News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jim Memolo Time to be Buyers and Win this Whole Fargin Thing Miracle Thread  ( 9,488 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on July 20, 2010, 09:12:37 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 09:09:20 AM
Quote from: Bort on July 20, 2010, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 09:02:23 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2010, 08:05:12 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 07:47:45 AM
You know, Brownie's threads are great morale boosts for me as a Cub fan this time of year.  The optimism, after beating a decent enough team in the Phillies three out of four, was starting to sneack back into my water head.  The Astros come to town and I think it's completely within the realm of possibility to bash their skulls in for three games.

And then, like the righteous hammer of God, the Cubs go and ball up their nut punching fists and hit me square in the dick-n-balls.

Our Cubbiez are a solid 6-16 against the Pirates, Astros and Mariners. If we can travel back in time and flip that to 16-6, they'll be tied with the Reds for 2nd. It's gonna alternate universe hai!

When it comes down to it, who's fault is that?  Is it the manager's, the players' or just some anomalous happenstance?

Pretty sure it's Obama's fault.

Redistrubiting wins to less fortunate teams.

The Pirates and Astros have really benefited from Obamacare.

And it's proof that everyone loses.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 09:18:57 AM
You know, Brownie's threads are great morale boosts for me as a Cub fan this time of year.  The optimism, after beating a decent enough team in the Phillies three out of four, was starting to sneack back into my water head.  The Astros come to town and I think it's completely within the realm of possibility to bash their skulls in for three games.

And then, like the righteous hammer of God, the Cubs go and ball up their nut punching fists and hit me square in the dick-n-balls.

Our Cubbiez are a solid 6-16 against the Pirates, Astros and Mariners. If we can travel back in time and flip that to 16-6, they'll be tied with the Reds for 2nd. It's gonna alternate universe hai!

When it comes down to it, who's fault is that?  Is it the manager's, the players' or just some anomalous happenstance?

None of this will happen if Rand Paul gets elected.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on July 20, 2010, 09:20:14 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 09:18:57 AM

None of this will happen if Rand Paul gets elected.

Paul-Angle 2012!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
If our Cubbiez can hold this lead, they'll move into a tie with the Brewers. Look out, NL Central!

I really need some optimism to counter the crushing despair that comes with the realization that the Cubs are going to have a dipshit owner for the rest of my adult life. If Aramis gets 7 RBIs every day for the rest of the season, what kind of scenarios can the TJputer offer us?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2010, 10:02:33 PM
If our Cubbiez can hold this lead, they'll move into a tie with the Brewers. Look out, NL Central!

I really need some optimism to counter the crushing despair that comes with the realization that the Cubs are going to have a dipshit owner for the rest of my adult life. If Aramis gets 7 RBIs every day for the rest of the season, what kind of scenarios can the TJputer offer us?

Hey, the Illini start two-a-days in a couple of weeks so you have that to look forward to.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 20, 2010, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2010, 10:02:33 PM

Hey, the Illini start two-a-days in a couple of weeks so you have that to look forward to.

lol burn
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I watched the first couple of innings yesterday to find that the Cubs were being handled by the whitest guy on the Astros, Wesley Wright.  I tuned in a couple hours later to find Aramis is the hottest hitter in beisbol* and the Cubs were hammering Astro pitching.  I'm not going to get all optimistic though.  Nope...I'm not gonna let it hai...

*May or may not actually be true.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 21, 2010, 07:54:03 AM
I watched the first couple of innings yesterday to find that the Cubs were being handled by the whitest guy on the Astros, Wesley Wright.  I tuned in a couple hours later to find Aramis is the hottest hitter in beisbol* and the Cubs were hammering Astro pitching.  I'm not going to get all optimistic though.  Nope...I'm not gonna let it hai...

With an OPS of 1.3 over the month of July I think he probably is.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on July 21, 2010, 07:57:24 AM

He is, with Buster Posey right behind him at 1.333.  Also, Soto is 7th at 1.154.  FYPP, indeed.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on July 21, 2010, 08:39:43 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 21, 2010, 07:57:24 AM

He is, with Buster Posey right behind him at 1.333.  Also, Soto is 7th at 1.154.  FYPP, indeed.

Pee Pee
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
I'm not getting back aboard the positive train until Conductor Slaky assures me that it is safe.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'd just like to see them play good baseball for the rest of the season. Damn the record or the standings. Just put something resembling decent play together for a couple months and I'm in.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 21, 2010, 09:41:24 AM
I'd just like to see them play good baseball for the rest of the season. Damn the record or the standings. Just put something resembling decent play together for a couple months and I'm in.

Apex is saying all the things that I'm thinking.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 21, 2010, 10:20:51 AM
I'd just like to see them play good baseball for the rest of the season. Damn the record or the standings. Just put something resembling decent play together for a couple months and I'm in. Are there any fruits left I haven't had in a beer?

Let's be honest'd.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on July 21, 2010, 10:22:08 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 21, 2010, 10:20:51 AM
I'd just like to see them play good baseball for the rest of the season. Damn the record or the standings. Just put something resembling decent play together for a couple months and I'm in. Are there any fruits left I haven't had in a beer?

Let's be honest'd.

I like fruit beer and I don't care who knows it.  There.