News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,717 )

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 03:34:09 PM
Quote from: 5laky on January 15, 2009, 02:34:26 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 01:58:24 PM
Quote from: 5laky on January 15, 2009, 01:00:10 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 12:58:23 PM
Quote from: Fork on January 15, 2009, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 11:55:24 AM
A Springsteen 2-pack (including Born to Run and something off his new album) is coming to GTWT for free.  I hope this means he's also on his way to Rock Band.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to pick up GTWT.

Rock Band is getting the Beatles, right?

Yep, but it's going to be a standalone game.  Apparently, they're not doing a Rock Band 3 in 2009, but doing the Beatles game instead.  I suspect it's going to kick ass.

They don't even need to make a new game. Just keep releasing weekly song packs and I'm down.

Pearl Jam's Ten is hitting the store March 24th. So, essentially, Christmas is March 24th this year.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.  I'd prefer only track packs, but I think the implication was that they're going to do something a little bit special for The Beatles.  And I cannot wait for Ten.  So far, I think the best track packs have been The Who, Boston, and The Cars.  This will blow them all away.  Well, maybe not The Who.  That one was ridiculous.

The Who pack is incredible. I love the Boston one, too. You get at least 7 songs a week with Rock Band and maybe 3 a week if you're lucky on GH. It's just not the same.

Did you get the Cars pack?  It's pretty freaking outstanding, too.  "My Best Friend's Girl" has a really fun riff to play.  I love how diverse Rock Band's selection is getting, even though not much has interested me for a while.  I picked up a couple of the Orbison songs, but I wasn't interested in the country pack, and I will take a big PASS on Kravitz.

Yep - got the Cars as well. Also, the NIN pack is sweet. If you want to play a fun but repetitive drum song, I recommend the Collector. Maybe I like it because I'm not that good, but it's a blast.

Fuck country and Kravitz with a lightning bolt.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 15, 2009, 06:00:54 PM
A Springsteen 2-pack (including Born to Run and something off his new album) is coming to GTWT for free.  I hope this means he's also on his way to Rock Band.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to pick up GTWT.

Yep, but it's going to be a standalone game.  Apparently, they're not doing a Rock Band 3 in 2009, but doing the Beatles game instead.  I suspect it's going to kick ass.

They don't even need to make a new game. Just keep releasing weekly song packs and I'm down.

Pearl Jam's Ten is hitting the store March 24th. So, essentially, Christmas is March 24th this year.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.  I'd prefer only track packs, but I think the implication was that they're going to do something a little bit special for The Beatles.  And I cannot wait for Ten.  So far, I think the best track packs have been The Who, Boston, and The Cars.  This will blow them all away.  Well, maybe not The Who.  That one was ridiculous.

The Who pack is incredible. I love the Boston one, too. You get at least 7 songs a week with Rock Band and maybe 3 a week if you're lucky on GH. It's just not the same.

Did you get the Cars pack?  It's pretty freaking outstanding, too.  "My Best Friend's Girl" has a really fun riff to play.  I love how diverse Rock Band's selection is getting, even though not much has interested me for a while.  I picked up a couple of the Orbison songs, but I wasn't interested in the country pack, and I will take a big PASS on Kravitz.

Yep - got the Cars as well. Also, the NIN pack is sweet. If you want to play a fun but repetitive drum song, I recommend the Collector. Maybe I like it because I'm not that good, but it's a blast.

I'm sure a Geremi Gonzalez joke is a little to insensitive here.

bocaj

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 15, 2009, 06:03:07 PM

I'm sure a Geremi Gonzalez joke is a little to insensitive here.

How sure?
How can we win, when fools can be kings? Don't waste your time or time will waste you...

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 11:56:14 PM »

I keep hesitating on the NIN pack, because I fear that "Perfect Drug" will shatter my wrists on drums.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 12:12:31 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 11:56:14 PM

I keep hesitating on the NIN pack, because I fear that "Perfect Drug" will shatter my wrists on drums.

