News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Why I Like Mike: And other reasons to shave all hair off my body.  ( 7,532 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Why I Like Mike: And other reasons to shave all hair off my body.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 08:17:34 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 27, 2011, 05:06:47 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 01:59:32 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 12:57:47 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 12:56:22 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 12:06:30 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 27, 2011, 11:00:18 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 27, 2011, 10:45:27 AM
Byrd got shitty with a common Chuck last night in Milwaukee.

Per Sully:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0727-brite-cubs-brewers-chicag20110727,0,5357596.story

QuoteByrd was stretching on the field with his teammates when the fan, a middle-aged man wearing a Cubs T-shirt, apparently said out loud that the team "sucks."

Byrd asked him to go change his shirt. When the fan said something back, Byrd told him he was "pathetic" and questioned whether he was really a Cubs fan in the first place. The two went back-and-forth for three or four minutes, with Byrd's voice rising and the fan seemingly enjoying the attention.

QuotePlayers, coaches and fans all watched it go on. A Miller Park security guard eventually came over to tell the fan to pipe down.

Players typically are asked not to respond to fan taunting. Quade eventually went over and said something to Byrd, before the two walked away into the outfield. Quade said he doesn't want his players arguing with fans.

"Let me do that," Quade said. "It happens."

After batting practice, Byrd went over to the stands and signed autographs for fans for about 15 minutes.

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Until there's an Argue with Mike Quade booth at Cubs Convention, I'm not so sure.

I bet Monty Python could make a great routine out of that.

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

This isn't an argument.  You are just contradicting me.

No I'm not.

There.  You just did it again!

This is like watching Palin and Cleese struggle through the Dead Parrot sketch on SNL in 1997. It at least reminds me of something that's made me laugh in the past.

No it doesn't.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 08:54:13 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 27, 2011, 05:06:47 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 01:59:32 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 12:57:47 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 12:56:22 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 12:06:30 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 27, 2011, 11:00:18 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 27, 2011, 10:45:27 AM
Byrd got shitty with a common Chuck last night in Milwaukee.

Per Sully:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0727-brite-cubs-brewers-chicag20110727,0,5357596.story

QuoteByrd was stretching on the field with his teammates when the fan, a middle-aged man wearing a Cubs T-shirt, apparently said out loud that the team "sucks."

Byrd asked him to go change his shirt. When the fan said something back, Byrd told him he was "pathetic" and questioned whether he was really a Cubs fan in the first place. The two went back-and-forth for three or four minutes, with Byrd's voice rising and the fan seemingly enjoying the attention.

QuotePlayers, coaches and fans all watched it go on. A Miller Park security guard eventually came over to tell the fan to pipe down.

Players typically are asked not to respond to fan taunting. Quade eventually went over and said something to Byrd, before the two walked away into the outfield. Quade said he doesn't want his players arguing with fans.

"Let me do that," Quade said. "It happens."

After batting practice, Byrd went over to the stands and signed autographs for fans for about 15 minutes.

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Until there's an Argue with Mike Quade booth at Cubs Convention, I'm not so sure.

I bet Monty Python could make a great routine out of that.

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

This isn't an argument.  You are just contradicting me.

No I'm not.

There.  You just did it again!

This is like watching Palin and Cleese struggle through the Dead Parrot sketch on SNL in 1997. It at least reminds me of something that's made me laugh in the past.

No it doesn't.

+1
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
Apparenty Mike's job is to win with this turd casserole.
QuoteWe asked Quade before the game why two games in a row Colvin hasn't played, and unfortunately his answer was he has to get Johnson and Baker in there. It's not a futuristic look at the Cubs. I admire Quade wanting to win every game, but that's not it right now. It should be all about player development the last two months.

I think Quade is worried about himself being part of the future as well. I think the only thing people can look at resume wise is wins and losses. He's worked 30 years to get to this point, so his goal is to help develop but also win. He has to win to keep his job.

Does this mean he's a hairless freak who sucks at his job then? I'll wait for Justice Pex's ruling.

But really. I'm no Quade homer but to fire him because of his W-L record is, well, Cubsian in its stupidity. Maybe it's an excuse to get rid of a guy they for some reason don't like but won't say why.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 08:35:23 AM »
QuoteI think Quade is worried about himself being part of the future as well. I think the only thing people can look at resume wise is wins and losses. He's worked 30 years to get to this point, so his goal is to help develop but also win. He has to win to keep his job.

If Quade's job performance is based on number of wins, then shouldn't everyone else's job in the organization depend on that as well?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 08:44:56 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 03, 2011, 08:25:23 AM
We asked Quade before the game why two games in a row Colvin hasn't played, and unfortunately his answer was he has to get Johnson and Baker in there.

