News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,653 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2009, 12:02:28 AM »
Anyone played that 84 song setlist? If so, how long did it take you?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 21, 2009, 12:02:28 AM

I don't know what the point of that is - that's crazy.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »

I did the 60-whatever setlist from the first one.  It took too damn long, that's for sure.  I think the 84-song setlist is supposed to take around 4.5 hours.
Hire Jim Essian!

missvalerie

• Billy Buckner Fan Club
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »
Ok so I had to replace the drum set to RB2. I was told that it was played too much. Seriously?  How is that possible?  I don't play half as much as most people and I bought different drumsticks that are specially made for elctronic pad drums.  Anyone have any ideas what happened?
"A little full, a lot of sap" ~Chevy Chase

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »
Quote from: missvalerie on March 03, 2009, 08:29:08 PM
Anyone have any ideas what happened?

No.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2009, 07:19:23 AM »
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2009, 10:36:46 AM »
Quote from: missvalerie on March 03, 2009, 08:29:08 PM
Ok so I had to replace the drum set to RB2. I was told that it was played too much. Seriously?  How is that possible?  I don't play half as much as most people and I bought different drumsticks that are specially made for elctronic pad drums.  Anyone have any ideas what happened?

Did you contact EA?  They're pretty good about replacing stuff for free.
Hire Jim Essian!

missvalerie

• Billy Buckner Fan Club
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
I did not Kerm.  But thanks for the heads up.  I just bought a new drum set.  And I got the cymbals this time around as well.
"A little full, a lot of sap" ~Chevy Chase

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »

The Beatles' Rock Band will be released on 9/9/09 (Get it? "Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine).

The game takes players through an "unprecendented experiential progression" of the musical career of the band. (that's from the press release)

You can either buy the software, of the instrument bundle, which comes with instruments modeled after the Beatles' gear (Rick shorty for john, Hofner violin bass for Paul, "Beatles" drum head, that sort of thing).

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 05, 2009, 10:00:08 AM

The Beatles' Rock Band will be released on 9/9/09 (Get it? "Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine).

The game takes players through an "unprecendented experiential progression" of the musical career of the band. (that's from the press release)

You can either buy the software, of the instrument bundle, which comes with instruments modeled after the Beatles' gear (Rick shorty for john, Hofner violin bass for Paul, "Beatles" drum head, that sort of thing).

I am looking forward to this. Hopefully, they will do like Rock Band 2 and allow you to take songs from the previous one(s) and play it on the newer one.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »

I can't wait to play backup violin on "Eleanor Rigby."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:43 AM »

Will the game have exclusively Beatles songs on it?

Also, a reminder that Pearl Jam's Ten comes out for download, with bonus tracks, 3/24. Guitar Hero Metallica comes out on 3/29.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 05, 2009, 10:04:43 AM

Also, a reminder that Pearl Jam's Ten comes out for download, with bonus tracks, 3/24. Guitar Hero Metallica comes out on 3/29.

I cannot wait for Ten.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 05, 2009, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: Slakee on March 05, 2009, 10:04:43 AM

I cannot wait for Ten.

It's going to be fantastic. I'll easily play through the whole thing in one sitting. I'm totally bragging.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2009, 03:21:24 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 23, 2009, 09:29:00 AM

I did the 60-whatever setlist from the first one.  It took too damn long, that's for sure.  I think the 84-song setlist is supposed to take around 4.5 hours.

Well, I did it today. As much of a loser as I am, I did it. I got 4 of my friends over and we set up the guitar, bass, and drums and did some rotating back and forth. The initial intention was to try it without pausing, however, that didn't go so well. During American Woman (song 25-30 range), the bassist accidentally unplugged his guitar (I only have one new one. The other 2 guitars I have are from the original GH). Well I gave him a nice amount of shit about it because I wasn't sure if it would or wouldn't disqualify for the "no pausing" achievement. However, about 30 seconds after we started back up, I fucked it up for sure. I had gotten into a habit of pushing "back" for the Overdrive. So as I tried to push the back, I accidentally pressed pause so i fucked up that possibility. Anyway, I don't think we could have pulled it off because we had a little trouble with Vision. We couldn't pass it on the Guitar too easily. So we had to force our way through by constantly streaming the Overdrive with the drums and bass..

So in short, we started around 4, took a break for 45 minutes to go get some food, failed Visions about 10 times and finished around 12. You can fully put me into homosecksual loser status. I suspect I was already there though.