News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,593 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2009, 07:21:57 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 17, 2009, 06:47:23 PM
Yeti and IAN, that was some sploogetastic Modern Warfare-ing.  I'm glad I had witnesses for the most retarded round of MW2 I will ever have in my life.  I should have just stopped playing after that game and gone out on top.

I've never seen a round like that.  Outstanding.

Yeti, we need to figure out that connection problem.  It hurts my dong to keep shooting you like that.  Kerm, you could have joined us instead of playing Dragon Princess Warrior or whatever.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 18, 2009, 07:21:57 AM
Yeti and IAN, that was some sploogetastic Modern Warfare-ing.  I'm glad I had witnesses for the most retarded round of MW2 I will ever have in my life.  I should have just stopped playing after that game and gone out on top.

Yeti, we need to figure out that connection problem.  It hurts my dong to keep shooting you like that.  Kerm, you could have joined us instead of playing Dragon Princess Warrior or whatever.

He was probably, I don't know, getting a life.  You guys should try it.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2009, 08:06:01 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 18, 2009, 08:01:39 AM

You missed the part where I said he was playing Dragon Princess Warrior.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »

I enjoyed last night. I had a game later on that was like Weebs' but not quite as impressive. I went 21-0. I think I could have gotten more but our team won the game pretty quickly. Also, about 7-9 of my kills came from a chopper gunner I got from my emergency airdrop.. BTW, when it comes to that Emergency Airdrop, someone pointed out to me that the plan flies in at the same direction you are facing, so plan accordingly.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:53 AM »
Also, one thing I noticed with this game that's pretty nice is that it seems to allow you to earn challenges at tiers you haven't unlocked yet. I unlocked the payback tier yesterday or the day before, and when I went in there to look what there was to do, it showed that I had already completed a couple and was on my way to complete a couple more pretty quick. I'm not sure if it does this for the weapons, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2009, 09:16:01 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 09:08:53 AM
Also, one thing I noticed with this game that's pretty nice is that it seems to allow you to earn challenges at tiers you haven't unlocked yet. I unlocked the payback tier yesterday or the day before, and when I went in there to look what there was to do, it showed that I had already completed a couple and was on my way to complete a couple more pretty quick. I'm not sure if it does this for the weapons, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Did the last game do this for the weapons?  I used to try to pick up an M14 at every chance in the last one so that when I finally unlocked it, I wouldn't have far to go to get the red dot.

My very favorite thing about this game is the way it stores your kill streak bonuses.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 18, 2009, 09:16:01 AM

Did the last game do this for the weapons?  I used to try to pick up an M14 at every chance in the last one so that when I finally unlocked it, I wouldn't have far to go to get the red dot.

My very favorite thing about this game is the way it stores your kill streak bonuses.

I also like that we're the most hated nerds in this dark corner.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 18, 2009, 08:01:39 AM

I wasn't, but thanks for the vote of confidence.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 18, 2009, 09:18:08 AM

I'm working my way up the chain. Got up to level 6 after picking up the game on Monday night. I suck ass, but it's a good old time unless I have the stupid headset on and have to hear these ignorant kids shout insults at no one in particular.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »

I don't think it does this for guns.  I've picked up the P90 and a couple others before I unlocked them, and I'm pretty sure it didn't get me any kills towards the Marksman challenges.  I haven't noticed it giving me points already towards a new set of challenges unlocked, but I'll take a look when I open up the next set.  That would be pretty cool of it does.

And IAN, the killstreak stuff is pretty badass.  I really like the setup I have right now, because it seems like as long as I get to 5 kills, I have a really good shot at getting the chopper gunner.  The Predator Missile is a nice bridge between 5 and 7 because that missile will always take out 1 guy, and sometimes 2.  That gets me to the Harrier at 7, which is usually good for at least 2 or 3 kills.  Then it's an easy 1 or 2 to get to the chopper gunner, which is absolutely badass.  I set that perk up a few days ago, but never got to 11 kills before yesterday.  I got it twice yesterday and the first time, I think I finished 26-7, and the second time was my 37-1 game.  As long as someone on the other team doesn't have rocket launchers, that chopper is unstoppable.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 18, 2009, 09:47:18 AM

I'm working my way up the chain. Got up to level 6 after picking up the game on Monday night. I suck ass, but it's a good old time unless I have the stupid headset on and have to hear these ignorant kids shout insults at no one in particular.

There's 4 types of people you'll hear on that game: 12 year-olds who call you "gay," rednecks who keep talking about the guns, 20-somethings who brag about every single thing they do, and potheads who use the "Joint Ops" title and just talk about how high they are or when they're going to smoke next.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »

I know what you mean.  I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't once you find out which gamertag all the noise is coming from, you can mute them by hitting start, going to the gamertag, then toggling mute on.

You 360 or PS3?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2009, 09:53:26 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 18, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

I know what you mean.  I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't once you find out which gamertag all the noise is coming from, you can mute them by hitting start, going to the gamertag, then toggling mute on.

You 360 or PS3?

I do know that, but when I go in there I'm not moving and probably getting murdered. Oh well.

I'm on 360 - Slaky1980. I'm on your list.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »

Sweet.  I'll play against you instead of the pros in this thread.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 18, 2009, 10:07:49 AM

Sweet.  I'll play against you instead of the pros in this thread.

Yeah, if you see me on we should get into the same match. I don't think I want to play with the guys in here. I play with a dude from work and he's better than me by far but still not as good as these clowns which means it doesn't totally suck. My brothers are the same way - both of them are awesome at this game.

Hang with me Kerm. We can be terrible together.