News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Believe!  ( 10,952 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Believe!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:39 AM »

Firing Hendry mid-season would have little to no impact. He still gets paid, and ownership can just stop him from giving out new contracts. And it's not like the Cubs have that many guys they'd want to trade that anyone else would want.

The logical thing for the Ricketti would be to clean house October 1, from Kenney down, and build a new organization from scratch.

I think we've got a better chance of seeing Richard Simmons Jr. than we do of seeing that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 19, 2011, 08:11:39 AM

The logical thing for the Ricketti would be to clean house October 1, from Kenney down, and build a new organization from scratch.

This is the real solution.  HOWEVUH, I don't think those rascally Ricketts Kids would be allowed to do this if they wanted to.  You think ole' man Joe, some okie  from the south that probably doesn't even like baseball and who built this ginormous financial empire with his own hands, only to have allowed himself to let his Dubbsian children take that hard-earned money and throw it into  an enterprise that basically dropped in value, due to this global financial meltdown,  as soon as they struck a sale price...you think he's going to allow more cash to be spent?  

Unless this guy's riddled with dementia or on his death bed, I have a hard time thinking any additional cash will be thrown into this turd.

We're boned--unless they can convince Toby to smother the old man with a pillow.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 19, 2011, 08:57:59 AM

This is the real solution.  HOWEVUH, I don't think those rascally Ricketts Kids would be allowed to do this if they wanted to.  You think ole' man Joe, some okie  from the south that probably doesn't even like baseball and who built this ginormous financial empire with his own hands, only to have allowed himself to let his Dubbsian children take that hard-earned money and throw it into  an enterprise that basically dropped in value, due to this global financial meltdown,  as soon as they struck a sale price...you think he's going to allow more cash to be spent?  

Unless this guy's riddled with dementia or on his death bed, I have a hard time thinking any additional cash will be thrown into this turd.

We're boned--unless they can convince Toby to smother the old man with a pillow.

This made me laugh. But now I want to take the rest of the day off and get drunk.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 09:06:11 AM »

You're making it sound like Bill Wirtz redux. I don't think it's quite that simple. I don't think there's a Rocky in that family either.

Aisle424, who had a blog and now pitches in at Obstructed View, had some video up of Ricketts the Elder talking about Tom's pitch to him to buy the team. The thing that turned him was $$$$$.

I couldn't let this post go without linking you fine folks to it: So here you go.l Please read it and please watch the video. It may have been covered here but it's dis-fucking-heartening to say the least.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2011, 09:06:11 AM

You're making it sound like Bill Wirtz redux. I don't think it's quite that simple. I don't think there's a Rocky in that family either.

Aisle424, who had a blog and now pitches in at Obstructed View, had some video up of Ricketts the Elder talking about Tom's pitch to him to buy the team. The thing that turned him was $$$$$.

I couldn't let this post go without linking you fine folks to it: So here you go.l Please read it and please watch the video. It may have been covered here but it's dis-fucking-heartening to say the least.

QuotePage not found
Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Tales from Aisle 424 - A Cubs Blog does not exist.

*weeps*

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
Try this.  Same video, much more self important writing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »

That's why the conclusion was:

Quote from: Fork
I think we've got a better chance of seeing Richard Simmons Jr. than we do of seeing that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
Someone was proud of his Forkjoke.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 09:45:37 AM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 19, 2011, 09:42:33 AM

I don't know that bald Mick bastard basically deleted a one-line summation to write one of several paragraphs only to reach the same conclusion.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 19, 2011, 09:47:32 AM
Quote from: Bort on May 19, 2011, 09:42:33 AM

I don't know that bald Mick bastard basically deleted a one-line summation to write one of several paragraphs only to reach the same conclusion.

Because luckily I have CHORKBLOCK on this computer, so my eyes weren't subjected to it.

Also, cuz I'm a long-winded asshat that felt the need to illustrate WHY it wouldn't happen.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 19, 2011, 09:40:43 AM

Or here's the video with zero writing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac6h2wczxGA&feature=player_embedded

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 01:17:21 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2011, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 19, 2011, 09:40:43 AM

Or here's the video with zero writing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac6h2wczxGA&feature=player_embedded

This is precisely what it took to get me to finally watch this video.

Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2011, 12:57:58 PM
We are truly screwed

That.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
I can't bring myself to watch the video.