News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,651 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »
Big day in the world of fake music tomorrow.

Metallica's GH game comes out - one question I have: are all of the tracks masters? I noticed from reading the wiki this weekend that some of the non-Metallica songs (including recent personal fave Mastodon's Blood and Thunder) may not be the real deal. That would really kind of ruin it for me.

Also, Pearl Jam's Ten becomes available for Rock Band download. If you buy PJ's remastered/remixed/reanimated/rewaxed version of Ten at Best Buy in person, you get three bonus downloads that you otherwise won't find including "State of Love and Trust".

Word to your moms.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 23, 2009, 09:07:06 AM

Metallica's GH game comes out - one question I have: are all of the tracks masters? I noticed from reading the wiki this weekend that some of the non-Metallica songs (including recent personal fave Mastodon's Blood and Thunder) may not be the real deal. That would really kind of ruin it for me.

Also, Pearl Jam's Ten becomes available for Rock Band download. If you buy PJ's remastered/remixed/reanimated/rewaxed version of Ten at Best Buy in person, you get three bonus downloads that you otherwise won't find including "State of Love and Trust".

Word to your moms.

I was NOT aware of this, dude.  Thanks.  "State of Love and Trust" is J-Kerm's favorite PJ song.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 23, 2009, 10:00:58 AM

Word to your moms.

I was NOT aware of this, dude.  Thanks.  "State of Love and Trust" is J-Kerm's favorite PJ song.

Your wife is awesome.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 23, 2009, 10:22:35 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 23, 2009, 10:00:58 AM

Word to your moms.

Your wife is awesome.

She reigns it in by watching The Hills.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »
Has anyone tried the Pearl Jam songs?  A lot of them are sneaky hard on Expert.  Toward the end, there's always a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs that are difficult to get through.  That doesn't make them NOT the shit, but they're definitely tough.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 26, 2009, 01:11:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Pearl Jam songs?  A lot of them are sneaky hard on Expert.  Toward the end, there's always a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs that are difficult to get through.  That doesn't make them NOT the shit, but they're definitely tough.
Expert?  I can't get past Band on the Run on Hard.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »

Sneaky hard on expert? Expert is fucking ridiculous.

I found them pretty tough (not fail tough, but tough) on Hard. Which is good - the biggest problem with Even Flow in GHIII was that it was so easy it wasn't even fun. They made these songs harder for sure.

I also want to add that I am a fucking awful fake drummer. I can't drum when I go past medium.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2009, 01:31:23 PM »

Why don't you guys pick up an actual instrument? It isn't any harder than these games.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2009, 01:38:26 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 01:23:22 PM

Sneaky hard on expert? Expert is fucking ridiculous.

I found them pretty tough (not fail tough, but tough) on Hard. Which is good - the biggest problem with Even Flow in GHIII was that it was so easy it wasn't even fun. They made these songs harder for sure.

I also want to add that I am a fucking awful fake drummer. I can't drum when I go past medium.

By "sneaky hard," I just meant that the first 80% of the song is usually doable.  Then, there's a wall of notes that come pouring down the screen to break my fingers.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 01:31:23 PM

Why don't you guys pick up an actual instrument? It isn't any harder than these games.

Someone once said a similar thing to me about Madden.  To make a long story short, I was in traction for 18 months.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »

I have two real guitars at home. I like to do both. When I pick up my real guitar I am bad. Yes, I took lessons for year and I will hopefully pick them back up.

I'm jealous as hell of people that can play cool shit on real instruments.

As far as fake drums go - I don't think my neighbors would be thrilled if I bought a drum set and moved into my place. The fake drums are pretty fun and the skill set is somewhat similar.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 01:43:31 PM

I have two real guitars at home. I like to do both. When I pick up my real guitar I am bad. Yes, I took lessons for year and I will hopefully pick them back up.

As far as fake drums go - I don't think my neighbors would be thrilled if I bought a drum set and moved into my place. The fake drums are pretty fun and the skill set is somewhat similar.

Yeah, "they" say that playing the plastic drums translates better than anything else to actually playing.
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »

Electric drumsets are actually pretty cool, and are less loud than the rock band ones. I really suck at guitar hero. Too much going on for me. Wasn't very good playing tab or taking guitar lessons either. Too hard to translate in my head and put my fingers in certain spots I suppose.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 01:52:51 PM

Electric drumsets are actually pretty cool, and are less loud than the rock band ones. I really suck at guitar hero. Too much going on for me. Wasn't very good playing tab or taking guitar lessons either. Too hard to translate in my head and put my fingers in certain spots I suppose.

Self taught? You must have the patience of a saint.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 03:23:16 PM
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 01:52:51 PM

Self taught? You must have the patience of a saint.

Nah. Once you learn 4-5 chords you can play 90% of the punk songs I used to like.. just took time to get the strumming, finger changes down... that just took practice.