News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 51,994 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 14, 2010, 02:34:06 PM
Also, Raylon's ex gets hotter with each episode.

I've only seen the last two episodes of this show but was curious to know if it's wrong that I like his ex more than his hillbilly slam piece so far.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 14, 2010, 03:30:31 PM

I've only seen the last two episodes of this show but was curious to know if it's wrong that I like his ex more than his hillbilly slam piece so far.

Not even a little bit wrong.  Yum.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 14, 2010, 03:30:31 PM

No, I think we're supposed to root for them to get back together. This is on purpose.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2010, 07:19:42 AM »
Did you see the look on Boyd's face when he found out he'd barbeque'd that sumbitch? I've been certain all along that he was completely full of shit with his whole salvation rhetoric. But that look betrayed real fear, sadness and shame. Maybe because he was pretty sure he'd get caught. Maybe because he knew the jig was up on the whole preacher angle. Maybe because his daddy was now going to be piping hot about this latest fuck up.

In any event, it was some damn fine acting, directing and editing - not to mention writing.

And God damn Ava for laying that guilt trip on Raylon for not continuing to pound them guts. And that bitch said, "Boyd's not like Bauman." Raylon answered that he's worse. And sure enough, a man is dead.

Next episode looks like fucking dynamite. Yes! 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »
Yet another appearance from a Deadwood actor.  In looking for the connection between the two, I discovered that one of the writers (Graham Yost) also wrote Herman's Head.  Nice call, Slak.  Incidentally, I still haven't figured out the link between Deadwood and Justified.  Does anyone know?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 20, 2010, 09:51:14 AM
Yet another appearance from a Deadwood actor.  In looking for the connection between the two, I discovered that one of the writers (Graham Yost) also wrote Herman's Head.  Nice call, Slak.  Incidentally, I still haven't figured out the link between Deadwood and Justified.  Does anyone know?

Cowboy hats and guns?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 12:31:43 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 20, 2010, 12:16:30 PM

Cowboy hats and guns?

Seriously, Kerm? Other than the fact that the main character on Justified was a main character on Deadwood?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 02:05:14 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 20, 2010, 12:31:43 PM

Cowboy hats and guns?

Seriously, Kerm? Other than the fact that the main character on Justified was a main character on Deadwood?

I can't tell if you're being serious.  An awful lot of Deadwood cast has appeared in Justified.  I figured it was because one of the directors, writers, or casting director worked on both projects.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 02:24:25 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 20, 2010, 02:05:14 PM

Cowboy hats and guns?

I can't tell if you're being serious.  An awful lot of Deadwood cast has appeared in Justified.  I figured it was because one of the directors, writers, or casting director worked on both projects.

I'm as serious as Gary Fogel's cancer. I figured it was because Olyphant was JO buds with all these guys.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 20, 2010, 02:24:25 PM

Cowboy hats and guns?

I'm as serious as Gary Fogel's cancer. I figured it was because Olyphant was JO buds with all these guys.

That could be.  But I'd be pretty surprised if the lead actor had that kind of influence over the rest of the casting.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 20, 2010, 02:52:25 PM

Cowboy hats and guns?

That could be.  But I'd be pretty surprised if the lead actor had that kind of influence over the rest of the casting.

You've seen him operate. He's quite smooth.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 20, 2010, 02:55:02 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 20, 2010, 02:52:25 PM

Cowboy hats and guns?

You've seen him operate. He's quite smooth.

He offered the casting director a reward of $50,000 for each former Deadwood actor she hired.  He made the checks out to either her or Jesus, whatever she preferred.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2010, 09:22:15 PM »
God damn, I love this show.  Love it.

Raylon's prayer:

Quote"Dear Lord, before we eat this meal, we ask for forgiveness for our sins, especially Boyd, who blew up a black church with a rocket launcher and afterwards shot his associate Jared Hale in the back of the head on Tates Creek Bridge. Let the image of Jared's brain matter on that windshield not dampen our appetite but may the knowledge of Boyd's past sins help guide these men. May this food provide them with all the nourishment they need, but if it does not, may they find comfort in knowing the United States Marshals Service is offering $50,000 to any individual providing information that will put Boyd back in jail."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »
The writing and acting on this show absolutely rules. Bo, Boyd, and Papa Givens are all perfectly cast. Even dipshit Dewey is a great character. It's fun trying to figure out how much of Boyd's pious bullshit he actually buys into.

"Myself, I prefer a pair of nice soft double D's, a 60 inch plasma screen, and a stiff drink."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 10:34:55 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 26, 2010, 10:09:56 PM
The writing and acting on this show absolutely rules. Bo, Boyd, and Papa Givens are all perfectly cast. Even dipshit Dewey is a great character. It's fun trying to figure out how much of Boyd's pious bullshit he actually buys into.

"Myself, I prefer a pair of nice soft double D's, a 60 inch plasma screen, and a stiff drink."

RV is correct.  Seems every player on this show from Raylon to the various guest stars to the meth cookers with 3 lines each is perfectly cast.

And damn if Boyd Crowder isn't one of the best characters on TV.  Watching that last scene with Dewey, I had absolutely no idea if he was going to pull the trigger or not.  Not an inkling either way.