News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 158,033 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 21, 2013, 10:05:58 AM
Quote from: CBStew on October 21, 2013, 09:11:17 AM
Quote from: Bort on October 20, 2013, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 20, 2013, 01:03:26 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 20, 2013, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 20, 2013, 12:13:02 AM
What's the best-case scenario for the upcoming World Series of Insufferability, besides a disaster destroying both teams and their awful fans? Who should I be rooting for here.

Still the Red Sox.

Yeah, this.  Apart from the Cubs (ha ha), I'd like to see Oakland, Baltimore or KC take home the World Series.  If it's not going to be one of them, though, then as long as it's not the Tards or the White Sox who win it all, I can simply ignore the winner and I'm happy enough.

I know about 5 decent Red Sox fans, so that eases the irritation. The remaining 50 or so Red Sox fans I know can fuck off, though.
One of my law partners has a picture of Ted williams in his office.  I have one of Hank Sauer, and another with Andy Pafko, Bill Nicolson and Peanuts Lowery, in my office.  So who am I to talk?

I don't have an office yet, but if and when I do, it's gonna be wall-to-wall DeRosa, Theriot, Campana, Kerry Wood, and all the other gritty non-GLOREE BOYS that a way everyone knows I luh ma KUBBEEZ.

I have an enduring and perpetual shrine to Todd Walker in my office.  It's conveniently placed near the thermostat.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 21, 2013, 11:48:49 AM
What's the best-case scenario for the upcoming World Series of Insufferability, besides a disaster destroying both teams and their awful fans? Who should I be rooting for here.

Still the Red Sox.

Yeah, this.  Apart from the Cubs (ha ha), I'd like to see Oakland, Baltimore or KC take home the World Series.  If it's not going to be one of them, though, then as long as it's not the Tards or the White Sox who win it all, I can simply ignore the winner and I'm happy enough.

I know about 5 decent Red Sox fans, so that eases the irritation. The remaining 50 or so Red Sox fans I know can fuck off, though.
One of my law partners has a picture of Ted williams in his office.  I have one of Hank Sauer, and another with Andy Pafko, Bill Nicolson and Peanuts Lowery, in my office.  So who am I to talk?

I don't have an office yet, but if and when I do, it's gonna be wall-to-wall DeRosa, Theriot, Campana, Kerry Wood, and all the other gritty non-GLOREE BOYS that a way everyone knows I luh ma KUBBEEZ.

I have an enduring and perpetual shrine to Todd Walker in my office.  It's conveniently placed near the thermostat.

Good call, Walker is a must.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 21, 2013, 12:00:58 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 21, 2013, 11:48:49 AM

Still the Red Sox.

Good call, Walker is a must.

If I ever visit you at work, be sure to stick it in a drawer for both our sakes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »
Christ, this is so repulsive I had to turn it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3Y4wrDy_Q
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 23, 2013, 12:07:07 PM
Christ, this is so repulsive I had to turn it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3Y4wrDy_Q

You leave that song alone, Cardinals fans.  Go back to your country hits or Nickelback or Creed or whatever.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2013, 05:15:50 AM »
This is my new favourite thing ever, especially the commentary from KMOX St Louis in the last version.  Rookie mistake, indeed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2013, 09:33:07 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 28, 2013, 05:15:50 AM
This is my new favourite thing ever, especially the commentary from KMOX St Louis in the last version.  Rookie mistake, indeed.

"Why would they be holding 'em on? I don't get it. Heh heh... BLARGHHHH!!111!!!!!"
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »

My favorite part is the ad at the beginning, Bo Jackson for 5-Hour Energy. If that's what he's doing now, I'm guessing he'd at least read a CRACK BACK script.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2013, 09:58:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2013, 09:33:07 AM

"Why would they be holding 'em on? I don't get it. Heh heh... BLARGHHHH!!111!!!!!"

You can also hear McCarver go "Oh no" (or "Oh my", I've had a drink since I listened to it) afterwards.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 28, 2013, 09:58:16 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2013, 09:33:07 AM

You can also hear McCarver go "Oh no" (or "Oh my", I've had a drink since I listened to it) afterwards.

Only 3 games or +/- 27 innings for McCarver.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2013, 09:56:01 AM

My favorite part is the ad at the beginning, Bo Jackson for 5-Hour Energy. If that's what he's doing now, I'm guessing he'd at least read a CRACK BACK script.

You're joking, right?  If he even gets two cents for every time they show that video, he's absolutely fucking raking it in.  I must have seen it, oh, easily five hundred times this season - so often that I can quote the whole thing verbatim, and I don't even watch that much baseball these days.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 28, 2013, 10:43:27 AM

You're joking, right?  If he even gets two cents for every time they show that video, he's absolutely fucking raking it in.  I must have seen it, oh, easily five hundred times this season - so often that I can quote the whole thing verbatim, and I don't even watch that much baseball these days.

If they were shelling out any kind of decent money for that ad, they'd get someone who's been a thing more recently than 1994.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »

Finally, the Cardinals show everyone how to run the bases THE RIGHT WAY. Ronny Cedeno and Ryan Theriot were way ahead of their time.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2013, 11:15:44 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 28, 2013, 10:47:21 AM

If they were shelling out any kind of decent money for that ad, they'd get someone who's been a thing more recently than 1994.

You clearly weren't paying attention at all.  He is a business owner, and a spokesperson; he is a leader, a doer, and a multi-tasker; he is Bo Jackson.  That's lots of "things" that he is.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »

I'm no PenFoe, but I'm pretty sure that's not how TV commercial actors get paid.