News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza (League Info on page 10)  ( 91,808 )

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »
So, we got Dan who wants an AL and NL league.  Then we got me who wants just one big convoluted mess of a league.  Then we gots Pexaroo who wants dueling roto/H2H leagues.  This oughta be cookie-cutter simple to figure out, eh?

Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2008, 03:22:00 PM
And, someone besides me try to convince Moran Mike D to play.  He'll give you excuses, but don't take 'no' for an answer.

Oh, believe you me, I have grilled and plan on grilling that moran definitely a few times about this league.  I think I said before in a now-deleted thread -- this is The League of Leagues we're talking about here!

like an ameba
And what the hell happened to the spell-check.

What the fuck, Oleg.  What the fuck!
</jesterkidding>
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »
And, someone besides me try to convince Moran Mike D to play.  He'll give you excuses, but don't take 'no' for an answer.

Fuck that.  I've said it before--but I can only concentrate on one league at a time.  I just like to stop by and offer up my bullshit, free of charge.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 03:47:39 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on January 21, 2008, 02:59:18 PM
We have enough for a roto league and a H2H league. Let's just do that.

Scared of the depth?  That's not the SSM way.  We fear nothing.  It's gonna be H2H anyway, right?  With this many people, that's the only way to keep it consistently interesting, I think.  It's a keeper league and everything, but, if someone's in the bottom third of a roto league, then they'll probably just get their keepers and concentrate on the cubs world series run.  The only discussion should be what categories to include.

Also, I don't think we could split 'em up into NL-only and AL-only, logistically speaking.  What about when someone gets traded to other league?  How would that affect the keeper situation for that team?  It seems a little complicated.  I think it should be all players for everyone and just divide the fantasy league into divisions.  We can wait and see which provider has the best system for that when they open up.

Commissioner?  I don't know.  BC really wants to do it and he's got the time.  His Commissioner Notes would be legendaryepicvery long and boring.  MikeC's a good commish.  Dan's a good commish, but he cheated in his ESPN league last year.  He'll deny it, but who ya gonna believe?  BK can vouch with me on it.  That's 2 against 1.  SD starts up a lot these things and he is very self-aware.  Personally, I think the commissioner should be whoever takes the time to make up the league and get the settings right.  I'm just guessin', but I bet that'll be SD.  Or ThrillhoCornfed. 

Or BC.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on January 21, 2008, 03:38:13 PM

Fuck that.  I've said it before--but I can only concentrate on one league at a time.  I just like to stop by and offer up my bullshit, free of charge.

Just as Oleg says, an excuse!  I mean, come on, my man.  If you can only concentrate on one league at a time, there would be no other league worthy of such concentration.  This is The League of Leagues, only for The Men of Men, to crown The Champion of Champions.  All other fantasy sports leagues, they ain't SNUFF compared to this. 

I see your "no" answer, but like Oleg says, we don't have to take it.  No, we ain't gonna take it!  We're not going to take it, anymore.

Quote from: Three times a JD on January 21, 2008, 03:47:39 PM
Commissioner?  I don't know.  BC really wants to do it and he's got the time.  His Commissioner Notes would be legendaryepicvery long and boring.  MikeC's a good commish.  Dan's a good commish, but he cheated in his ESPN league last year.  He'll deny it, but who ya gonna believe?  BK can vouch with me on it.  That's 2 against 1.  SD starts up a lot these things and he is very self-aware.  Personally, I think the commissioner should be whoever takes the time to make up the league and get the settings right.  I'm just guessin', but I bet that'll be SD.  Or ThrillhoCornfed. 

Or BC.

I'd be glad to take up the mantle of commish but it would be irresponsible of me to do so until I get this move finalized (Feb 1st give or take a few days).  Plus I would have to recommend Andy for the job first, and if he refused, I would have to receive his blessings for it.  I think Andy would prefer to have me get jumpkicked in the teeth by a moose rather than run a league with the Desipio name.  If he's down, then I'm down.  I would like to tab JD as a co-conspirator commish though cause he is the voice of the people.

As far as what JD says about the other stuff, I'm down with that too.  Let's get this ball a rollin'!
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
Quote from: Simmer on January 21, 2008, 06:49:59 PM

Just as Oleg says, an excuse!  I mean, come on, my man.  If you can only concentrate on one league at a time, there would be no other league worthy of such concentration.  This is The League of Leagues, only for The Men of Men, to crown The Champion of Champions.  All other fantasy sports leagues, they ain't SNUFF compared to this. 

