News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Borb Brenly is the Truth.  ( 20,401 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Borb Brenly is the Truth.
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 11, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 11, 2010, 01:42:40 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 11, 2010, 11:57:26 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 11, 2010, 10:16:29 AM
Like most of you, I like Brenly. I enjoyed his verbal stripdown of Ryan Braun last year. He's a decent color guy and generally fun to listen to, but he does have some MEATHEAD in him that filters out like it did last night.

Bob is like everyone's favorite uncle. His jokes and stories are as cheesy as they are predictable. And, yeah, he sometimes says just plain dumb shit. But it's all good, because he's just your favorite goofball uncle.

You just fetch him another beer and listen to the story about that time he wore blue shoes again. And you sure as hell don't fact check him.

Maybe you're being meta-post-ironic but if you're not I totally agree. I love Borb and can put up with anything dumb he might say. I'm going to get more upset about shitty baseball than the guy who agrees with me that I'm watching shitty baseball.

But if you are being meta-post-ironic, then, yeah. I totally got it.

I agree with whatever everyone is saying here, even if I don't.

I think Tank was being unpostironic in his praise of Borb's awesomeness and he is completely right. Len dips his toes into the pond of statscummery and Bob is the gritty grumpy basebally uncle. A great balance in this pud's opinion. If only the baseball they were commenting on didn't suck so many cheese-crusted, musky-scented foreskins.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 11, 2010, 02:20:59 PM
Like most of you, I like Brenly. I enjoyed his verbal stripdown of Ryan Braun last year. He's a decent color guy and generally fun to listen to, but he does have some MEATHEAD in him that filters out like it did last night.

Bob is like everyone's favorite uncle. His jokes and stories are as cheesy as they are predictable. And, yeah, he sometimes says just plain dumb shit. But it's all good, because he's just your favorite goofball uncle.

You just fetch him another beer and listen to the story about that time he wore blue shoes again. And you sure as hell don't fact check him.

Maybe you're being meta-post-ironic but if you're not I totally agree. I love Borb and can put up with anything dumb he might say. I'm going to get more upset about shitty baseball than the guy who agrees with me that I'm watching shitty baseball.

I think Tank was being unpostironic in his praise of Borb's awesomeness and he is completely right. Len dips his toes into the pond of statscummery and Bob is the gritty grumpy basebally uncle. A great balance in this pud's opinion. If only the baseball they were commenting on didn't suck so many cheese-crusted, musky-scented foreskins.

I concur.  I enjoyed the "exchange" last week where Len was talking at length about various guys who had their first major league hit before their actual debut was recorded...or some such due to Suspended games...and this went on for a few minutes.   Probably too long.  Borb just occasionally went "Really. Uh-huh" as the game continued.

What Borb really wanted to say was "Cut the statfaggery, pencilneck".

Even his moustache and skin complexion ooze with grit.   He pisses on pregame fraternization, and he doesn't tolerate lollygaggers.

Borb = GRIT

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on May 11, 2010, 02:41:19 PM

I concur.  I enjoyed the "exchange" last week where Len was talking at length about various guys who had their first major league hit before their actual debut was recorded...or some such due to Suspended games...and this went on for a few minutes.   Probably too long.  Borb just occasionally went "Really. Uh-huh" as the game continued.

Even his moustache and skin complexion ooze with grit.   He pisses on pregame fraternization, and he doesn't tolerate lollygaggers.

Borb = GRIT

Most of all, he doesn't tolerate bullshit.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2010, 03:37:37 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 11, 2010, 02:57:25 PM

Borb = GRIT

Or puka shell necklaces.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 11, 2010, 02:57:25 PM

Borb = GRIT

Well then, there's your next GM.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2010, 03:04:27 PM »
Since there are no Mark Grace threads left, figured may as well put this in a thread about a color dude. (settle down, TDubbs, I didn't say "colored")

Anyway....Grace had an interview yesterday on one of the local radio shows and got quite animated, talking about his love for stealing signs "Some of my biggest hits came thanks to Ryno and Dawson" and then went off an Eric Byrnes "he's a basically a clown without make-up" at this point.

By no means is this must-listen, but if you're bored on a Friday, here's the link.

I heard some of it in the car yesterday, so there may be more goodies, no promises.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 14, 2010, 03:04:27 PM
Since there are no Mark Grace threads left, figured may as well put this in a thread about a color dude. (settle down, TDubbs, I didn't say "colored")

Anyway....Grace had an interview yesterday on one of the local radio shows and got quite animated, talking about his love for stealing signs "Some of my biggest hits came thanks to Ryno and Dawson" and then went off an Eric Byrnes "he's a basically a clown without make-up" at this point.

By no means is this must-listen, but if you're bored on a Friday, here's the link.

I heard some of it in the car yesterday, so there may be more goodies, no promises.

Ohhhh yeah  Penis finally coming over to the dark side.  Those fucking ni- wait?  Color guy?  dammit.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
Quote from: Bonk on June 07, 2011, 11:17:07 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-brenly-applauds-zambranos-stance-rips-cubs-as-disinterested-20110606,0,5950695.story

The truth.

So...how long until he gets fired?

I think even Todd Ricketts is smart enough to know what happened the last time there was an team/broadcaster problem with the Cubs, and I doubt they let that happen again.  I guess that there is some chance that Borb is starting to line up his next gig, but the comments didn't seem particularly aggressive for him.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-brenly-applauds-zambranos-stance-rips-cubs-as-disinterested-20110606,0,5950695.story

The truth.

Just doin' my thing...

Quote from: CT III on June 06, 2011, 11:22:31 AM
And meanwhile, Borb Brenly is still THE TRUTH.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/cbsports-brenly-applauds-zambranos-stance-rips-cubs-as-disinterested-20110606,0,1823289.story

QuoteThis has been, once again, another dead-ass team. You've got some guys that look like they're just playing out the string, and we're only in the first (week) of June here, and we know from past experience that Carlos is not on e of those guys that can sit by idly and keep his mouth shut and just let things continue to spiral downward. He's going to express his opinion, he's going to be emotional about it when he does it.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 08, 2011, 10:07:27 AM

The truth.

I think even Todd Ricketts is smart enough to know what happened the last time there was an team/broadcaster problem with the Cubs, and I doubt they let that happen again.  I guess that there is some chance that Borb is starting to line up his next gig, but the comments didn't seem particularly aggressive for him.

He's been lining up that next managerial gig for about 7 years.  Any. Day. Now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 08, 2011, 11:11:13 AM

The truth.

'Pex, that had crossed my mind too.  The gig I was thinking of would be based in Bristol.  They seem to have a predelliction these days for meatballic former atheletes whose talent level in their sport is eclipsed by their volume level today.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 08, 2011, 02:28:02 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 08, 2011, 11:11:13 AM

The truth.

'Pex, that had crossed my mind too.  The gig I was thinking of would be based in Bristol.  They seem to have a predelliction these days for meatballic former atheletes whose talent level in their sport is eclipsed by their volume level today.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.