News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,650 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 03:37:21 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 03:23:16 PM
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 01:52:51 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 01:43:31 PM
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 26, 2009, 01:11:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Pearl Jam songs?  A lot of them are sneaky hard on Expert.  Toward the end, there's always a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs that are difficult to get through.  That doesn't make them NOT the shit, but they're definitely tough.

Why don't you guys pick up an actual instrument? It isn't any harder than these games.

I have two real guitars at home. I like to do both. When I pick up my real guitar I am bad. Yes, I took lessons for year and I will hopefully pick them back up.

I'm jealous as hell of people that can play cool shit on real instruments.

As far as fake drums go - I don't think my neighbors would be thrilled if I bought a drum set and moved into my place. The fake drums are pretty fun and the skill set is somewhat similar.

Electric drumsets are actually pretty cool, and are less loud than the rock band ones. I really suck at guitar hero. Too much going on for me. Wasn't very good playing tab or taking guitar lessons either. Too hard to translate in my head and put my fingers in certain spots I suppose.

Self taught? You must have the patience of a saint.

Nah. Once you learn 4-5 chords you can play 90% of the punk songs I used to like.. just took time to get the strumming, finger changes down... that just took practice.

I've got most of the chords down and a lot of finger changing and strumming patterns. I guess I'm ok at guitar then?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:02 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 03:43:44 PM
Has anyone tried the Pearl Jam songs?  A lot of them are sneaky hard on Expert.  Toward the end, there's always a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs that are difficult to get through.  That doesn't make them NOT the shit, but they're definitely tough.

Why don't you guys pick up an actual instrument? It isn't any harder than these games.

I have two real guitars at home. I like to do both. When I pick up my real guitar I am bad. Yes, I took lessons for year and I will hopefully pick them back up.

As far as fake drums go - I don't think my neighbors would be thrilled if I bought a drum set and moved into my place. The fake drums are pretty fun and the skill set is somewhat similar.

Electric drumsets are actually pretty cool, and are less loud than the rock band ones. I really suck at guitar hero. Too much going on for me. Wasn't very good playing tab or taking guitar lessons either. Too hard to translate in my head and put my fingers in certain spots I suppose.

Nah. Once you learn 4-5 chords you can play 90% of the punk songs I used to like.. just took time to get the strumming, finger changes down... that just took practice.

I've got most of the chords down and a lot of finger changing and strumming patterns. I guess I'm ok at guitar then?

You could definitely play in nickelback. Or CT's favorite band.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 03:45:02 PM

You think I could play in Bon Jovi?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2009, 05:05:28 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 05:02:38 PM

Was thinking about Theory of a Deadman. But your answer could be correct. I'd also like to add Hall and Oates and Kenny G into the mix. I know 38 Special is hockeenight.com's featured houseband.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 26, 2009, 05:05:28 PM

Was thinking about Theory of a Deadman. But your answer could be correct. I'd also like to add Hall and Oates and Kenny G into the mix. I know 38 Special is hockeenight.com's featured houseband.

He "likes" Theory of a Deadman out of spite. He LOATHES Bon Jovi for realz.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 26, 2009, 05:18:25 PM

Did you hear the story why he hates Bon Jovi? He claims they stole his idea for the song Livin' on a Prayer, the only change they made were the names "Gina" and "Tommy".

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 23, 2009, 09:07:06 AM
Big day in the world of fake music tomorrow.

Metallica's GH game comes out - one question I have: are all of the tracks masters? I noticed from reading the wiki this weekend that some of the non-Metallica songs (including recent personal fave Mastodon's Blood and Thunder) may not be the real deal. That would really kind of ruin it for me.

Also, Pearl Jam's Ten becomes available for Rock Band download. If you buy PJ's remastered/remixed/reanimated/rewaxed version of Ten at Best Buy in person, you get three bonus downloads that you otherwise won't find including "State of Love and Trust".

Word to your moms.

Bought the deluxe edition today... I didn't see anything in there about the downloads

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2009, 07:41:08 PM »

I'm impressed you remembered.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:45 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 26, 2009, 06:33:26 PM

Metallica's GH game comes out - one question I have: are all of the tracks masters? I noticed from reading the wiki this weekend that some of the non-Metallica songs (including recent personal fave Mastodon's Blood and Thunder) may not be the real deal. That would really kind of ruin it for me.

Also, Pearl Jam's Ten becomes available for Rock Band download. If you buy PJ's remastered/remixed/reanimated/rewaxed version of Ten at Best Buy in person, you get three bonus downloads that you otherwise won't find including "State of Love and Trust".

Word to your moms.

Bought the deluxe edition today... I didn't see anything in there about the downloads

Did you buy it from Best Buy?
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 27, 2009, 09:51:45 AM

Word to your moms.

Yea. I kind of expected something to be on the cover about it, but there wasn't anything. I asked one of the guys in the Media department, and he told me it should be in there. The only one that supposedly didn't have the extra downloads was the regular $15 dollar 2-cd one. I'm debating on whether or not I want to go back in there and exchange it in hopes of getting them from a different packaging.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2009, 10:05:30 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 27, 2009, 10:04:06 AM

Word to your moms.

Yea. I kind of expected something to be on the cover about it, but there wasn't anything. I asked one of the guys in the Media department, and he told me it should be in there. The only one that supposedly didn't have the extra downloads was the regular $15 dollar 2-cd one. I'm debating on whether or not I want to go back in there and exchange it in hopes of getting them from a different packaging.

So, to be clear, did you buy the $37 one (marked down to $27, I think)?  That's the one I got, and there was a glossy sheet in there with a code on it.  Maybe you ate it?
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 26, 2009, 07:41:08 PM

I'm impressed you remembered.

CT never had his world rocked by a big-haired Bon Jovi chick reeking of Michelob Light and Newports. It would have changed his life.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 27, 2009, 10:05:30 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 27, 2009, 10:04:06 AM

Word to your moms.

So, to be clear, did you buy the $37 one (marked down to $27, I think)?  That's the one I got, and there was a glossy sheet in there with a code on it.  Maybe you ate it?

Yes. That's the one I got. There was a sheet in there giving credit to the people who took the pictures in there but not a Rock Band thing. I'll probably take it in there tomorrow. I'll also drop by there today since it's on the way home and double check with someone else. Maybe in podunk Springfield IL, they don't think we deserve the extra RB songs

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
This is going to be awesome.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 16, 2009, 12:30:47 PM
This is going to be awesome.

I think it's cool that you'll be allowed to use two mics and harmonize like the Beatles, but unfortunately I think a lot of their songs will be kind of boring to play.  At least some of the older stuff.