I see your "no" answer, but like Oleg says, we don't have to take it.  No, we ain't gonna take it!  We're not going to take it, anymore.

Or BC.

I'd be glad to take up the mantle of commish but it would be irresponsible of me to do so until I get this move finalized (Feb 1st give or take a few days).  Plus I would have to recommend Andy for the job first, and if he refused, I would have to receive his blessings for it.  I think Andy would prefer to have me get jumpkicked in the teeth by a moose rather than run a league with the Desipio name.  If he's down, then I'm down.  I would like to tab JD as a co-conspirator commish though cause he is the voice of the people.

As far as what JD says about the other stuff, I'm down with that too.  Let's get this ball a rollin'!

If Andy won't let you use the Desipio name you can always run with the SSM title. We'd have to bring it before the board of course, but you'd just need a simple majority of the 12 of us and then you're golden.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »

Or BC.

If nominated as Desipio Keeper League commissioner I will not run, if elected I will not serve.  But yeah, you can use the name.  As long as I'm in the damn thing.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
Quote from: Andy on January 21, 2008, 07:14:20 PM

Or BC.

If nominated as Desipio Keeper League commissioner I will not run, if elected I will not serve.  But yeah, you can use the name.  As long as I'm in the damn thing.

Cool.  So you'll supply a HWFC tshirt for the Desipio Fantasy Baseball League Champion.  Excellent.  I was afraid it was gonna have to be the SSM League and SSM, Inc. would have to supply someone with a lifesize sex scorpion.  This is much safer, for sure.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on January 21, 2008, 07:19:08 PM

Or BC.

Cool.  So you'll supply a HWFC tshirt for the Desipio Fantasy Baseball League Champion.  Excellent.  I was afraid it was gonna have to be the SSM League and SSM, Inc. would have to supply someone with a lifesize sex scorpion.  This is much safer, for sure.

That reminds me.  I believe I won the SSM NCAA Pool this past year, and I still haven't gotten my HWFC shirt.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:25 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on January 21, 2008, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: Three times a JD on January 21, 2008, 07:19:08 PM

Or BC.

That reminds me.  I believe I won the SSM NCAA Pool this past year, and I still haven't gotten my HWFC shirt.

Oy, I think about that often. It will be remedied at some point. I promise.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
I'm in.  You can call me 'Crazy Aunt Martha' or 'Pittsburgh Diving Champion' or whatever you want...

As long as you're calling me 'winner' at the end.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
I'm still in, y'all.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 01:17:31 PM »

Commissioner?  I don't know.  BC really wants to do it and he's got the time. His Commissioner Notes would be legendary epic very long and boring.  MikeC's a good commish.  Dan's a good commish, but he cheated in his ESPN league last year.  He'll deny it, but who ya gonna believe?  BK can vouch with me on it.  That's 2 against 1.  SD starts up a lot these things and he is very self-aware.  Personally, I think the commissioner should be whoever takes the time to make up the league and get the settings right.  I'm just guessin', but I bet that'll be SD.  Or ThrillhoCornfed. 

Or BC.

Scratch me from consideration for Commissioner. I have been hired for a full-time radio position, and I start in a couple weeks.

I will still particpate in the league, I have my heart set on winning.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 22, 2008, 01:17:31 PM
I have been hired for a full-time radio position, and I start in a couple weeks.

Bear in mind: Turkeys can't fly.
+=

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »
I have been hired for a full-time radio position, and I start in a couple weeks.
Hot Dog Boy is no longer the worst radio show on the planet.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »

Commissioner?  I don't know.  BC really wants to do it and he's got the time. His Commissioner Notes would be legendary epic very long and boring.  MikeC's a good commish.  Dan's a good commish, but he cheated in his ESPN league last year.  He'll deny it, but who ya gonna believe?  BK can vouch with me on it.  That's 2 against 1.  SD starts up a lot these things and he is very self-aware.  Personally, I think the commissioner should be whoever takes the time to make up the league and get the settings right.  I'm just guessin', but I bet that'll be SD.  Or ThrillhoCornfed. 

Or BC.

Scratch me from consideration for Commissioner. I have been hired for a full-time radio position, and I start in a couple weeks.

I will still particpate in the league, I have my heart set on winning.

Where at?  I need to know which stock to sell.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all