News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza (League Info on page 10)  ( 91,828 )

Brant Brown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
I manage Bob Brenly's Mustache Riders.

Us BBs gotta stick together.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
I must say I like my team. A little short on speed, maybe need one more power hitter, but still I give my draft a solid A-. I definitely think I will be more than competitive against the league. Good luck to all, you'll need it!
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Shit, I thought the draft was tomorrow.  Well, my team sucks balls, oh well, guess it'll be a busy year on the waiver wire.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on March 16, 2008, 04:32:00 PM
I must say I like my team. A little short on speed, maybe need one more power hitter, but still I give my draft a solid A-. I definitely think I will be more than competitive against the league. Good luck to all, you'll need it!

Intrepid Reader: Kenneth Parcell

And I give cookie jars about a B.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I've never done a keeper league and was doing some reading. This is extremely premature, but what's the plan for keeping players? General consensus at the draft-day chatroom appeared to be four players; is that still the plan? And how will it play out in next year's draft? Do we lose the draft pick in the round where we originally selected the player, or do we just throw all nonkept players back in to the pot and redraft as normal?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The way I've done it in the past is that we all pick our four keepers about a week or so before next years draft, then we spend the first four rounds re-drafting our keepers, then the real fun begins with the first pick of the fifth round when everybody who is left is free game.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
It's quite possible that I'm just a douchetard, and the answer is right in front of me.  But will there be a playoff?   

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on March 17, 2008, 01:55:53 PM
The way I've done it in the past is that we all pick our four keepers about a week or so before next years draft, then we spend the first four rounds re-drafting our keepers, then the real fun begins with the first pick of the fifth round when everybody who is left is free game.

Yeah, I think that would be easiest. 

And your team still sucks.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Never mind.  I found it, and I am indeed a douchetard.  A giant one.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Three times a JD on March 17, 2008, 02:56:26 PM

Are you talking to me? Because I know my team sucks. That's why I sent you a trade proposal. Just click accept; there's lots of science involved that I don't want to go in to, but I figured I'd be nice and send you Lucky. Consider it a favor.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 17, 2008, 03:08:08 PM

Are you talking to me? Because I know my team sucks. That's why I sent you a trade proposal. Just click accept; there's lots of science involved that I don't want to go in to, but I figured I'd be nice and send you Lucky. Consider it a favor.

I saw that trade and I really like it.  I'm a little bit afraid that I'd gain too much of an advantage, though.  I gotta crunch some numbers.  FYI, I'm very hesitant to deal my white players. 

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Three times a JD on March 17, 2008, 04:57:46 PM

I saw that trade and I really like it.  I'm a little bit afraid that I'd gain too much of an advantage, though.  I gotta crunch some numbers.  FYI, I'm very hesitant to deal my white players. 

Intrepid Reader: JD

An interesting counterproposal, but I wasn't born yesterday (or even the day after yesterday), Hoss. I like Larry Wayne all well and good, but the guy's a health risk. Injury prone too. Plus, I don't trust pitchers on the Texas Rangers--especially ones with vulgar names. Don't get me wrong; he can hate on Mitch Albom all he wants, but that old codger friend of his was all right. He had Lou Gehrig's disease, darnit. The Japanese have something against the Iron Horse now? Bunch of daggum Cal Ripken lovers.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 17, 2008, 06:03:37 PM

An interesting counterproposal, but I wasn't born yesterday (or even the day after yesterday), Hoss. I like Larry Wayne all well and good, but the guy's a health risk. Injury prone too. Plus, I don't trust pitchers on the Texas Rangers--especially ones with vulgar names. Don't get me wrong; he can hate on Mitch Albom all he wants, but that old codger friend of his was all right. He had Lou Gehrig's disease, darnit. The Japanese have something against the Iron Horse now? Bunch of daggum Cal Ripken lovers.

But I'm trading a white guy.  Think about it.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Three times a JD on March 17, 2008, 06:17:41 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 17, 2008, 06:03:37 PM

You know who else were white guys? Ripken, Hitler, and Paul.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckDickens on March 17, 2008, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: Three times a JD on March 17, 2008, 06:17:41 PM

You know who else were white guys? Ripken, Hitler, and Paul.

None of those guys are on my team, though.  You're getting good stock.