News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 95,150 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 14, 2012, 11:56:11 AM
What delights me is the number of people who are trying to get their states to secede from the union.  The only other time in history when this happened on this magnitude was in 1860, and we know how that ended.   Most of these states are "under water" in that they receive more from the Federal government than they contribute.  If they left us it would be a great help in bringing down the deficit.

Not to mention, we could charge them fees for all the infrastructure built by the (non-job creating) US Government.

On the downside, we'd lose at least half our military personnel.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2012, 11:02:57 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 14, 2012, 08:32:02 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2012, 05:14:44 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2012, 02:22:29 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 08, 2012, 10:32:23 AM
http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

These are less hilarious butthurt, more plain old disappointment.

No, Fork.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/11/1160263/-Mourning-in-America

QuoteBy now, most of you have probably seen the Tumblr page entirely dedicated to pictures of white people mourning the Republican defeat last Tuesday.

I realize how easy it is to make fun of those people (our those people), but for me the images posted there call up -- somewhat to my surprise -- decidedly mixed emotions. Spite and sympathy, it seems, can co-exist, and even lay the groundwork for something that begins to resemble empathy.

It's an involuntary reflex, to be sure, after the bile, racism, and sheer deranged hatred those people have flung at us these past four years -- not to mention their cocksure arrogance (up until about 10:00 pm Tuesday night) that "real" Americans were going to rise as one and send the Kenyan usurper packing.

But looking at those woeful faces -- hopes smashed, the awful truth finally revealed -- it's hard not to remember election night 2004, when it became clear that lies and war crimes notwithstanding, President Cheney and his sidekick were going to be reelected despite our best efforts.

It's devastating to believe that your country has looked evil full in the face and decided to embrace it, and feel completely helpless to stop it. And if even one-twentieth of the things those people believe about President Obama, and about us, were true, they would be right to despair, just as we did eight years ago.

In the end, though, what really makes it hard for me to dine with gusto at the schadenfreude buffet is that the grieving faces on the other side of the partisan divide aren't those people, they're my people -- the middle-class neighbors of my Southern childhood, the kids I went to school with, my redneck uncles and cousins, my own mother and father.

I'll confess that on the morning after the 2004 Election, I woke up and told my wife we should take our money out of the bank.  By the end of the week, though, I had calmed down.  The asshurt and despair by many of the Republicans over this election, however, has had impressive staying power.

Your butthurt barely lasted 7 days, whereas their butthurt is going on 8.

End of the week = Friday, Saturday Sunday.

3-5 days.

Also: you never put ketchup on your 5 days of butthurt. And you knew when to sit the fuck attention.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/georgia-senate-gets-52-minute-briefing-united-nations-takeover

QuoteThe meeting consisted of a PowerPoint presentation followed by a 90-minute screening of the anti-Agenda 21 documentary, Agenda: Grinding America Down. It was emceed by Field Searcy, a local conservative activist who was forced out of the Georgia Tea Party in April due to his endorsement of conspiracy theories about the president's birth certificate and the collapse of World Trade Center Tower 7. The presentation also featured a special video cameo from conservative talking-head Dick Morris in which the former Clinton aide warns that Obama "wants to force everyone into the cities from whence our ancestors fled."

About 23 minutes into the briefing, Searcy explained how President Obama, aided by liberal organizations like the Center for American Progress and business groups like local chambers of commerce, are secretly using mind-control techniques to push their plan for forcible relocation on the gullible public:

QuoteThey do that by a process known as the Delphi technique. The Delphi technique was developed by the Rand Corporation during the Cold War as a mind-control technique. It's also known as "consensive process." But basically the goal of the Delphi technique is to lead a targeted group of people to a pre-determined outcome while keeping the illusion of being open to public input.

