News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,283 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 16, 2011, 05:45:26 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 16, 2011, 05:31:57 PM
This week will be one big Fellatiodgers fest and everyone will pick the Packers.  This is good for the Bears, no? 

It is good for the Bears.

What is frustrating is that I don't really see why "they" are so in love with the Packers. OK, they have a quarterback that acts like he likes reporters. They have a couple name receivers. And they play a "different" defense. They had a worse record than the Bears, the two teams split the regular season matchups... I'm just not seeing it, whatever the heck it is.

They were supposed to be good before the year. Therefore, they must be better, because if they aren't, the media would be wrong.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »
Oh how I would love for the Packers to get another Deserved Win a week from today...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 06:22:23 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on January 16, 2011, 03:46:39 PM
Ripping Cutler won't really work after that performance, so what will be the media storylines for this week?  My guess: RIGHT THAT WRONG

If that asshole has a better than a 2.2 ypc average next week, I'm going to punch Fro's dog.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 05:46:59 PM
They were supposed to be good before the year. Therefore, they must be better, because if they aren't, the media would be wrong.

I think it's that, plus the fact the Packers both scored more and allowed fewer points than the Bears this year.

/buzzkill

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 16, 2011, 10:19:00 PM

I think it's that, plus the fact the Packers both scored more and allowed fewer points than the Bears this year.

/buzzkill

And have both won fewer, and lost more games. I'm not saying points scored/points allowed aren't important, but Green Bay has been terrible in close games for most of this year and, given their lack of a run game, have struggled to score points in games that weren't blowouts, as stupid as that sounds. They blew out the Vikings, the Cowboys in Wade's last game, the Bills in week 2, the 49ers, and the Giants. None of those teams made the playoffs. They averaged 17 PPG in their other 11 games. Their offense is as capable of disappearing entirely as it is of blowing some one out. I also think those stats don't exist in a vacuum, and the media still bases part of their narrative on the play of the pre-bye Bears. Including the playoffs, the Bears have averaged almost 25 PPG, Green Bay in that same time period? 26 PPG. Consider the head-to-head results as well in which they split the series and the Packers merely outscored the Bears 27-23, and I just don't see how Green Bay is the clear favorite.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 10:35:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 10:27:29 PM

/buzzkill

And have both won fewer, and lost more games. I'm not saying points scored/points allowed aren't important, but Green Bay has been terrible in close games for most of this year and, given their lack of a run game, have struggled to score points in games that weren't blowouts, as stupid as that sounds. They blew out the Vikings, the Cowboys in Wade's last game, the Bills in week 2, the 49ers, and the Giants. None of those teams made the playoffs. They averaged 17 PPG in their other 11 games. Their offense is as capable of disappearing entirely as it is of blowing some one out. I also think those stats don't exist in a vacuum, and the media still bases part of their narrative on the play of the pre-bye Bears. Including the playoffs, the Bears have averaged almost 25 PPG, Green Bay in that same time period? 26 PPG. Consider the head-to-head results as well in which they split the series and the Packers merely outscored the Bears 27-23, and I just don't see how Green Bay is the clear favorite.

Fear the spreadsheet.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2011, 10:35:20 PM

/buzzkill

Fear the spreadsheet.

They have no balance outside of one nice game by Starks against a shitty Eagles defense, so their offense is feast or famine based on whether or not Rodgers can have the big play. They had 5 games during the regular season where they score 30 or more points, but also had 3 where they scored 10 or fewer and three more where they failed to get more than 17.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2011, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 16, 2011, 10:35:20 PM

/buzzkill

Fear the spreadsheet.

They have no balance outside of one nice game by Starks against a shitty Eagles defense, so their offense is feast or famine based on whether or not Rodgers can have the big play. They had 5 games during the regular season where they score 30 or more points, but also had 3 where they scored 10 or fewer and three more where they failed to get more than 17.

DPD, but in addition to that, like I said, all of those stats should be a moot fucking point because Green Bay shouldn't be a clear favorite based on the head-to-head results alone. What about a 1-1 split, a loss at Soldier already, and a 4 pt edge in overall points scored makes Green Bay a favorite in Chicago?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »

/buzzkill

Honestly, I just wanted to pull the string and let you talk for a while.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 16, 2011, 11:20:02 PM

/buzzkill

Honestly, I just wanted to pull the string and let you talk for a while.

The accepted phrase is "put a quarter in." Uttered many, many times at Shitty's Friday.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
Quote from: BC on January 16, 2011, 04:14:52 PM
In the latest edition of media "OH MY GOD! THE PACKERS ARE FREAKING AWESOME" commentary... Notice how the AP compares the Packers with the Bears in the first game story from this afternoon...

"Although it got closer at the end, this was the result many projected the first division winner with a losing record would sustain, making it difficult to measure how good the Bears are. The NFL will find out next week against the Packers, who have beaten third-seeded Philadelphia and top-seeded Atlanta on the road this month. But to compare these Bears with the "Super Bowl Shuffle" bunch that won Chicago's only Super Bowl 25 years ago is a stretch."

Guh.

First of all, that first sentence is a partial-birth abortion.  How does a team "sustain" a result?  I believe he means "attain" but his unimaginative strawman two sentences later indicate that this writer's simply a tardface so maybe "sustain" has meaning in his dangerous mind. 

Good god the AP's become more obsolete than the drop-kick.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 17, 2011, 08:50:20 AM
Quote from: BC on January 16, 2011, 04:14:52 PM
In the latest edition of media "OH MY GOD! THE PACKERS ARE FREAKING AWESOME" commentary... Notice how the AP compares the Packers with the Bears in the first game story from this afternoon...

"Although it got closer at the end, this was the result many projected the first division winner with a losing record would sustain, making it difficult to measure how good the Bears are. The NFL will find out next week against the Packers, who have beaten third-seeded Philadelphia and top-seeded Atlanta on the road this month. But to compare these Bears with the "Super Bowl Shuffle" bunch that won Chicago's only Super Bowl 25 years ago is a stretch."

Guh.

First of all, that first sentence is a partial-birth abortion.  How does a team "sustain" a result?  I believe he means "attain" but his unimaginative strawman two sentences later indicate that this writer's simply a tardface so maybe "sustain" has meaning in his dangerous mind.  

Good god the AP's become more obsolete than the drop-kick.

The drop-kick will never be obsolete.  Not while there are midgets to be dealt with.  

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »

The Bears will annihilate the Packers.

That is all.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
Got an email from a Lions fan buddy today where he admitted he was wrong about comparing Cutler to Jeff George earlier this year. So maybe the tide is turning on the JC hate. All we need is an "I'm going to Disneyword" commercial to finalize the change from jerk to national hero.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »
Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2011, 12:40:43 PM
Got an email from a Lions fan buddy today where he admitted he was wrong about comparing Cutler to Jeff George earlier this year. So maybe the tide is turning on the JC hate. All we need is an "I'm going to Disneyword" commercial to finalize the change from jerk to national hero.

Disney? Say word!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.