News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 95,154 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #630 on: October 17, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 17, 2013, 12:26:33 AM
I hope you stupid bastards are happy. Now we have a goddamn worthless government again.

Don't worry. I doubt the drone program ever missed a beat during the shutdown.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #631 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 16, 2013, 10:10:45 PM
Holy crap.

http://gawker.com/house-stenographer-dragged-off-floor-yelling-about-free-1446830813

QuoteAs the House finished their vote to reopen the federal government and raise the debt ceiling, the House stenographer decided it was a good time to let everyone know her feelings about God, Congress, and the Freemasons.

"He [God] will not be mocked," the stenographer, apparently named Molly, yelled into the microphone as she was dragged off by security. "The greatest deception here is that this is not one nation under God. It never was. It would not have been. The Constitution would not have been written by Freemasons. They go against God. You cannot serve two masters. Praise be to God. Praise be to Jesus."

Yet another sherson snowed by the Antarctic Reptoid conspiracy.

Damn those Freemasons!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #632 on: October 17, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 17, 2013, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 09:16:39 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 17, 2013, 09:01:44 AM
(let's pass this in the early morning hours on Christmas Eve)

Just using an existing playbook.

Quote(Medicare D) came to a vote at 3 a.m. on November 22. After 45 minutes, the bill was losing, 219-215, with David Wu (D-OR-1) not voting. Speaker Dennis Hastert and Majority Leader Tom DeLay sought to convince some of dissenting Republicans to switch their votes, as they had in June. Istook, who had always been a wavering vote, consented quickly, producing a 218-216 tally. In a highly unusual move, the House leadership held the vote open for hours as they sought two more votes. Then-Representative Nick Smith (R-MI) claimed he was offered campaign funds for his son, who was running to replace him, in return for a change in his vote from "nay" to "yea." After controversy ensued, Smith clarified no explicit offer of campaign funds was made, but that he was offered "substantial and aggressive campaign support" which he had assumed included financial support.

$1 trillion in unfunded spending, ladies and germs!

Let's repeal them both!

I'm all for that. I'm not for someone who's in favor of repealing the one passed and signed into law by their opponent's party.

The next guy who says "Repeal and Replace Obamacare AND Medicare D" will be the first. And he'll get beat in his next election.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 09:43:59 AM

Quote(Medicare D) came to a vote at 3 a.m. on November 22. After 45 minutes, the bill was losing, 219-215, with David Wu (D-OR-1) not voting. Speaker Dennis Hastert and Majority Leader Tom DeLay sought to convince some of dissenting Republicans to switch their votes, as they had in June. Istook, who had always been a wavering vote, consented quickly, producing a 218-216 tally. In a highly unusual move, the House leadership held the vote open for hours as they sought two more votes. Then-Representative Nick Smith (R-MI) claimed he was offered campaign funds for his son, who was running to replace him, in return for a change in his vote from "nay" to "yea." After controversy ensued, Smith clarified no explicit offer of campaign funds was made, but that he was offered "substantial and aggressive campaign support" which he had assumed included financial support.

Let's repeal them both!

I'm all for that. I'm not for someone who's in favor of repealing the one passed and signed into law by their opponent's party.

The next guy who says "Repeal and Replace Obamacare AND Medicare D" will be the first. And he'll get beat in his next election.

So, I'm unelectable? There goes your "Draft Brown for Illinois Governor' movement.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 17, 2013, 09:49:43 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 09:43:59 AM

Let's repeal them both!

So, I'm unelectable? There goes your "Draft Brown for Illinois Governor' movement.

I'm fondly remembering a Congress that could trade things for votes on bills, like campaign donations and earmarks.

DATS HOW SHIT GOT DUN, MY FRENTS!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #635 on: October 17, 2013, 10:36:33 AM »

Very few people are electable who say they are taking stuff away. "No chicken in every pot!"

The real difference between the Dems and Goops the last 30 years has been that Dems give you programs and raise your taxes not enough to pay for it. The Goops give you programs and cut your taxes to pay for it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 10:36:33 AM

Very few people are electable who say they are taking stuff away. "No chicken in every pot!"

The real difference between the Dems and Goops the last 30 years has been that Dems give you programs and raise your taxes not enough to pay for it. The Goops give you programs and cut your taxes to pay for it.

Plus, TJ was once seen wearing tassled loafters at a high school basketball game.

