News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza (League Info on page 10)  ( 91,828 )

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza (League Info on page 10)
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2008, 10:15:03 AM »
So... Who's going to be the one to pull the trigger on SAM FULD (tm)?

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on February 14, 2008, 09:48:51 AM
I've been monitoring Google News for obits from Wisconsin. Nobody named Simmer Down has been reported dead--yet.

Wasn't he driving shit between there and Iowa, though?

Maybe he gave up the ghost in the Hawkeye State (which, to be honest, is a hell of a way to have to go).

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2008, 10:42:16 AM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on February 14, 2008, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on February 14, 2008, 09:48:51 AM
I've been monitoring Google News for obits from Wisconsin. Nobody named Simmer Down has been reported dead--yet.

Wasn't he driving shit between there and Iowa, though?

Maybe he gave up the ghost in the Hawkeye State (which, to be honest, is a hell of a way to have to go).

He lives in Wisconsin. I imagine the obit would be published there.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
I guarantee you the Sim-Meister is just fine. That's one of the toughest SOB's I've never met, right there.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 14, 2008, 10:44:59 AM
I guarantee you the Sim-Meister is just fine. That's one of the toughest SOB's I've never met, right there.

where?

Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2008, 02:38:57 PM »
Quote from: Dan on February 14, 2008, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 14, 2008, 10:44:59 AM

where?

Dude, I'm pointing right at it.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
So, have we made a decision on how exactly we are going to work out the keeper element of the individual leagues?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
Quote from: BC on February 15, 2008, 08:42:20 PM
So, have we made a decision on how exactly we are going to work out the keeper element of the individual leagues?

We'll probably decide on a number of keepers and then each team will choose that many players to keep for next year.  Then, next year, those players that they decided to keep will be on their teams again and everyone will draft other players to fill out the rest of their rosters. 

So to speak.  I figured that you'd know how a keeper league worked, BC.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »
I'd say 4-5 keepers is a good number.

Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2008, 10:28:14 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on February 15, 2008, 08:47:13 PM

We'll probably decide on a number of keepers and then each team will choose that many players to keep for next year.  Then, next year, those players that they decided to keep will be on their teams again and everyone will draft other players to fill out the rest of their rosters. 

Let's see how this plays out.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on February 15, 2008, 08:47:13 PM

I knew all of that, JD. What I meant in my question was how exactly it is going to work. For example, in the H2H league, at the end of the season are we going to send you or Andy or somebody else a list of our keepers for next year? And then once it gets to draft time for next season whomever we sent the lists to will e-mail one big list to all the players?

We haven't even decided on a specific number, much less the details on how this is all going to work.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »
Quote from: BC on February 16, 2008, 11:04:04 AM

I knew all of that, JD. What I meant in my question was how exactly it is going to work. For example, in the H2H league, at the end of the season are we going to send you or Andy or somebody else a list of our keepers for next year? And then once it gets to draft time for next season whomever we sent the lists to will e-mail one big list to all the players?

We haven't even decided on a specific number, much less the details on how this is all going to work.

Oh, I did not know, BC.  I did not know you knew all of that.  I guess that we first need to decide on a good number.  I don't see why we have to decide on next year's keepers until a couple weeks before the draft.  Yahoo keeps the end of the year rosters.  We could still allow trading so some people could try to improve their keeper situation.  Or whatever.  That's what I think, anyway.  But, yeah, you should email your keepers to me no matter what we decide.  I'll be in charge of your keepers and my keepers.  I'll be on you like grease on your lunch, BC.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
So?  How many keepers are we gonna have in this league? 
I need to know before the draft because I might wanna take Gabor Bako in the third round only Gabor Bako won't be Gabor Bako but will instead be Matt Wieters.  Then I'll take Kei Igawa(really?) only it won't be Kei Igawa(who died and made him a viable fantasy pick?) but will instead be Yu Darvish.  Then my fantasy dynasty battery will be set in 5 years when they're both in the US and good. 
It all depends on numbers, people.  It's a numbers game at this point.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
I think 5 keepers is way too many for a league of this size.  Five keepers could add up to as many as 90 players that would be off the board for next year.

For this league, I'd recommend 3 per team.  That's just my suggestion. 

And yes, deciding on the number would be a good thing to decide before this year's draft.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:56 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on February 20, 2008, 10:19:12 AM
I think 5 keepers is way too many for a league of this size.  Five keepers could add up to as many as 90 players that would be off the board for next year.

For this league, I'd recommend 3 per team.  That's just my suggestion. 

And yes, deciding on the number would be a good thing to decide before this year's draft.

I wonder if we'll even have the same teams back next year. I mean this is quite a lot managers that have to commit long term to this thing. I'm not saying turnover would be bad. It would potentially dump 9-10 useful players back into the draft pool. I think we should just wait and see how this all plays out.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.