News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,597 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2009, 12:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 10, 2009, 12:22:55 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 10, 2009, 11:57:02 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 10, 2009, 10:47:37 AM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

Got mine, just waiting on quitting time.  I've gotten random nerd texts throughout the day saying how sploogetastic it is.

This controller thing is going to take a lot of getting used to.  I've played 3 or 4 matches online and have had my ass handed to me.  Not good.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 10, 2009, 12:32:46 PM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

Got mine, just waiting on quitting time.  I've gotten random nerd texts throughout the day saying how sploogetastic it is.

This controller thing is going to take a lot of getting used to.  I've played 3 or 4 matches online and have had my ass handed to me.  Not good.

HOLY SHIT.  SOUND THE ALARM.  SOMEBODY GET SOMEBODY ON THE PHONE.  SOMEBODY PLAY SOFTBALL.  THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2009, 02:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 10, 2009, 12:50:00 PM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

HOLY SHIT.  SOUND THE ALARM.  SOMEBODY GET SOMEBODY ON THE PHONE.  SOMEBODY PLAY SOFTBALL.  THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm finding the single player is difficult to the point of being annoying.  I'm in the streets of Brazil, and they basically just throw a shitload of guys at you from all directions with absolutely no indication of where they are.  I've even lowered the difficulty to Regular and I'm constantly dying.  This one part in particular, just when I think I've found some cover, there's a guy that popped up right behind me and I'm dead again.  The game's cool, but godammit if it's not hard as hell.  If they throw a mission in here that's anything like the Ferris Wheel one from the first game, I might break a controller.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 10, 2009, 02:54:19 PM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm finding the single player is difficult to the point of being annoying.  I'm in the streets of Brazil, and they basically just throw a shitload of guys at you from all directions with absolutely no indication of where they are.  I've even lowered the difficulty to Regular and I'm constantly dying.  This one part in particular, just when I think I've found some cover, there's a guy that popped up right behind me and I'm dead again.  The game's cool, but godammit if it's not hard as hell.  If they throw a mission in here that's anything like the Ferris Wheel one from the first game, I might break a controller.

I might play the single player.  Maybe.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2009, 03:05:13 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 10, 2009, 02:59:12 PM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

It's making me want to snap the disc in half right now.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 10, 2009, 03:05:13 PM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

If you do it, the terrorists win.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 10, 2009, 03:05:13 PM
Kerm, you pick MW2 up?

Getting it at lunch.

Please, please do it.  Please. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »
How do you guys maintain healthy relationships with females? See, a sports game at least takes a finite amount of time. This? You could conceivably play for hours on end with a bed pan 'neath ya. No lie, Weebs and Yeti have not stopped playing this game yet today.

Color me baffled.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2009, 04:21:09 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 10, 2009, 04:12:57 PM
How do you guys maintain healthy relationships with females? See, a sports game at least takes a finite amount of time. This? You could conceivably play for hours on end with a bed pan 'neath ya. No lie, Weebs and Yeti have not stopped playing this game yet today.

Color me baffled.

To be fair, I've just left the system on.  I haven't been playing too much.  But yes, as long as there's a toilet and food nearby, this could go on forever.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:38 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 10, 2009, 04:21:09 PM

Color me baffled.

To be fair, I've just left the system on.  I haven't been playing too much.  But yes, as long as there's a toilet and food nearby, this could go on forever.

Scary.  Do you pay for your electricity?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »

Color me baffled.

I do have a relationship with a female. It just happens to be that b/c of distance apart, both working full-time jobs, and me going to school makes it to where we see each other on the weekends mainly, with a few exceptions

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2009, 07:10:55 AM »

Color me baffled.

I'm married.  She knew what she was getting into.

(Only played for two hours last night.)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2009, 07:30:47 AM »
Okay, so care packages.  I think they're a massive WIN.  Getting a four-streak and having that thing drop and it might be an AC-130 or predator missile?  It's the steakballs.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 11, 2009, 07:30:47 AM
Okay, so care packages.  I think they're a massive WIN.  Getting a four-streak and having that thing drop and it might be an AC-130 or predator missile?  It's the steakballs.

I actually took it off my kill streak list.  I unlocked the turret and the harrier.  Of course, I've had a 5-kill streak like once so far while playing, so god knows if I'll ever get to use any other ones.