News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,226 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on April 27, 2015, 10:54:10 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 27, 2015, 10:35:27 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 27, 2015, 09:36:58 AM
Big boner positive for Starlin's amazing dive to his right to snag a Brennan Boesch one hopper then throw from his pants to get the runner at first. It was a legit Web Gem or Top 10 Play or whatever good defensive plays are called nowadays.

Video: http://m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/120668626/starlin-adds-to-highlight-reel-with-throw-from-knees

Starlin has been playing very well this year.

Helluva stretch by Rizzo too.

Meh.  Any decent 1B would have done the same thing.

So then not any red-assed 16" softball first basemen I know of.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on April 04, 2014, 10:00:28 PM
/thread

Trying this again since it worked out last year.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 27, 2015, 09:53:01 PM
/thread

What he's doing to my fantasy team and to me personally right now is giving me all the bad feels.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on May 28, 2015, 09:20:39 AM
/thread

What he's doing to my fantasy team and to me personally right now is giving me all the bad feels.

It's a disheartening fucking situation.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 28, 2015, 09:25:54 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 28, 2015, 09:20:39 AM
/thread

It's a disheartening fucking situation.

I think the front office had a really tough task before this year. It would've been a big gamble to trade him since they'd be counting on Baez and Russell to be good right away which, given Baez's debut, seemed sketchy. But after last year, Castro's value probably had nowhere to go but down -- we know what he is by this point and the chances of him doing something to significantly increase his trade value were slim.

Who knows if a Syndergaard-Castro type of deal was ever even available to them. If it was, it probably won't be again. That's why GM'ing is hard.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bump for his massive home run and for a trot so long and deliberate it (actual quote) had the Cardinals (yes they were talking about him during a game that didn't even involve the Cubs because Cardinals fans) booth talking about how their "blood was literally boiling".
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 08:44:29 AM
Bump for his massive home run and for a trot so long and deliberate it (actual quote) had the Cardinals (yes they were talking about him during a game that didn't even involve the Cubs because Cardinals fans) booth talking about how their "blood was literally boiling".

Really? Video?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 02, 2015, 09:27:09 AM

Really? Video?

I don't have it, but I heard them talking about it watching the game, several other guys on twitter commented on it, and then you can go and check the BFIBB twitter feed from right when they said it and laugh at the 500 Cardinals fans demanding that Castro be beaned for disrespecting the game.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 09:31:28 AM
then you can go and check the BFIBB twitter feed from right when they said it and laugh at the 500 Cardinals fans demanding that Castro be beaned for disrespecting the game.

Why would I want to do any of that?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 02, 2015, 09:33:04 AM
then you can go and check the BFIBB twitter feed from right when they said it and laugh at the 500 Cardinals fans demanding that Castro be beaned for disrespecting the game.

INTREPID READER ELI:

"look at me, I'm so above your so called "internet" thing"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Really? Video?

I just set the replay of the game to record. I'm interested to see what they said.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on June 02, 2015, 09:35:39 AM

Really? Video?

I just set the replay of the game to record. I'm interested to see what they said.

Wait--you're recording Cardinals games?  You're as bad as them!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Really? Video?

I thought you had MLB.TV. You can just replay it on there. I'll try to figure out what inning it was where they discussed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 02, 2015, 09:33:04 AM

INTREPID READER ELI:

"look at me, I'm so above your so called "internet" thing"

*nods*

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 02, 2015, 09:41:19 AM

Really? Video?

I thought you had MLB.TV. You can just replay it on there. I'll try to figure out what inning it was where they discussed it.

I suspected as much; I just couldn't pass on that opportunity.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs