-British patriot Frank Turner out of the UK. The Guardian did a big interview with him over the summer, and he said he was a "libertarian." And of course, there's always Ted Nugent, and KISS, both hardline right-libertarians. Marshall Tucker Band, Kid Rock. Did you know lead guitarist for Stealy [sic] Dan is also a rightist. The Lt. Dan Band. Madison Rising is great. Metallica and Motorhead have expressed right leanings in interviews.

Honestly, doesn't always work. I miss sometimes. But if Springsteen or some other leftist America-hater comes on my Sirius/XM channel and I can get to the dial fast enough, I will switch it.

Elton John is a toughie. You know he leans left. But he made friends with Rush Limbaugh of all people last year. So, I give him a pass. Oh, and the Beatles had that classic "tax man." John Lennon's personal aide in his last few weeks of life, was interviewed last year, and said that he turned into a Reaganite in the last few months before he was killed. Isn't that ironic?

I'm not a sports fan. So, all I can do is answer this question from a musical tastes perspective. Hope that helps. 

Here's something else you can sink your teeth into. Related. I honestly do this, and have been doing this for years. You know that silly fist bump thing?  When my co-workers or friends try that with me I extend my full hand for a traditional handshake. I tell them sorry, but I don't do that "Obama thing."  Most of them chuckle, but some have gotten offended, look at me strangely. But they know where I stand right off the bat. And it helps me to weed out the good guys, freedom lovers, from the bad guy Democrat fascists.

You require a risky and complicated brain surgery, one that is performed by only two neurosurgeons in the country. One is a Republican and the other is a Democrat, but the Republican is generally unknown, and the Democrat was just heralded by Time Magazine as the nation's best neurosurgeon. Everything else — the cost, location, etc. — is the same. Which doctor do you choose?

Simple: Avoid them both. Go to Mexico for your medical treatment. Avoid all the red tape and bureaucracy.

A close Democratic family member is hanging off the side of a cliff. A Republican who is also an admitted child molester is also nearby hanging off the side of the same cliff. They both have but seconds until they plummet to their deaths, and you only have time to save one. Whom do you save?

Man, you're good.

I guess I ask the Democrat again to yell out "Obama sucks," and Ill be there in a jiffy to lend him a hand (pun intended.) The Republican child molester? I tell him to join that asshole Sandusky, Ed Savitz and that former Philly DA Ed Rendell who covered up for Savitz and a whole shitload of other Democrat child molesters in southeast Pennsylvania all those years, in hell.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 05:43:22 PM

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/eric-dondero-boycott-democrat-libertarian.html

QuoteYou find out that the quarterback for your favorite football team, which you have been rooting for since childhood, is a Democrat. Do you start rooting for a different team?

Elton John is a toughie. You know he leans left. But he made friends with Rush Limbaugh of all people last year. So, I give him a pass. Oh, and the Beatles had that classic "tax man." John Lennon's personal aide in his last few weeks of life, was interviewed last year, and said that he turned into a Reaganite in the last few months before he was killed. Isn't that ironic?

For the last time: NO.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 01:55:39 PM

More or less time than you spend contemplating his views on Soriano?

This is Internet Chucktown. Probably shouldn't let it keep you up at night.

I'm fully willing to object to "Smaller, Smarter, Faster" with the simple observation that it's a restatement of the failed NASA strategy that led to the outcome "pick two."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 08, 2012, 10:24:40 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 09:49:27 AM
Butthurt Mountain: Conquered.

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

This isn't real, right?

I don't listen to music by Democrats any more. I try to do some research on the political leanings of those I listen too. Oingo Boingo called themselves "libertarians" in the early 1980s. I listen to them. Neal Peart of Rush called himself an Ayn Randist couple times. I love Rush. I like pro-British patriot Frank Turner out of the UK. The Guardian did a big interview with him over the summer, and he said he was a "libertarian." And of course, there's always Ted Nugent, and KISS, both hardline right-libertarians. Marshall Tucker Band, Kid Rock. Did you know lead guitarist for Stealy [sic] Dan is also a rightist. The Lt. Dan Band. Madison Rising is great. Metallica and Motorhead have expressed right leanings in interviews.

Honestly, doesn't always work. I miss sometimes. But if Springsteen or some other leftist America-hater comes on my Sirius/XM channel and I can get to the dial fast enough, I will switch it.

I'm not a sports fan. So, all I can do is answer this question from a musical tastes perspective. Hope that helps. 

Here's something else you can sink your teeth into. Related. I honestly do this, and have been doing this for years. You know that silly fist bump thing?  When my co-workers or friends try that with me I extend my full hand for a traditional handshake. I tell them sorry, but I don't do that "Obama thing."  Most of them chuckle, but some have gotten offended, look at me strangely. But they know where I stand right off the bat. And it helps me to weed out the good guys, freedom lovers, from the bad guy Democrat fascists.

You require a risky and complicated brain surgery, one that is performed by only two neurosurgeons in the country. One is a Republican and the other is a Democrat, but the Republican is generally unknown, and the Democrat was just heralded by Time Magazine as the nation's best neurosurgeon. Everything else — the cost, location, etc. — is the same. Which doctor do you choose?

Simple: Avoid them both. Go to Mexico for your medical treatment. Avoid all the red tape and bureaucracy.

A close Democratic family member is hanging off the side of a cliff. A Republican who is also an admitted child molester is also nearby hanging off the side of the same cliff. They both have but seconds until they plummet to their deaths, and you only have time to save one. Whom do you save?

Man, you're good.

I guess I ask the Democrat again to yell out "Obama sucks," and Ill be there in a jiffy to lend him a hand (pun intended.) The Republican child molester? I tell him to join that asshole Sandusky, Ed Savitz and that former Philly DA Ed Rendell who covered up for Savitz and a whole shitload of other Democrat child molesters in southeast Pennsylvania all those years, in hell.

Congrats. You found Mike C's real identity.