Man of the people, my eye.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #637 on: October 17, 2013, 10:53:22 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 17, 2013, 10:48:21 AM

Plus, TJ was once seen wearing tassled loafters at a high school basketball game.

I witnessed that fashion decision at a college basketball game. Loyola no less. Though I'm not sure what it reveals. Noted Homocrat and self-educated Fork wore a tassel on the zipper of his cargo shorts at Cody's. For easy access, baby?

I threw a pair of McCarthyite DadPex's tasseled loafers into a dumpster without him knowing, thus forcing him to wear a more decent pair of shoes to a Butler game.

What the hell do I know about fashion though? Clearly nothing.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #638 on: October 17, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »

Just as a matter of interest, what does wearing non-ironic jorts to Sheffield's make you a man of?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #639 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25:27 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 17, 2013, 12:04:38 PM

Just as a matter of interest, what does wearing non-ironic jorts to Sheffield's make you a man of?

Leisure.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 17, 2013, 06:41:32 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: Fork on October 16, 2013, 10:13:07 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
So, in exchange for shutting down the government and bringing the country close to defaulting, the GOP received a reiteration of something that was already in the PPACA.

I really don't know what to say, other than it's apparent that the Democrats finally brought a gun to a gun fight.

Whatever. Get back to work.

With pleasure.

Seriously, it wasn't really a gun fight. It was more like John Boehner trying to sell an ice sculpture. The Democrats didn't really do anything but wait the GOP out.

Boehner and McConnell are sort of like Epstein and Hoyer with Ted Cruz playing Al Yellon, except in this bizarro-world, Yellon gets to take the reins of the team in time for the trade deadline and hilarity ensues. The only difference is that more people come out to Wrigley Field for a lazy August afternoon game with the Padres than have registered on the exchanges for health insurance. The problems with the ACA won't go away, and Harry Reid (let's pass this in the early morning hours on Christmas Eve), Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Kathleen Sebelius cannot run away from that.

And this is coming from someone who likes Cruz.

I think it's more like if Yellon stood outside Wrigley and threw a giant tantrum, saying the Cubs couldn't play any games until Theo bought him a unicorn. For some reason, the Cubs allowed this to happen and canceled games while Al stomped and screamed about not having Theo and/or Kim DeJesus' email address. Eventually Al gave up without receiving his unicorn and the only thing that changed was the Cubs had lost a bunch of money for no reason.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 17, 2013, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: Fork on October 17, 2013, 06:41:32 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: Fork on October 16, 2013, 10:13:07 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
So, in exchange for shutting down the government and bringing the country close to defaulting, the GOP received a reiteration of something that was already in the PPACA.

I really don't know what to say, other than it's apparent that the Democrats finally brought a gun to a gun fight.

Whatever. Get back to work.

With pleasure.

Seriously, it wasn't really a gun fight. It was more like John Boehner trying to sell an ice sculpture. The Democrats didn't really do anything but wait the GOP out.

Boehner and McConnell are sort of like Epstein and Hoyer with Ted Cruz playing Al Yellon, except in this bizarro-world, Yellon gets to take the reins of the team in time for the trade deadline and hilarity ensues. The only difference is that more people come out to Wrigley Field for a lazy August afternoon game with the Padres than have registered on the exchanges for health insurance. The problems with the ACA won't go away, and Harry Reid (let's pass this in the early morning hours on Christmas Eve), Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Kathleen Sebelius cannot run away from that.

And this is coming from someone who likes Cruz.

I think it's more like if Yellon stood outside Wrigley and threw a giant tantrum, saying the Cubs couldn't play any games until Theo bought him a unicorn. For some reason, the Cubs allowed this to happen and canceled games while Al stomped and screamed about not having Theo and/or Kim DeJesus' email address. Eventually Al gave up without receiving his unicorn and the only thing that changed was the Cubs had lost a bunch of money for no reason.

At any rate, we can now focus on how self-employed people are getting jacked around as are plenty of people on existing employer-sponsored plans. And how the online exchange is completely useless, yet we're supposed to want to let the same people who brought us that take more control over our lives.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2013, 02:39:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 17, 2013, 12:25:27 PM

Leisure.

And comfort, laziness and not giving a shit.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

Leisure.

That's kind of what leisure means more or less.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 17, 2013, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 17, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

Leisure.

That's kind of what leisure means more or less.

Intrepid Reader:  Huey

Schwing!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs