News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 95,149 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 16, 2013, 12:17:00 PM
Quote from: Fork on January 16, 2013, 08:43:36 AM
No more of a joke than this:

On the other hand:

http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-second-amendment-was-ratified-to-preserve-slavery

That's some rich cherry-picking. But, I suppose they have a point: give a group of people weapons and deny another group of people weapons and the people with weapons can keep the people without under control.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »

On the other hand:

http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-second-amendment-was-ratified-to-preserve-slavery

That guy managed to be wrong about the origins of 20% of the Bill of Rights.

The 2nd Amendment was put in place in order to save the cost of having a standing army (the young nation was dead-assed broke and in debt from the Revolution). But every white male property owner (the only Americans at the time with full citizenship and enfranchisement) had to register for conscription with their state's militia. Of course, the wealthier ones could buy their way out of this, which later resulted in the Five Points Riot, but I digress.

The 10th Amendment was the result of a dinner party and "Gentleman's Agreement" to kick the slavery can down the road - the Pennsylvania Cuakers wanted slavery abolished, Madison would never get the Southern states to ratify a Constitution with abolition. So there was a spoken agreement to revisit slavery in 20 years, which didn't happen. That was the amendment to preserve slavery, not the 2nd.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
Yeti's foray into successful facebook trolling:

Unless of course these people are playing along.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: January 16, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 16, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

On the other hand:

That guy managed to be wrong about the origins of 20% of the Bill of Rights.

The 2nd Amendment was put in place in order to save the cost of having a standing army (the young nation was dead-assed broke and in debt from the Revolution). But every white male property owner (the only Americans at the time with full citizenship and enfranchisement) had to register for conscription with their state's militia. Of course, the wealthier ones could buy their way out of this, which later resulted in the Five Points Riot, but I digress.

The 10th Amendment was the result of a dinner party and "Gentleman's Agreement" to kick the slavery can down the road - the Pennsylvania Cuakers wanted slavery abolished, Madison would never get the Southern states to ratify a Constitution with abolition. So there was a spoken agreement to revisit slavery in 20 years, which didn't happen. That was the amendment to preserve slavery, not the 2nd.

On the other, other hand, from North Carolina Wesleyan College:

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/mstevens/410/410lect11.htm
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: January 16, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 16, 2013, 01:15:04 PM
The 2nd Amendment was put in place in order to save the cost of having a standing army (the young nation was dead-assed broke and in debt from the Revolution).

No, Fork.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: January 16, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 16, 2013, 01:34:22 PM
Yeti's foray into successful facebook trolling:

Unless of course these people are playing along.

Both of them are definitely not playing along. The Ryan guy is seriously a Citadel-type. The other guy likely will make Obama pry the gun from his cold, dead hands.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »
Repent, everyone...

"Former Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has signed on as a regular contributor to Fox News, the AP reports."

http://newsok.com/fox-hires-dennis-kucinich-as-analyst/article/feed/487925
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2013, 03:11:14 PM
Repent, everyone...

"Former Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has signed on as a regular contributor to Fox News, the AP reports."

Allow me to feign shock that a "principled liberal" is working for his former political "enemies."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 16, 2013, 03:34:24 PM
Repent, everyone...

Allow me to feign shock that a "principled liberal" is working for his former political "enemies."

Ok. Go ahead.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: January 16, 2013, 04:03:37 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 16, 2013, 03:37:33 PM
Repent, everyone...

Ok. Go ahead.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 16, 2013, 04:03:37 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 16, 2013, 03:37:33 PM
Repent, everyone...

Ok. Go ahead.

"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »
Oh, look, the CDC would be able to actually engage in epidemiology again on the topic.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
Noted fascist dictator-presidents Ford, Carter, and St. Reagan, in a 1994 letter to Congress:

Quote"This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety. . . . Although assault weapons account for less than 1% of the guns in circulation, they account for nearly 10% of the guns traced to crime. . . .

"While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.

"We urge you to listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of these weapons."

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/mn-54185_1_assault-weapons-ban
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »

Would an assault weapon ban curb crime? Let's ask someone who is in the business of stopping crime.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16