News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,630 )

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 10:50:34 AM
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 10:40:29 AM
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but if you don't have Rock Band 2 or just want to pick up some type of music game, Game Stop is having a really good sale.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/umbs/

Wow.  That's a steal.

I'm debating ordering a rock band 2 bundle just for the wireless guitar and then taking everything else back to game stop to trade it in since the one by  me has been giving an extra 30% trade in value on everything for the last month and doesn't seem to be stopping that deal since they don't want to take down the banner they hung outside.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 10:54:11 AM
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but if you don't have Rock Band 2 or just want to pick up some type of music game, Game Stop is having a really good sale.

Wow.  That's a steal.

I'm debating ordering a rock band 2 bundle just for the wireless guitar and then taking everything else back to game stop to trade it in since the one by  me has been giving an extra 30% trade in value on everything for the last month and doesn't seem to be stopping that deal since they don't want to take down the banner they hung outside.

That's along the lines of what I was about to ask. I'm still using an old GHIII wireless guitar and it's getting a little broken. I want to get a new RB2 guitar but I don't want to pay 70 bucks. I need a mic too - anyone know of a decent cheap one?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 10:56:47 AM

Wow.  That's a steal.

That's along the lines of what I was about to ask. I'm still using an old GHIII wireless guitar and it's getting a little broken. I want to get a new RB2 guitar but I don't want to pay 70 bucks. I need a mic too - anyone know of a decent cheap one?

Just get a used mic at just about any game stop for $10.  The used wireless guitars are about $25 I think, but it's hard to find the rock band ones in decent condition.  I don't like the guitar hero ones as much.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2009, 11:01:43 AM »
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 10:58:20 AM

Wow.  That's a steal.

Just get a used mic at just about any game stop for $10.  The used wireless guitars are about $25 I think, but it's hard to find the rock band ones in decent condition.  I don't like the guitar hero ones as much.

Nice - I'll try that. A friend of mine got the cymbal add on - which I think is fun because it makes the cymbal noises when you hit them in warm ups, but I think it gets in the way. Yes, I realize I sound like a complete cocklunch when I write shit like this.

Kerm, that reminds me - are you able to play and dominate on expert drums and guitar? If so....how?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 11:01:43 AM

Wow.  That's a steal.

Nice - I'll try that. A friend of mine got the cymbal add on - which I think is fun because it makes the cymbal noises when you hit them in warm ups, but I think it gets in the way. Yes, I realize I sound like a complete cocklunch when I write shit like this.

Kerm, that reminds me - are you able to play and dominate on expert drums and guitar? If so....how?

Not at all on drums (well, maybe the VERY easy songs).  I usually play drums on Hard.  For guitar, I can play a lot of the songs on Expert (but definitely can't dominate them).  When it gets to the harder-tiered songs, though, I'm terrible.  I can't hammer-on and pull-off well, so songs with a lot of those sequences baffle me.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 11:03:53 AM

Wow.  That's a steal.

Not at all on drums (well, maybe the VERY easy songs).  I usually play drums on Hard.  For guitar, I can play a lot of the songs on Expert (but definitely can't dominate them).  When it gets to the harder-tiered songs, though, I'm terrible.  I can't hammer-on and pull-off well, so songs with a lot of those sequences baffle me.

OK, sounds like we're pretty similar then - I noticed you had some of those perfect achievements, which I can't even be bothered with attempting.

I play guitar on hard with the rare failure (Bodhisattva got me the other day at the end) and I try drums on hard for everything. I can beat most 4 star and lower drums songs and some 5 stars on hard - but most of the 5 star and especially the devil horned ones kill me. I find you really need to practice those tricky ones if you want to beat them.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 11:27:38 AM

Wow.  That's a steal.

OK, sounds like we're pretty similar then - I noticed you had some of those perfect achievements, which I can't even be bothered with attempting.

I play guitar on hard with the rare failure (Bodhisattva got me the other day at the end) and I try drums on hard for everything. I can beat most 4 star and lower drums songs and some 5 stars on hard - but most of the 5 star and especially the devil horned ones kill me. I find you really need to practice those tricky ones if you want to beat them.

The off beat kick drum hits are what kill me on hard.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 12:19:59 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 11:27:38 AM

Wow.  That's a steal.

Generally that's what fucks me too, but only when they come in short bursts. If they're sustained throughout the song they're no problem. It's usually the breakdowns that kill me near the end of certain songs. Like I can get through 95% of Sea and Sand and the ending destroys me every time. I will master it - oh yes.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 12:28:13 PM

Generally that's what fucks me too, but only when they come in short bursts. If they're sustained throughout the song they're no problem. It's usually the breakdowns that kill me near the end of certain songs. Like I can get through 95% of Sea and Sand and the ending destroys me every time. I will master it - oh yes.

Can you get "Good Times, Bad Times"? That has the greatest single-bass-drum work in the history of ever (As great as Moon was, everything he did was with a double bass drum)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2009, 12:39:36 PM

Can you get "Good Times, Bad Times"? That has the greatest single-bass-drum work in the history of ever (As great as Moon was, everything he did was with a double bass drum)

No Zep in any Rock Band or Guitar Hero game....yet.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 01:27:34 PM

Given their history of reluctancy to license anything to anyone, I just don't see this happening unless it's Beatles like deal. Same goes for Pink Floyd I'd think.

It would be so fucking awesome to get those bands in these games.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 01:31:47 PM

Given their history of reluctancy to license anything to anyone, I just don't see this happening unless it's Beatles like deal. Same goes for Pink Floyd I'd think.

I don't think Pink Floyd would really work besides a few choice cuts in these games.  Zeppelin would be outstanding of course, but who knows if they'd really want to do this.  The bubble on these games might burst after the Beatles Rock Band comes out. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 01:36:30 PM

I don't think Pink Floyd would really work besides a few choice cuts in these games.  Zeppelin would be outstanding of course, but who knows if they'd really want to do this.  The bubble on these games might burst after the Beatles Rock Band comes out. 

Zeppelin beat the Beatles to iTunes by years. I'd think they'd try to be out in front of them on this also...

Tell me this - what would be more bad-ass than a Zeppelin Rock Band bundle with a double-neck SG?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2009, 01:44:40 PM

Zeppelin beat the Beatles to iTunes by years. I'd think they'd try to be out in front of them on this also...

Tell me this - what would be more bad-ass than a Zeppelin Rock Band bundle with a double-neck SG?

Interactive Beatles Rooftop concert outfits, sideburns, mustaches, and beards.

I would also settle for interactive Sgt. Peppers outifts.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2009, 02:20:26 PM »

As long as they keep releasing weekly content for the next year or so, I'll be fine. I'm not sick of listening to music and I won't get sick of pounding on shitty plastic drum kit either. It's way too much fun and it's great for a cheap night of boozing with a few friends.

What I heard, besides the Beatles game, is that Rock Band 3 isn't something we should be expecting anytime in 2009 and probably not until mid-late 2010 at the earliest. I think that's an excellent move.

Meanwhile Guitar Hero 5 is already on the horizon. Meh.