News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread  ( 130,726 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
BUMP

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 04, 2014, 12:57:18 PM
BUMP

He's got two to three months to be ROY, MVP, and World Series MVP.  It's gonna hai.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »
Considering how he needed a couple hundred PAs in Iowa to adjust, giving him a couple hundred in the NL is a damn fine idea. Now in 2015 he can hit the ground running.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 04, 2014, 02:20:40 PM
Considering how he needed a couple hundred PAs in Iowa to adjust, giving him a couple hundred in the NL is a damn fine idea. Now in 2015 he can hit the ground running.

Look, I don't know how to say it, but I totally agree with Fork.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 04, 2014, 02:22:28 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 04, 2014, 02:20:40 PM

Look, I don't know how to say it, but I totally agree with Fork.

I understand what each of those words mean individually, but together they make no sense...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »
I like that he's being called up against Colorado so he can have five MLB homers before Friday.  Minimum.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2014, 06:09:24 PM »
DPD.  I also like that Al's primary concern as soon as we learned Baez is coming up is WHO GETS SENT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM????  He would like Chris Rusin or Blake Parker demoted "to at last get rid of the over-large eight-man bullpen," which, uh, okay.  Priorities, people.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
TPD!!!! I expect Baez to mash in Colorado, suck ass the rest of August, then put it together in September to the tune of, let's say, .240/.310/.500. Double-digit homers are completely possible if not, dare I say, likely. Where would you put the over-under?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 04, 2014, 10:54:07 PM
TPD!!!! I expect Baez to mash in Colorado, suck ass the rest of August, then put it together in September to the tune of, let's say, .240/.310/.500. Double-digit homers are completely possible if not, dare I say, likely. Where would you put the over-under?

I think it'll be uglier than that. It's gonna look ugly, but that's ok

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2014, 08:52:02 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 04, 2014, 06:09:24 PM
DPD.  I also like that Al's primary concern as soon as we learned Baez is coming up is WHO GETS SENT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM????  He would like Chris Rusin or Blake Parker demoted "to at last get rid of the over-large eight-man bullpen," which, uh, okay.  Priorities, people.

After years of bitching and moaning about The Plan, Alvin's getting ready to jump to the front of the parade.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
I can't believe I have to wait six more hours to watch this fucking game.

This is like that day that Obi Wan was all, "C'mon we gotta go kill the emperor and stuff."

And Luke was all, "Nah, I gotta stay here on the farm and fuck with sand."

And then Luke found his aunt and uncle dead, their smoking carcasses mangled and stinking in the desert. And then it was on. He started owning motherfuckers with a lightsaber for as long as we can tell so far.

What I mean is. SHIT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. The farm, the desert, the century of incompetence, the Goat, Al's queer blog... they're all dead and stinkin' now, octaroons.

COME ON 7:40!!!
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 05, 2014, 01:26:28 PM

This is like that day that Obi Wan was all, "C'mon we gotta go kill the emperor and stuff."

And then Luke found his aunt and uncle dead, their smoking carcasses mangled and stinking in the desert. And then it was on. He started owning motherfuckers with a lightsaber for as long as we can tell so far.

What I mean is. SHIT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. The farm, the desert, the century of incompetence, the Goat, Al's queer blog... they're all dead and stinkin' now, octaroons.

Just for this he's going to go 0-for-5 with 2 GIDPs, 3 strikeouts, and 3 errors.  Way to go.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 05, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Just for this he's going to go 0-for-5 with 2 GIDPs, 3 strikeouts, and 3 errors.  Way to go.

Bro, Luke got his hand cut plumb the fuck off before he saved the galaxy. These things take time.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 05, 2014, 01:52:32 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 05, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Bro, Luke got his hand cut plumb the fuck off before he saved the galaxy. These things take time.

Would they hurry up and add him to the roster already?  I wanna need to be first in line with my shirsey order.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2014, 02:47:34 PM »
DPD. Juddddd Sirottttt tweeted that Baez will wear #9. Get those jerseys and shirseys now, people.