News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2017 Postseason (That Means All Teams Besides the Cubs if You’re An Optoat)  ( 8,996 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 13, 2017, 08:38:15 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 13, 2017, 08:30:28 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 13, 2017, 12:02:55 AM
So....the Nats aren't gonna bring Dusty back, are they?

Or are they?

Well Bryce Harper apparently refused comment when asked about Dusty's situation so I'm guessing he's not his biggest fan. Not even a cursory "we love playing for the guy."

To be fair, he had just struck out to end one of the tensest baseball games ever played.  Might have been upset at everything in a Walgreens Washington uniform in that moment.  I personally think Dusty should get a lifetime extension there.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 13, 2017, 10:23:28 AM

Or are they?

Well Bryce Harper apparently refused comment when asked about Dusty's situation so I'm guessing he's not his biggest fan. Not even a cursory "we love playing for the guy."

To be fair, he had just struck out to end one of the tensest baseball games ever played.  Might have been upset at everything in a Walgreens Washington uniform in that moment.  I personally think Dusty should get a lifetime extension there.

Was the Dusty question after a reporter asked Bryce to preview the Dodgers-Cubs series, break down the matchups, give the fans at home something to look forward to?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Or are they?

I didn't notice that until Ms. Cubbieblue asked me "Isn't that W the Walgreen's logo?"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club

Or are they?

Fuck that. I think the Cardinals should hire him.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 13, 2017, 05:55:08 PM

Or are they?

And replace Matheny? Nonsense. They're both doing great right where they are.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 13, 2017, 11:37:00 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 13, 2017, 05:55:08 PM

Or are they?

And replace Matheny? Nonsense. They're both doing great right where they are.

Yeah.  The aggregate VURD (Value Under Replacement Dipshit) is way lower with Dusty and Metheny where they are.  If Baker were to go to the Tards, he might be replaced by somebody who's not guaranteed to shit the bed at vital moments.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Damn, that was a good baseball game.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2017, 07:57:34 AM

Damn, I thought this was going to be about Dave Roberts' bullpen management.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 26, 2017, 08:14:46 AM

I thought he pulled Rich Hill a bit quickly but otherwise I dunno what else he was supposed to do. If Kenley Jansen closes the door, as he does 99% of the time there, everyone says the Dodgers followed their gameplan and it worked perfectly.

The way the Dodgers lesser relievers immediately coughed up 4 runs in 2 innings after Jansen makes me even more mad about Joe not using Wade in G2 of the NLCS, though. If Wade gets the Cubs into the 10th tied and the Dodgers are forced to use guys  like Fields/McCarthy in extras maybe the Cubs win that game.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2017, 08:19:11 AM

I thought he pulled Rich Hill a bit quickly but otherwise I dunno what else he was supposed to do. If Kenley Jansen closes the door, as he does 99% of the time there, everyone says the Dodgers followed their gameplan and it worked perfectly.

The way the Dodgers lesser relievers immediately coughed up 4 runs in 2 innings after Jansen makes me even more mad about Joe not using Wade in G2 of the NLCS, though. If Wade gets the Cubs into the 10th tied and the Dodgers are forced to use guys  like Fields/McCarthy in extras maybe the Cubs win that game.

You don't think the Ginger Minge (thanks Tonk) doesn't hit the HR against Davis there? Every single break went their way in that series.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 26, 2017, 09:03:15 AM

You don't think the Ginger Minge (thanks Tonk) doesn't hit the HR against Davis there? Every single break went their way in that series.

Probably not? That's still not a defense of Joe's indefensibly stupid decision, but if he'd homered off Wade I definitely wouldn't have blamed Joe for that?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

McCarthy wasn't on the NLCS roster, but their bullpen was definitely due to cough up some runs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 26, 2017, 12:04:14 PM

McCarthy wasn't on the NLCS roster, but their bullpen was definitely due to cough up some runs.

That would have made it easier for the Cubs to beat him.
TIME TO POST!

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
Holy shit that might have been the best non-Cubs/non-Cardinals loss game I've ever seen.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: D. Doluntap on October 30, 2017, 08:06:03 AM
Holy shit that might have been the best non-Cubs/non-Cardinals loss game I've ever seen.

Narrative-wise I will always defend G7 last year as the greatest game in baseball history. In terms of pure insanity though, holy shit, that was the craziest fucking game I've ever seen.