It's a fun song on Hard, and nearly impossible on Expert.  I watched a YouTube video of some guy who got close to 100% on it, and it just boggles my mind.  So far "Foreplay/Long Time" on Expert is the most difficult drum song I've played (because I refuse to play "Run to the Hills" on Expert), but "Perfect Drug" is a close second.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »
Well the game was fun while it lasted... Tonight, while playing, somehow it got scratched pretty nicely. I believe it might have happened when I picked the xbox up to move it 2 feet forward to reach for the wired controller I have, but it was never tilted during that. There is a small ring about halfway in that goes around 1/3 of the disc... and now it prevents me from fully playing all of the Tour... Any suggestions on what route to take? Go back to Best Buy for a possible exchange? Microsoft? Someone told me that Family Video can sometime repair discs for a small fee...

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 01:23:34 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 16, 2009, 12:12:31 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 15, 2009, 11:56:14 PM

It's a fun song on Hard, and nearly impossible on Expert.  I watched a YouTube video of some guy who got close to 100% on it, and it just boggles my mind.  So far "Foreplay/Long Time" on Expert is the most difficult drum song I've played (because I refuse to play "Run to the Hills" on Expert), but "Perfect Drug" is a close second.

No "Green Grass and High Tides"?
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 16, 2009, 01:00:46 AM
Well the game was fun while it lasted... Tonight, while playing, somehow it got scratched pretty nicely. I believe it might have happened when I picked the xbox up to move it 2 feet forward to reach for the wired controller I have, but it was never tilted during that. There is a small ring about halfway in that goes around 1/3 of the disc... and now it prevents me from fully playing all of the Tour... Any suggestions on what route to take? Go back to Best Buy for a possible exchange? Microsoft? Someone told me that Family Video can sometime repair discs for a small fee...

Well it sounds like you just bought it.  If so, just take it back wherever you bought it from.  If it's Best Buy, I think their exchange policy for games is either 14 or 30 days.

Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 16, 2009, 01:23:34 AM
No "Green Grass and High Tides"?

That song isn't too hard, it's just long and annoying (that's what she said).  If you can survive playing the same thing over and over and over again for about 3 minutes straight, it's alright.  I also forgot to mention that "Next To You" is all kinds of ridiculous.  I've only played it on Hard, and I remember having to save my star power thing for most of the song, just so I could have the drum fills take away a lot of the notes.

I'd say my favorite song to play on drums is "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" on Expert.  It's just a lot of fun.  "Foreplay/Long Time" is still the most awesomely epic song in the game, but I can only do that one on Hard.

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »
I'm up to the last song on the Impossible Bass Challenge, and cannot get past the Dream Theater song.  More annoyingly, I get tripped up at around 80% of a 7 minute song.

And I had a tough time with Flirtin With Disaster on Expert.  That's a song I've heard a few too many times now.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »
Quote from: williams on January 16, 2009, 10:31:36 AM
I'm up to the last song on the Impossible Bass Challenge, and cannot get past the Dream Theater song.  More annoyingly, I get tripped up at around 80% of a 7 minute song.

And I had a tough time with Flirtin With Disaster on Expert.  That's a song I've heard a few too many times now.

I despise Flirtin with Disaster, particularly since it's easy enough to play through the entire song before getting killed by the final solo.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »
QuoteWell it sounds like you just bought it.  If so, just take it back wherever you bought it from.  If it's Best Buy, I think their exchange policy for games is either 14 or 30 days.

Not if it's opened, right?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 16, 2009, 10:35:07 AM
QuoteWell it sounds like you just bought it.  If so, just take it back wherever you bought it from.  If it's Best Buy, I think their exchange policy for games is either 14 or 30 days.

You can exchange it if it doesn't play.  You just can't return it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 16, 2009, 10:52:29 AM

Correct.  I know Electronics Boutique used to offer a full return policy for new games.  Or at least you could swap them for a different title.  Those were the good ol' days.  How am I supposed to know if a game sucks without playing it?  It costs as much to rent them these days as it does to buy them!  AMIRIGHT?!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2009, 11:10:44 AM »

That makes sense.  Thanks.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »

Well if I go, I hope they don't notice the possible negligence on my part.. I'm not sold on the best course of action.. I did go to Family Video and they possibly fixed it but I won't know until tomorrow sometime when I can play it... Then if it doesn't work I think I'll drag my ass up there and exchange it... I guess I can just say it came like that.. I hope they buy it