News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,635 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2009, 03:24:53 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 11:27:38 AM
OK, sounds like we're pretty similar then - I noticed you had some of those perfect achievements, which I can't even be bothered with attempting.

I play guitar on hard with the rare failure (Bodhisattva got me the other day at the end) and I try drums on hard for everything. I can beat most 4 star and lower drums songs and some 5 stars on hard - but most of the 5 star and especially the devil horned ones kill me. I find you really need to practice those tricky ones if you want to beat them.

VOCALS: Any Beastie Boys.  You don't even have to use real words.
GUITAR/DRUMS: "Charlene" by Stephen and the Colberts.  It's insanely easy, and it's only about 75 seconds long, so if you fuck up you won't be pissed if you have to restart.

I'm an achievement points whore, though.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 02:20:26 PM
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 01:36:30 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2009, 12:39:36 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 09, 2009, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 12:19:59 PM

The off beat kick drum hits are what kill me on hard.

Generally that's what fucks me too, but only when they come in short bursts. If they're sustained throughout the song they're no problem. It's usually the breakdowns that kill me near the end of certain songs. Like I can get through 95% of Sea and Sand and the ending destroys me every time. I will master it - oh yes.

Can you get "Good Times, Bad Times"? That has the greatest single-bass-drum work in the history of ever (As great as Moon was, everything he did was with a double bass drum)

No Zep in any Rock Band or Guitar Hero game....yet.

Given their history of reluctancy to license anything to anyone, I just don't see this happening unless it's Beatles like deal. Same goes for Pink Floyd I'd think.

It would be so fucking awesome to get those bands in these games.

I don't think Pink Floyd would really work besides a few choice cuts in these games.  Zeppelin would be outstanding of course, but who knows if they'd really want to do this.  The bubble on these games might burst after the Beatles Rock Band comes out. 

As long as they keep releasing weekly content for the next year or so, I'll be fine. I'm not sick of listening to music and I won't get sick of pounding on shitty plastic drum kit either. It's way too much fun and it's great for a cheap night of boozing with a few friends.

What I heard, besides the Beatles game, is that Rock Band 3 isn't something we should be expecting anytime in 2009 and probably not until mid-late 2010 at the earliest. I think that's an excellent move.

Meanwhile Guitar Hero 5 is already on the horizon. Meh.

I agree. Rock Band is a nice thing for a group of people to do. I had some people over last Saturday. Around 15-20 and some were in the garage drinking and playing beer pong. The others were inside playing Rock Band. It's good entertainment.

I haven't been staying on top of the new content, as the last I remember and downloaded, was the Toby Keith pack, but it's a nice refresher to know that you don't always have to play the same songs over and over.

On a side note, I played the live version of Let There Be Rock (the studio version is one of my favorites to play) and that song kicked my ass as well as the drummer's ass. And the ending "play as many notes as you can" was the longest I've seen. The 4 of us got it to 100,000+ points and thankfully we all hit our notes at the end. Midway through, the palm of my hand was sore and red and the keys near the bottom of the controller felt like they were melting off.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 09, 2009, 04:04:53 PM
I agree. Rock Band is a nice thing for a group of people to do. I had some people over last Saturday. Around 15-20 and some were in the garage drinking and playing beer pong. The others were inside playing Rock Band. It's good entertainment.

I haven't been staying on top of the new content, as the last I remember and downloaded, was the Toby Keith pack, but it's a nice refresher to know that you don't always have to play the same songs over and over.

On a side note, I played the live version of Let There Be Rock (the studio version is one of my favorites to play) and that song kicked my ass as well as the drummer's ass. And the ending "play as many notes as you can" was the longest I've seen. The 4 of us got it to 100,000+ points and thankfully we all hit our notes at the end. Midway through, the palm of my hand was sore and red and the keys near the bottom of the controller felt like they were melting off.

They better have been using some goddamn paddles.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 04:13:56 PM

I miss these:

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »

You're dead to me.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 09, 2009, 04:13:56 PM

Eff that.

Quote from: Poon on June 09, 2009, 04:45:21 PM

You're dead to me.

This shit happens when you live in Bumfuck, IL

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »
Iron Maiden is now downloading. This is going to be sick.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2009, 08:58:40 AM »
Stopped by Disc Replay and picked up a super nerdly Guitar Hero wireless Les Paul with super awesome Kiss graphics all over it for $15.  Yays.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
So, I was playing Rock Band tonight. Doing some Tug of War online. I had to play Let There Be Rock (Live). I was beating the guy pretty good throughout. We got to the end where it does the make a bunch of noise for 3 hours. The bar was fully on my side at the start. I also made noise at a higher pace than he did. It said I had 47000 when the bonus part was done and he had 35000. We both hit our notes and it for some reason gave him a blowout win. Anyone heard of it doing this? Basically stealing a win away from you?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »
Spinal Tap.  Awesome.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2009, 01:57:22 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 15, 2009, 01:54:29 PM
Spinal Tap.  Awesome.

I don't know - those Evanescence songs sound awfully fun.

/puke

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 15, 2009, 01:57:22 PM
Spinal Tap.  Awesome.

/puke

Slak never calls me when he's sober.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2009, 02:43:56 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 15, 2009, 02:07:08 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 15, 2009, 01:57:22 PM
Spinal Tap.  Awesome.

/puke

Slak never calls me when he's sober.

That's because he's a naughty one.  Saucy Slak.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:40 PM »
If you download songs and have a system crash, can you get the songs back for free?  Is there a registration process or something?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 15, 2009, 02:53:40 PM
If you download songs and have a system crash, can you get the songs back for free?  Is there a registration process or something?

I don't know about an entire system crashing.  I know the store keeps track of what songs you've downloaded, so you can download them again, but I don't know if that's stored online or just locally on your system.  I'm assuming there wouldn't be a problem getting them all back in the event of an entire system crash.