News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,291 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2011, 08:47:18 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 23, 2011, 08:45:54 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2011, 08:31:24 PM
Maybe I missed it while I was stuffing my face at halftime, but it didn't seem like there was much talk about cutler being hurt before he came out. I saw him heading to the locker room with a few seconds left in the half, but hadn't the packers started to take a knee already at that point? Nobody saw him get hurt, nobody talked about him getting hurt, the stories about him fighting with the trainers didn't come out until well after the game, and lovie didn't mention that either that I heard. So he's got a legit injury and probably shouldn't have been out there, but it was a perfect storm of missing information and bad reporting that caused everyone to jump to the worst conclusion.

From a PR standpoint, they should have just kept him in the locker room.  Probably would have gotten shit for that, too. 

Cutler and Lovie should have rehearsed an Abbott and Costello bit where Jay stands next to Lovie the whole time badgering him to go back in the game.

Sad but kinda true.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2011, 08:54:33 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 23, 2011, 05:10:37 PM
Fuck you, Jay Cutler. I don't even care what's wrong with you.   Fuck you.

I would like to apologize for this meatball post.  This is why you shouldn't post 30 seconds after a bad loss.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on January 23, 2011, 04:22:15 PM
This had better be a huge injury. He's making it hard to defend him.

A torn ligament is pretty huge.  Alright, bring on the meatheads.  I support Jay!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 23, 2011, 08:54:33 PM

I would like to apologize for this meatball post.  This is why you shouldn't post 30 seconds after a bad loss.

You, of all people, you I trusted. Well, you and Slaky. How can you not trust a face like that. That stubble just tells you you're safe. But you also. And you repay me with that. It cuts deep. So deep.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
Swirski just tweeted that NBC is saying possible MCL tear.  If that's not secondhand or noncommittal enough. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
When he got hit in the endzone and lingered there for a while I started to freak out a little. He was very slow coming back to the huddle. I actually asked aloud to the people around me what was wrong, did anyone see him get hit? It's Jay so I just expected him to rub some dirt on it and get back out there. The next couple of throws were way off. I thought he might be concussed. I don't know what they showed on TV but standing there about 150 yards away on the other end of the stadium I believed something was quite wrong.

I think he knew he was fucked right then and there yet he continued to battle, took an injection at halftime and tried to go one more series. Phillip Rivers got hurt against the Colts and then Billy Volek came in and won that game. Then a week later Rivers played against the Patriots and got pwned. If only Cutler had half of the guts that Rivers had.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:57 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2011, 09:02:10 PM

You, of all people, you I trusted. Well, you and Slaky. How can you not trust a face like that. That stubble just tells you you're safe. But you also. And you repay me with that. It cuts deep. So deep.

I SAID I WAS SORRY

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2011, 09:23:56 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 23, 2011, 09:19:57 PM

I SAID I WAS SORRY

Too late. You've been replaced by Ivy6.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2011, 09:29:04 PM »

I SAID I WAS SORRY

Too bad. I thought you were a New Soviet Fan, Eli. A man who took in only non-biased information and objective statistical analysis and regurgitated snark and wit. Deep down, you're no better than Fro Dog. I've seen your black soul.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2011, 09:29:04 PM

I SAID I WAS SORRY

Too bad. I thought you were a New Soviet Fan, Eli. A man who took in only non-biased information and objective statistical analysis and regurgitated snark and wit. Deep down, you're no better than Fro Dog. I've seen your black soul.

Racist.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2011, 08:47:18 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 23, 2011, 08:45:54 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2011, 08:31:24 PM
Maybe I missed it while I was stuffing my face at halftime, but it didn't seem like there was much talk about cutler being hurt before he came out. I saw him heading to the locker room with a few seconds left in the half, but hadn't the packers started to take a knee already at that point? Nobody saw him get hurt, nobody talked about him getting hurt, the stories about him fighting with the trainers didn't come out until well after the game, and lovie didn't mention that either that I heard. So he's got a legit injury and probably shouldn't have been out there, but it was a perfect storm of missing information and bad reporting that caused everyone to jump to the worst conclusion.

From a PR standpoint, they should have just kept him in the locker room.  Probably would have gotten shit for that, too. 

Cutler and Lovie should have rehearsed an Abbott and Costello bit where Jay stands next to Lovie the whole time badgering him to go back in the game.

Maybe.

I don't know why Lovie had to be so vague after the game. And aren't there sideline reporters that are supposed to be letting us know about the injury and treatment and fighting to stay in the game? It was kind of an afterthought on the broadcast.....oh well, Cutler's hurt or something. Nobody knows when it happened or how,not even Cutler himself.....I needed answers dammit!

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »

The only reason I don't feel like a total idiot for tweeting to conclusions is that you agreed with me. You're usually so level headed and logical. In fact, you should have corrected me before I went as meatball as I did. It's all your fault Eli.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »
What people keep missing is that he was held out by the coaches. Whether he tore his MCL or not, he had no say in coming back in. There is no argument after that.

I just read David Haugh getting his Chuck hat on criticizing Lovie for the end around on 3rd and 3.

NO ONE IN THIS CITY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2011, 10:10:24 PM
What people keep missing is that he was held out by the coaches. Whether he tore his MCL or not, he had no say in coming back in. There is no argument after that.

I just read David Haugh getting his Chuck hat on criticizing Lovie for the end around on 3rd and 3.

NO ONE IN THIS CITY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS.

For a while in the fourth quarter I was having the time of my life - even though I knew they were fucked and Caleb was going to cough it up eventually. But God damn they fought hard (||). I wanted my enduring memory of this game to be the unbelieveable noise and energy in the stadium as the Bears fought and clawed their way back in. I've never experienced anything close to that. When I left, I felt like I had been a part of sports history (||) and that I would just enjoy the memories from a season that gave me more than I ever dreamed it could.

And then I got home and started reading. And hearing. And the anger took over. Right now, this hurts worse than that Super Bowl Sunday did. At least I was drunk as piss that day.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 23, 2011, 09:18:11 PM
Phillip Rivers got hurt against the Colts and then Billy Volek came in and won that game. Then a week later Rivers played against the Patriots and got pwned. If only Cutler had half of the guts that Rivers had.

Or Billy Volek.  Every doucheyinjured QB needs a Billy Volek.  
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.