News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread  ( 10,494 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 10:47:39 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2015, 10:44:44 AM
I'd say he's gone, I'd say I hope he's gone, and I'd say the Hawks are one of the few franchises in the world who can still afford to do cut his ass.  They've already won 3 Cups with him; wouldn't be surprised to see some organizational arrogance that sets out to win at least 2 more without him and not tarnish their brand by going through the muck like the Ravens, which is their only option if they want to keep him and I really don't want to see that play out.  Not for this fucking spoiled, embarrass ingrate.   As long as this team has still have Toews I wouldn't rule it out.

If they really wanted to rat-fuck him, they'd just suspend him for the duration of his contract so he couldn't play hockey anywhere.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »
I'd say he's gone, I'd say I hope he's gone, and I'd say the Hawks are one of the few franchises in the world who can still afford to do cut his ass.  They've already won 3 Cups with him; wouldn't be surprised to see some organizational arrogance that sets out to win at least 2 more without him and not tarnish their brand by going through the muck like the Ravens, which is their only option if they want to keep him and I really don't want to see that play out.  Not for this fucking spoiled, embarrass ingrate.   As long as this team has still have Toews I wouldn't rule it out.

They charge him this week. Hawks suspend him pending outcome of his case. He's convicted in the Spring, serves how long in prison -- 10 years, more, less?

If no charges are filed, he stays a Hawk, and we'll have to ask PenFoe or any Lakers fans how to support a team lead by an accused rapist.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 11:05:37 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 10, 2015, 10:47:39 AM

If they really wanted to rat-fuck him, they'd just suspend him for the duration of his contract so he couldn't play hockey anywhere.

That would be awesome.

Also, has anyone figured out what happens if they just cut him? Is that a cap-hit for the remainder of the contract? Keeping him or cutting him isn't really a financial decision (in that, it's not the finances that should rule the decision) but I'm curious as to what would actually happen to the Hawks cap

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 10, 2015, 11:05:37 AM

That would be awesome.

Also, has anyone figured out what happens if they just cut him? Is that a cap-hit for the remainder of the contract? Keeping him or cutting him isn't really a financial decision (in that, it's not the finances that should rule the decision) but I'm curious as to what would actually happen to the Hawks cap

Pretty sure if they cut him while being compliant with the CBA they won't be taking a hit.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2015, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 10, 2015, 11:05:37 AM

That would be awesome.

Pretty sure if they cut him while being compliant with the CBA they won't be taking a hit.

Pretty sure they're keeping a very close eye on how things play out with the Kings and Mike Richards. Absolute worst case, they leave him unprotected in the impending expansion draft and we could be treated to Patrick Kane in Las Vegas.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 10, 2015, 10:48:28 AM

They charge him this week. Hawks suspend him pending outcome of his case. He's convicted in the Spring, serves how long in prison -- 10 years, more, less?

If no charges are filed, he stays a Hawk, and we'll have to ask PenFoe or any Lakers fans how to support a team lead by an accused rapist.

Considering there's a statue of a wife beater outside the arena, I'm pretty sure the fanbase will be a forgiving lot.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 10, 2015, 12:12:43 PM

Considering there's a statue of a wife beater outside the arena, I'm pretty sure the fanbase will be a forgiving lot.

Also judging by the comments from Hawk fans both male and female, it's the victim's fault.

My sickening feeling is that the McDonough will try and buy his way out of having charges pressed and this will "go away" and things will return to "normal" for a lot of people.

Me? I'm not ready to cheer for a Blackhawks team with a rapist skating for it.

We're basically hoping that the Blackhawks don't try to pervert justice here and I'm not certain they won't. Cynical, I know.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 01:32:16 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 10, 2015, 12:18:50 PM

Also judging by the comments from Hawk fans both male and female, it's the victim's fault.

My sickening feeling is that the McDonough will try and buy his way out of having charges pressed and this will "go away" and things will return to "normal" for a lot of people.

We're basically hoping that the Blackhawks don't try to pervert justice here and I'm not certain they won't. Cynical, I know.

Which is why I never bought into the whole St. Rockwell of Madison St. persona. He's still a fucking Wirtz.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 10, 2015, 01:32:16 PM

Which is why I never bought into the whole St. Rockwell of Madison St. persona. He's still a fucking Wirtz.

Let's not convict Rocky until he actually does something.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »

I have started and deleted at least 5 posts in this thread today.  I'm not sure what I want to say.  The whole thing is horrific, and there's no real "best case" scenario in all this, just those that range from bad to godforsaken.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 10, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

I have started and deleted at least 5 posts in this thread today.  I'm not sure what I want to say.  The whole thing is horrific, and there's no real "best case" scenario in all this, just those that range from bad to godforsaken.

And even if the Wirtz/Kane fortunes are enough to make the victim get sudden-onset amnesia, all that's happening is the clock is getting reset for the next fucked up thing that Patrick Kane will do.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 03:14:58 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 10, 2015, 03:11:40 PM
Quote from: CT III on August 10, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

And even if the Wirtz/Kane fortunes are enough to make the victim get sudden-onset amnesia, all that's happening is the clock is getting reset for the next fucked up thing that Patrick Kane will do.

That's hockey, baby.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 10, 2015, 09:34:03 AM
Quote from: flannj on August 09, 2015, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 09, 2015, 10:43:13 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 09, 2015, 10:29:19 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 07, 2015, 07:54:29 AM
This really sucks in so many ways. I don't really see any scenario where this turns out all good. Even if he didn't actually rape the girl, he's going to wear that for quite a while. And then all the other scenarios in between him being convicted of rape mean he probably raped her

Well, fuck

Yea, I'm gonna go ahead and say the fucker did it. Goddammit, Patrick

QuoteThe woman left Kane's home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Literally everyone I talk to wants to talk about the Kane story and I really do not. But it's sick how quickly everyone jumps to "girls pretend to be raped all the time" like rape isn't a super common thing.

People are bad.

I've had a long history of being stupid with my fists but this really makes me want to punch someone.

It's awful.

That Rolling Stone UVa article is still really fresh in the minds of a lot of people. It certainly doesn't help with that view.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:17 AM »
Hawks sign Daniel Paille and Jan Hejda to PTOs.

Guarantee Hejda becomes Q's new ancient unscratchable defenseman, and hopefully if Paille makes the squad it means Ryan Garbutt gets launched.
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
DPD.

The Hawks/Kane presser today made the Titanic look like a minor glitch.
TIME TO POST!