News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,510 )

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 24, 2008, 01:45:38 PM
Quote from: Kerm on November 21, 2008, 04:00:06 PM
If you guys stop playing Rock Band and pick up a real guitar, maybe one day you can be as talented as NICKELBACK.  What a twat.

Well, since nickelback recycles the same 3 chords over and over, I'd argue that GH is actually harder to play than a nickelback album.

As a very novice guitar player - I would never even attempt to play a Nickelback song. But if I did, I bet I could pull it off.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »
A Springsteen 2-pack (including Born to Run and something off his new album) is coming to GTWT for free.  I hope this means he's also on his way to Rock Band.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to pick up GTWT.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 11:55:24 AM
A Springsteen 2-pack (including Born to Run and something off his new album) is coming to GTWT for free.  I hope this means he's also on his way to Rock Band.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to pick up GTWT.

Rock Band is getting the Beatles, right?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 15, 2009, 12:56:44 PM

Yep, but it's going to be a standalone game.  Apparently, they're not doing a Rock Band 3 in 2009, but doing the Beatles game instead.  I suspect it's going to kick ass.
Hire Jim Essian!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 12:58:23 PM

Yep, but it's going to be a standalone game.  Apparently, they're not doing a Rock Band 3 in 2009, but doing the Beatles game instead.  I suspect it's going to kick ass.

They don't even need to make a new game. Just keep releasing weekly song packs and I'm down.

Pearl Jam's Ten is hitting the store March 24th. So, essentially, Christmas is March 24th this year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 01:05:29 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 15, 2009, 01:00:10 PM

They don't even need to make a new game. Just keep releasing weekly song packs and I'm down.

Pearl Jam's Ten is hitting the store March 24th. So, essentially, Christmas is March 24th this year.

I'd break out the flannel for that.

When does the Milli Vanilli songbook become available?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

I picked up GHWT the other day and have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  I just bought the Guitar Game, and the wireless guitar that comes with it is tits.  Much better than the Rock Band guitar.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 15, 2009, 01:26:22 PM

I picked up GHWT the other day and have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  I just bought the Guitar Game, and the wireless guitar that comes with it is tits.  Much better than the Rock Band guitar.

Since when does a game controller feel like bags of sand??

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.  I'd prefer only track packs, but I think the implication was that they're going to do something a little bit special for The Beatles.  And I cannot wait for Ten.  So far, I think the best track packs have been The Who, Boston, and The Cars.  This will blow them all away.  Well, maybe not The Who.  That one was ridiculous.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 01:58:24 PM

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.  I'd prefer only track packs, but I think the implication was that they're going to do something a little bit special for The Beatles.  And I cannot wait for Ten.  So far, I think the best track packs have been The Who, Boston, and The Cars.  This will blow them all away.  Well, maybe not The Who.  That one was ridiculous.

Music games?  Are they really fun?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 02:22:44 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 15, 2009, 02:19:30 PM

No.  That's why they're taking a beating in the sales department.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 02:22:44 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 15, 2009, 02:19:30 PM

No.  That's why they're taking a beating in the sales department.

Maybe I just can't see ponying up $200 for a video game.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »

The Who pack is incredible. I love the Boston one, too. You get at least 7 songs a week with Rock Band and maybe 3 a week if you're lucky on GH. It's just not the same.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 03:30:32 PM »
I finally got this last night and played it with a couple of friends of mine. It was a blast. I finally went through and read this thread and I'm very much so looking forward to getting home and downloading The Who, Boston, and the Cars at the very least. I hope that they have some Dropkick Murphys out there.. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a few country songs thrown in there. Some Toby Keith or Trace Adkins for a hick like me.

I'm finding the drums to be tough, but I think some work on the tutorials should help remedy that..

I'm anxiously waiting for that Beatles game. Any word on a date?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 03:34:09 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 15, 2009, 02:34:26 PM

The Who pack is incredible. I love the Boston one, too. You get at least 7 songs a week with Rock Band and maybe 3 a week if you're lucky on GH. It's just not the same.

Did you get the Cars pack?  It's pretty freaking outstanding, too.  "My Best Friend's Girl" has a really fun riff to play.  I love how diverse Rock Band's selection is getting, even though not much has interested me for a while.  I picked up a couple of the Orbison songs, but I wasn't interested in the country pack, and I will take a big PASS on Kravitz.
Hire Jim Essian!