News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 95,154 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #615 on: October 15, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
After tonight's idiocy in the House, I'm prepared to turn over legislative authority to the robots.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #616 on: October 15, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 15, 2013, 05:20:24 PM
After tonight's idiocy in the House, I'm prepared to turn over legislative authority to the robots.

How about just the Democrats?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #617 on: October 15, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »

I for one something something robot overlords.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #618 on: October 15, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 15, 2013, 06:27:55 PM

How about the crab juice?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #619 on: October 16, 2013, 07:41:33 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 15, 2013, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 15, 2013, 06:27:55 PM

How about the crab juice?

How about the imitation crab meat?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #620 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM »
So, in exchange for shutting down the government and bringing the country close to defaulting, the GOP received a reiteration of something that was already in the PPACA.

I really don't know what to say, other than it's apparent that the Democrats finally brought a gun to a gun fight.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #621 on: October 16, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
So, in exchange for shutting down the government and bringing the country close to defaulting, the GOP received a reiteration of something that was already in the PPACA.

I really don't know what to say, other than it's apparent that the Democrats finally brought a gun to a gun fight.

Sounds like we need some GUN CONTROL AMIRITE
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #622 on: October 16, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
Holy crap.

http://gawker.com/house-stenographer-dragged-off-floor-yelling-about-free-1446830813

QuoteAs the House finished their vote to reopen the federal government and raise the debt ceiling, the House stenographer decided it was a good time to let everyone know her feelings about God, Congress, and the Freemasons.

"He [God] will not be mocked," the stenographer, apparently named Molly, yelled into the microphone as she was dragged off by security. "The greatest deception here is that this is not one nation under God. It never was. It would not have been. The Constitution would not have been written by Freemasons. They go against God. You cannot serve two masters. Praise be to God. Praise be to Jesus."

Yet another sherson snowed by the Antarctic Reptoid conspiracy.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #623 on: October 16, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »

Whatever. Get back to work.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #624 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 16, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

With pleasure.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #625 on: October 17, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »
I hope you stupid bastards are happy. Now we have a goddamn worthless government again.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #626 on: October 17, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 11:34:50 PM

With pleasure.

Seriously, it wasn't really a gun fight. It was more like John Boehner trying to sell an ice sculpture. The Democrats didn't really do anything but wait the GOP out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #627 on: October 17, 2013, 09:01:44 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 17, 2013, 06:41:32 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 11:34:50 PM

With pleasure.

Seriously, it wasn't really a gun fight. It was more like John Boehner trying to sell an ice sculpture. The Democrats didn't really do anything but wait the GOP out.

Boehner and McConnell are sort of like Epstein and Hoyer with Ted Cruz playing Al Yellon, except in this bizarro-world, Yellon gets to take the reins of the team in time for the trade deadline and hilarity ensues. The only difference is that more people come out to Wrigley Field for a lazy August afternoon game with the Padres than have registered on the exchanges for health insurance. The problems with the ACA won't go away, and Harry Reid (let's pass this in the early morning hours on Christmas Eve), Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Kathleen Sebelius cannot run away from that.

And this is coming from someone who likes Cruz.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #628 on: October 17, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 17, 2013, 09:01:44 AM
(let's pass this in the early morning hours on Christmas Eve)

Just using an existing playbook.

Quote(Medicare D) came to a vote at 3 a.m. on November 22. After 45 minutes, the bill was losing, 219-215, with David Wu (D-OR-1) not voting. Speaker Dennis Hastert and Majority Leader Tom DeLay sought to convince some of dissenting Republicans to switch their votes, as they had in June. Istook, who had always been a wavering vote, consented quickly, producing a 218-216 tally. In a highly unusual move, the House leadership held the vote open for hours as they sought two more votes. Then-Representative Nick Smith (R-MI) claimed he was offered campaign funds for his son, who was running to replace him, in return for a change in his vote from "nay" to "yea." After controversy ensued, Smith clarified no explicit offer of campaign funds was made, but that he was offered "substantial and aggressive campaign support" which he had assumed included financial support.

$1 trillion in unfunded spending, ladies and germs!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #629 on: October 17, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 09:16:39 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 17, 2013, 09:01:44 AM
(let's pass this in the early morning hours on Christmas Eve)

Just using an existing playbook.

Quote(Medicare D) came to a vote at 3 a.m. on November 22. After 45 minutes, the bill was losing, 219-215, with David Wu (D-OR-1) not voting. Speaker Dennis Hastert and Majority Leader Tom DeLay sought to convince some of dissenting Republicans to switch their votes, as they had in June. Istook, who had always been a wavering vote, consented quickly, producing a 218-216 tally. In a highly unusual move, the House leadership held the vote open for hours as they sought two more votes. Then-Representative Nick Smith (R-MI) claimed he was offered campaign funds for his son, who was running to replace him, in return for a change in his vote from "nay" to "yea." After controversy ensued, Smith clarified no explicit offer of campaign funds was made, but that he was offered "substantial and aggressive campaign support" which he had assumed included financial support.

$1 trillion in unfunded spending, ladies and germs!

Let's repeal them both!