News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,511 )

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 30, 2008, 11:36:47 AM
Quote from: Kerm on October 30, 2008, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: 5laky on October 30, 2008, 08:47:55 AM
They have a shit load of Who songs in the game for download and a bunch of them are live versions. In other words: you get to jump around and be a poser while listening to kick ass Who songs.

The Who pack is fucking awesome.  I think it's the best one in the game.  I liked the inclusion of "Real Good Looking Boy", one of their few "new" songs.  It kicks ass.

I don't particularly like The Grateful Dead, but that song pack is a hell of a lot of fun to play, too.  So is the Boston one.  And The Cars.  FYI, here are all the downloadable songs.  There are a shitload.
The guitar parts on those Who songs are a bitch. I can't even fathom how drums are.

I'm glad they made Alive somewhat of a challenge, unlike Evenflow on GHIII which was super easy. I hope a Pearl Jam pack is in the works though I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I always start playing Alive on Expert, and then I get to the end, and remember why I can't finish Alive on Expert.

I want a Pearl Jam track pack if for no other reason than to figure out what the hell he's saying in Yellow Ledbetter.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 12:37:41 PM »
They have a shit load of Who songs in the game for download and a bunch of them are live versions. In other words: you get to jump around and be a poser while listening to kick ass Who songs.

The Who pack is fucking awesome.  I think it's the best one in the game.  I liked the inclusion of "Real Good Looking Boy", one of their few "new" songs.  It kicks ass.

I don't particularly like The Grateful Dead, but that song pack is a hell of a lot of fun to play, too.  So is the Boston one.  And The Cars.  FYI, here are all the downloadable songs.  There are a shitload.
The guitar parts on those Who songs are a bitch. I can't even fathom how drums are.

After you've been playing the guitar for a few years, you're ready to start playing the Who for real (everything after Tommy - the early stuff is pretty easy)...Towser had some of the most bizarre fucking tunings I've ever seen.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 01:12:38 PM »
Do you guys know how to get RB1 songs over to RB2?  I thought there was supposed to be some converter thing you could download on Live, but I can't find it anywhere.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 30, 2008, 01:12:38 PM
Do you guys know how to get RB1 songs over to RB2?  I thought there was supposed to be some converter thing you could download on Live, but I can't find it anywhere.

It's not on Live (since you have to actually own RB1 to do it).  I think it's under "Options" on the RB1 disc.  There should be an "Export Songs" option.  You pay $5, and it does it for you.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 30, 2008, 12:37:41 PM

After you've been playing the guitar for a few years, you're ready to start playing the Who for real (everything after Tommy - the early stuff is pretty easy)...Towser had some of the most bizarre fucking tunings I've ever seen.

Yeah, when guitarists use strange tunings it makes it hard to play their songs. I have a shitty capo, I think that's good enough at my skill level. If you'd like to hear an acoustic song using mostly major and minor chords only, I'm your guy.

Or I can turn up my amp, plug in my shitty Squier and make enough noise that you won't care what I'm playing because it sounds awesome.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 06:26:23 PM »
Anyone get their codes for the 20 free songs with Rock Band 2?  I just downloaded them a bit ago.  They're mostly newer indie bands, but there's a few good ones in there.  "Ashes to Fire" by Ghost Hounds is pretty solid.  The only other ones I played were "Bounce" by The Cab and "Like A Fool" by Shaimus.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 06, 2008, 06:26:23 PM
Anyone get their codes for the 20 free songs with Rock Band 2?  I just downloaded them a bit ago.  They're mostly newer indie bands, but there's a few good ones in there.  "Ashes to Fire" by Ghost Hounds is pretty solid.  The only other ones I played were "Bounce" by The Cab and "Like A Fool" by Shaimus.

Got it today. Only played the Authority Zero song because it came up in my tour. It was ok. I had heard some of their stuff before and it's just whatever.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 06:18:35 AM »

No Rick Astley yet?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 10:29:37 AM »
I failed my first song on hard guitar. Fuck. I got the Outlaws song on a challenging mystery playlist. It's a great song and fun as hell until the second solo comes up and butt rapes you.

Also, I've been looking for just the drum kit for the 360 and Gamestop doesn't seem to carry it. Anyone seen these sitting around anywhere? I have 100 bucks in credit to their stores, is why I ask.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 10:38:16 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 10, 2008, 10:29:37 AM
I failed my first song on hard guitar. Fuck. I got the Outlaws song on a challenging mystery playlist. It's a great song and fun as hell until the second solo comes up and butt rapes you.

Also, I've been looking for just the drum kit for the 360 and Gamestop doesn't seem to carry it. Anyone seen these sitting around anywhere? I have 100 bucks in credit to their stores, is why I ask.

Slak, check the store availability here (but I'd still call before going in).  Can you use the credits to order online?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »

I saw it at Best Buy around when it first came out and haven't seen it sense then.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 10, 2008, 10:38:16 AM

Slak, check the store availability here (but I'd still call before going in).  Can you use the credits to order online?

Only if they put some yellow sticker on your edge card which the guy didn't do. What a prick. I'll have to call around. You'd think they would order it in if I asked. I don't think they do that though.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 04:00:06 PM »
If you guys stop playing Rock Band and pick up a real guitar, maybe one day you can be as talented as NICKELBACK.  What a twat.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
So I "beat" Guitar Hero this weekend on solo mode, since I only have the guitar. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought. I don't know if they'll be able to keep pace with Rock Band's unreal download parade, which continues this week with some Yngwie Malmsteen, classic Soundgarden and a Lamb of God song which will probably be brutal.

Regardless, some GH highlights include a few Tool songs, Michael Jackson's Beat It and of course when you beat the game, they let you play Dream Theater's Pull Me Under over the credits which was a very welcome surprise. I geeked out as that's one of my all-time favorite songs.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 21, 2008, 04:00:06 PM
If you guys stop playing Rock Band and pick up a real guitar, maybe one day you can be as talented as NICKELBACK.  What a twat.

Well, since nickelback recycles the same 3 chords over and over, I'd argue that GH is actually harder to play than a nickelback album.