How perilous is the situation? Here's a slide from the presentation comparing Obama's record to that of Mao and Stalin:

And yet, not one damn word about Obama taking my Ameros to fund the construction of the NAFTA Superhighway.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 15, 2012, 12:35:46 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/georgia-senate-gets-52-minute-briefing-united-nations-takeover

QuoteThe meeting consisted of a PowerPoint presentation followed by a 90-minute screening of the anti-Agenda 21 documentary, Agenda: Grinding America Down. It was emceed by Field Searcy, a local conservative activist who was forced out of the Georgia Tea Party in April due to his endorsement of conspiracy theories about the president's birth certificate and the collapse of World Trade Center Tower 7. The presentation also featured a special video cameo from conservative talking-head Dick Morris in which the former Clinton aide warns that Obama "wants to force everyone into the cities from whence our ancestors fled."

About 23 minutes into the briefing, Searcy explained how President Obama, aided by liberal organizations like the Center for American Progress and business groups like local chambers of commerce, are secretly using mind-control techniques to push their plan for forcible relocation on the gullible public:

QuoteThey do that by a process known as the Delphi technique. The Delphi technique was developed by the Rand Corporation during the Cold War as a mind-control technique. It's also known as "consensive process." But basically the goal of the Delphi technique is to lead a targeted group of people to a pre-determined outcome while keeping the illusion of being open to public input.

How perilous is the situation? Here's a slide from the presentation comparing Obama's record to that of Mao and Stalin:

And yet, not one damn word about Obama taking my Ameros to fund the construction of the NAFTA Superhighway.

It appears that 2.5 million people in America die each year.. So he's got at least 5 million deaths on his hands.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
Based on the slide, I'm going to say that they don't quite understand how a public/private partnership works.

Edit: Also, I like that they differentiated that while Mao killed people, Stalin only killed Ukrainians.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 15, 2012, 02:31:26 PM
Based on the slide, I'm going to say that they don't quite understand how a public/private partnership works.

Edit: Also, I like that they differentiated that while Mao killed people, Stalin only killed Ukrainians.

Ukranians only count as half a person, based on the one that I know.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 15, 2012, 02:31:26 PM

The Ukraine is weak.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
Apparently there are petitions from all 50 states seeking permission to secede from the union.  But if we all secede together, form a confederacy of seceded states, and then hold an election to determine who is going to be president, a majority of that electorate appears to want Obama to be president.  Kind of nullifying the reason for secession.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2012, 06:08:29 PM »
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 15, 2012, 06:08:29 PM
Holy shit.

http://twitter.com/knowledgofchuck/status/269185536349065216

Quote from: Chuck Marchese ‏@knowledgofchuckFor all u dumb politically correct fucks out there I never said I would assassinate him Im just hoping some1 does #FuckOff #KillYourselves

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 15, 2012, 06:06:32 PM
Apparently there are petitions from all 50 states seeking permission to secede from the union.  But if we all secede together, form a confederacy of seceded states, and then hold an election to determine who is going to be president, a majority of that electorate appears to want Obama to be president.  Kind of nullifying the reason for secession.

I think you're jumping the gun there, pops. No confederacy. When this thing goes down, you and I go our separate ways.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 15, 2012, 07:11:00 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 15, 2012, 06:08:29 PM
Holy shit.

http://twitter.com/knowledgofchuck/status/269185536349065216

Quote from: Chuck Marchese ‏@knowledgofchuckFor all u dumb politically correct fucks out there I never said I would assassinate him Im just hoping some1 does #FuckOff #KillYourselves

10.17(c)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
Relevant...

http://hellothereracists.tumblr.com/post/35813540330/tyler-beattie-fuquay-varina-north-carolina

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Let's try and keep things casual, Ty.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 15, 2012, 10:11:04 PM
Relevant...

http://hellothereracists.tumblr.com/post/35813540330/tyler-beattie-fuquay-varina-north-carolina

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Let's try and keep things casual, Ty.

This is probably mean but that guy is ALL JAW.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2012, 10:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 15, 2012, 12:41:50 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 15, 2012, 12:35:46 PM

It appears that 2.5 million people in America die each year.. So he's got at least 5 million deaths on his hands.

Say what you will about the tenets of McCarthyism. At least it's an ethos.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.