I would have had a total mancrush on Quade if he said "Colvin hasn't played because he's bad at baseball." Which is the real answer, but he has to be diplomatic about it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 03, 2011, 08:35:23 AM
QuoteI think Quade is worried about himself being part of the future as well. I think the only thing people can look at resume wise is wins and losses. He's worked 30 years to get to this point, so his goal is to help develop but also win. He has to win to keep his job.

If Quade's job performance is based on number of wins, then shouldn't everyone else's job in the organization depend on that as well?

Well he's the manager. It depends on the job. For example, Hendry is the GM, so his is based on How Many Friends He Has Around the Game. And he's the best in the league as a result.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 03, 2011, 08:44:56 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 03, 2011, 08:25:23 AM
We asked Quade before the game why two games in a row Colvin hasn't played, and unfortunately his answer was he has to get Johnson and Baker in there.

I would have had a total mancrush on Quade if he said "Colvin hasn't played because he's bad at baseball." Which is the real answer, but he has to be diplomatic about it.

*shaves all hair off body*
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 05:26:34 AM »
"Castro has been stellar in most of his slot in the lineup and posted a solid .309 batting average. After hitting just .250 during July, he has started August with three straight three-hit outings. "He looks good in the leadoff spot, but he looked really good in the two-hole," Quade told MLB.com. "
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:14 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 04, 2011, 05:26:34 AM
"Castro has been stellar in most of his slot in the lineup and posted a solid .309 batting average. After hitting just .250 during July, he has started August with three straight three-hit outings. "He looks good in the leadoff spot, but he looked really good in the two-hole," Quade told MLB.com. "

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0804-cubs-bits--20110804,0,3889522.story

QuoteCastro watch: Starlin Castro had three hits for the third straight game Wednesday, including the go-ahead home run in the eighth. Castro entered the night with a .361 batting average in the leadoff spot and ranked fourth in the National League with a .398 on-base percentage in the top spot.

Is manager Mike Quade finally ready to anoint Castro as his regular leadoff man?

"I don't know," he said. "He looks good in the leadoff spot, and then you know, he doesn't (hit) and (it's) 'He looks really good in the two hole,' and you go round and round. I still go back to the fact that he just hits no matter where you put him."

Castro is hitting .335 in the No. 2 hole and .224 batting third. Quade said that for now, batting Castro leadoff "seems like the best way to go."

The proper answer is to bat him everywhere at once excpet third. Aramis can bat third.

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 04, 2011, 09:14:14 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0804-cubs-bits--20110804,0,3889522.story

QuoteCastro watch: Starlin Castro had three hits for the third straight game Wednesday, including the go-ahead home run in the eighth. Castro entered the night with a .361 batting average in the leadoff spot and ranked fourth in the National League with a .398 on-base percentage in the top spot.

Is manager Mike Quade finally ready to anoint Castro as his regular leadoff man?

"I don't know," he said. "He looks good in the leadoff spot, and then you know, he doesn't (hit) and (it's) 'He looks really good in the two hole,' and you go round and round. I still go back to the fact that he just hits no matter where you put him."

Castro is hitting .335 in the No. 2 hole and .224 batting third. Quade said that for now, batting Castro leadoff "seems like the best way to go."

The proper answer is to bat him everywhere at once excpet third. Aramis can bat third.

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

I know you're new to Twitter, but there and Gawker are the only places where hashtags work.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 04, 2011, 09:21:50 AM

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

I know you're new to Twitter, but there and Gawker are the only places where hashtags work.

#FACT
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 11:20:01 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 04, 2011, 09:31:21 AM

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

#FACT

#truefact #thingsguyssay #movietitlepuns #Bieber #thats545inseattleithink

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Don't ever change who you are for anybody. You're fucking awesome.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 04, 2011, 11:48:42 AM

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Don't ever change who you are for anybody. You're fucking awesome.

Well now I have to change.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
I was just going to steer clear of this thread, because I was pretty sure that this legion of Mike Quade haters existed mostly in Apex's head.

Dammit.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-08-12/sports/ct-spt-0813-bits-cubs-braves-chicago-20110813_1_mike-quade-trevor-gretzky-starlin-castro

QuoteGrace, who broadcasts Diamondbacks games and also works for Fox's "Game of the Week" telecasts, said Sandberg was the obvious choice because of his popularity.

"First of all, the Cubs needed a PR jolt and certainly Ryne Sandberg is a god in Chicago," he said. "... Chicago's entertainment is sports, they are so passionate and they love their own.

"What Hall of Famer goes down and rides buses for five years to pay their dues? ... It just made all the sense in the world to give it to Sandberg because he is a hell of a manager."

If Mark Grace is agin' it, I'm fer it.

[shaves body hair]

[stands next to Apex]

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs