News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 33,179 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2015, 06:38:12 PM »
I was lurking around the Bears subreddit (which you shouldn't do... it's the worst), and apparently this isn't a big deal because the contract didn't have any guaranteed money. Uh... I don't really think the money is the issue.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »

I'm done.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:19 AM »
Wait, we were angry they signed the domestic violence/rape guy and then when he does something again, we're mad at them even though they cut him?

The dude's a shitty person and they shouldn't have signed him, but I feel like anyone who's done with this team was just looking for a reason to declare themselves "over it" because they were getting to the point of being done with the NFL anyway

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 26, 2015, 08:34:19 AM
Wait, we were angry they signed the domestic violence/rape guy and then when he does something again, we're mad at them even though they cut him?

The dude's a shitty person and they shouldn't have signed him, but I feel like anyone who's done with this team was just looking for a reason to declare themselves "over it" because they were getting to the point of being done with the NFL anyway

I've been one foot out the door for a while but this helps get me all the way out. The league is just disgusting at this point. I can't really justify supporting it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 26, 2015, 08:39:20 AM

I've been one foot out the door for a while but this helps get me all the way out. The league is just disgusting at this point. I can't really justify supporting it.

Being any kind of a committed football fan is exhausting because you have to wade through 9000 lbs of shit (ELITE QUARTARBAKZ? FACTORBACKS. DEFLATEGATE, Peter King, etc) every week just to get to gameday, and then if you're a Bears fan the reward on Sunday is usually a massive shit sandwich anyway. It's sure as shit not worth dealing with if you're morally conflicted about it, so fuck 'em all.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »

I think we're still mad about signing him in the first place. Now we're in the "I told you so" phase.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2015, 12:08:29 PM

I think we're still mad about signing him in the first place. Now we're in the "I told you so" phase.

Exactly so. And hopefully I'll soon move on to the "posting the two remaining games I haven't sold from my season tickets on StubHub" phase.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 26, 2015, 12:28:46 PM

Exactly so. And hopefully I'll soon move on to the "posting the two remaining games I haven't sold from my season tickets on StubHub" phase.

oh yea?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 26, 2015, 01:13:21 PM

oh yea?

Yeah. I'm going to look to make some money off these though.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2015, 02:28:56 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 26, 2015, 01:24:55 PM

oh yea?

Thought you were hanging them up.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 26, 2015, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 26, 2015, 01:24:55 PM

oh yea?

Thought you were hanging them up.

I just couldn't do it. Regardless of how I feel about the Bears, this is a family thing, and the tickets are easy to move. I sold six games and I'm hanging onto the Packers and Lions games right now.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2015, 09:16:08 AM »
I don't feel like finding a different NFL thread: http://deadspin.com/buffalo-bills-offensive-line-coach-aaron-kromer-arreste-1717335675

QuoteVictims told deputies Kromer grabbed [the bous's] fishing pole and threw the pole into the water and then pushed one of the boys to the ground and punched him in the face. It was stated Kromer then told the boys to return the chairs to where they found them.

The victim stated Kromer also told him if he reported him to the police he would kill his family.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
Do any of this guy's draft picks play?

Looks like the Bears copied the Cubs, but hired Hendry, not Theo.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 04, 2015, 09:33:50 AM

I'm pretty sure that the Ryan Pace Era is going to suck, but please stop with the baseball/football comparisons. It is pretty much impossible to do what Theo did for the Cubs in the NFL. Just stop it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 04, 2015, 09:42:11 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 04, 2015, 09:33:50 AM

I'm pretty sure that the Ryan Pace Era is going to suck, but please stop with the baseball/football comparisons. It is pretty much impossible to do what Theo did for the Cubs in the NFL. Just stop it.

This.

Also, Hendry's Cubs were never the worst in baseball.