News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread  ( 112,965 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Theo Epstein Sploosh Thread
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2013, 02:34:31 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 05, 2013, 02:20:50 PM
Quote from: CBStew on December 05, 2013, 01:17:30 PM
Yet in those 118 innings he gave up 105 hits and 45 walks. 

Those numbers are pretty good, Stew.

Are you doing a bit?

I think he's doing a bit and he has a few people going. I'm not buying it anymore but I'd like to see how far he can go with it.

I don't think this is a bit.  I think he's a meatball.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2013, 02:59:32 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on December 05, 2013, 02:52:38 PM

Are you doing a bit?

I think he's doing a bit and he has a few people going. I'm not buying it anymore but I'd like to see how far he can go with it.

Maybe he just wants his Desipio back. This used to be a place to come and kvetch about the Cubs. But we all have Jepstink's dong lodged in the lining of our cold, dead hearts and do nothing but agree with them - save for random fits of Chuckwrongness. So now Stew sees a move, and maybe it's a completely insignificant move like the Kotteras trade, or a low-impact signing like Wright and he just wants to kvetch dammit! I don't think it's meatball, but just a bit of fun. Not at our expense or anything, just some sort of exercise in butthurt. I do it all the time.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2013, 02:59:32 PM

Are you doing a bit?

Maybe he just wants his Desipio back. This used to be a place to come and kvetch about the Cubs. But we all have Jepstink's dong lodged in the lining of our cold, dead hearts and do nothing but agree with them - save for random fits of Chuckwrongness. So now Stew sees a move, and maybe it's a completely insignificant move like the Kotteras trade, or a low-impact signing like Wright and he just wants to kvetch dammit! I don't think it's meatball, but just a bit of fun. Not at our expense or anything, just some sort of exercise in butthurt. I do it all the time.

Are exercises in butthurt sort of like kegel exercises?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:22 PM »

Are you doing a bit?

I admit it...I like this post.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 05, 2013, 03:10:22 PM

Are you doing a bit?

Damn!  If I can't sulk here, where can I sulk?  I think that it is worth noting that a bunch of billionaires bought our team and we are being very considerate of their desire to spend as little of their money as possible.  There is a difference between spending wisely and foolishly.  We became accustomed to seeing stupid deals made by Hendry, so now we are forgiving of an ownership of a major market team pretending that it is running a non-profit corporation.  
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »

Are you doing a bit?

I'm sure I don't know.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 05, 2013, 03:36:07 PM

Are you doing a bit?

Damn!  If I can't sulk here, where can I sulk?  I think that it is worth noting that a bunch of billionaires bought our team and we are being very considerate of their desire to spend as little of their money as possible.  There is a difference between spending wisely and foolishly.  We became accustomed to seeing stupid deals made by Hendry, so now we are forgiving of an ownership of a major market team pretending that it is running a non-profit corporation.  

See?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2013, 03:38:32 PM

Are you doing a bit?

See?

...and furthermore,  I watch what Oakland has been doing for years.  There is more to it than parsimony.  (I think that's the word.)  If Brad Pitt can produce a winner on a shoestring, why can't Epstein/Hoyer?  And if you tell me that it is a few years away, at my age that is like saying that they can't.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »

Are you doing a bit?

They hired Rocky Wirtz's accountants.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 05, 2013, 04:01:02 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2013, 03:38:32 PM

Are you doing a bit?

See?

...and furthermore,  I watch what Oakland has been doing for years.  There is more to it than parsimony.  (I think that's the word.)  If Brad Pitt can produce a winner on a shoestring, why can't Epstein/Hoyer?  And if you tell me that it is a few years away, at my age that is like saying that they can't.

Beane took over as GM of Oakland in 1997 and they didn't reach the playoffs until 2000-03.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »

Are you doing a bit?

Endorsed. I for one am glad Stew and Eli are here to keep us all from choking on Jepstink's breathtaking, veiny, throbbing members. I commend Stew for heeding Al Swearengen's advice and giving some back to the franchise that has beaten him down for longer than any of us:

"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 05, 2013, 04:13:25 PM

Are you doing a bit?

Endorsed. I for one am glad Stew and Eli are here to keep us all from choking on Jepstink's breathtaking, veiny, throbbing members. I commend Stew for heeding Al Swearengen's advice and giving some back to the franchise that has beaten him down for longer than any of us:

"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

That was a damn good show.  Modern day Shakespeare.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
Fork, Hawk and myself met for lunch today and surmised that when the Cubs get good again this board will pick up.

Sure we scared off all the hardcore right wingers with sad feely parts but some of you stayed.

Sure we try talking about other stuff.

Sure Dolan hasn't admitted a new member in 8 years.

But damn it when the Cubs are good again we'll be here during work chattin about splooge and flappity flaps and maybe ol' Andy will even bring back some kind of Game Day Chat Thread thing.

I can dream.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 05, 2013, 04:42:52 PM
Fork, Hawk and myself met for lunch today and surmised that when the Cubs get good again this board will pick up.

Sure we scared off all the hardcore right wingers with sad feely parts but some of you stayed.

Sure we try talking about other stuff.

Sure Dolan hasn't admitted a new member in 8 years.

But damn it when the Cubs are good again we'll be here during work chattin about splooge and flappity flaps and maybe ol' Andy will even bring back some kind of Game Day Chat Thread thing.

I can dream.

It's really weird to think that I haven't been actively involved in my Cubs fandom now for four years, and it doesn't really even bother me. A gap like that would have been unthinkable when I was a kid or a teenager and I prided myself on supporting the Cubs no matter how shitty they got, but now I see no problem with remaining technically interested as a fan and bookmarking 8 or 9 players on Minor League Baseball.com and following the prospect rankings while watching barely a dozen games until they start bringing up the kids.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »
It just isn't fair.  St. Louis wins.  Boston wins. San Francisco wins.  The Whyt Sucks win.  Even Arizona won.  Everybody else wins.  If there was a major league team in Stockton it would win. 
(Don't tell me about goats.  That happened in 1945, 37 years after the Cubs stopped winning World Series.)