News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,289 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 23, 2011, 10:28:13 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2011, 10:10:24 PM
What people keep missing is that he was held out by the coaches. Whether he tore his MCL or not, he had no say in coming back in. There is no argument after that.

I just read David Haugh getting his Chuck hat on criticizing Lovie for the end around on 3rd and 3.

NO ONE IN THIS CITY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS.

For a while in the fourth quarter I was having the time of my life - even though I knew they were fucked and Caleb was going to cough it up eventually. But God damn they fought hard (||). I wanted my enduring memory of this game to be energy in the stadium as the Bears fought and clawed their way back in. When I left, I felt like I had been a part of sports history and that I would just enjoy the memories from a season that gave me more than I ever dreamt it could.

And then I got home and started reading. And hearing. And anger took over. Right now, this hurts worse than that Super Bowl Sunday did. At least I was drunk as piss that day.

They did fight hard. I was kind of impressed. I think it was a really good year despite the obvious flaws.

They should be good next year, if there is one. I look forward to it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2011, 10:30:19 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 23, 2011, 10:28:13 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2011, 10:10:24 PM
What people keep missing is that he was held out by the coaches. Whether he tore his MCL or not, he had no say in coming back in. There is no argument after that.

I just read David Haugh getting his Chuck hat on criticizing Lovie for the end around on 3rd and 3.

NO ONE IN THIS CITY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS.

For a while in the fourth quarter I was having the time of my life - even though I knew they were fucked and Caleb was going to cough it up eventually. But God damn they fought hard (||). I wanted my enduring memory of this game to be energy in the stadium as the Bears fought and clawed their way back in. When I left, I felt like I had been a part of sports history and that I would just enjoy the memories from a season that gave me more than I ever dreamt it could.

And then I got home and started reading. And hearing. And anger took over. Right now, this hurts worse than that Super Bowl Sunday did. At least I was drunk as piss that day.

They did fight hard. I was kind of impressed. I think it was a really good year despite the obvious flaws.

That's why it hurts so bad. They could also be absolute shit next year for reasons nobody has thought of yet.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2011, 10:30:19 PM

Shit....I forgot there might not be a next year.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »
The Bears aren't actually paying Todd Collins real money are they?

Please tell me their just giving him a fruit basket or something each week.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2011, 01:03:13 AM »
So, no pass interference when Johnny Knox got tackled on that last INT?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2011, 01:17:54 AM »
Also, I'm no injury expert by any means (I should check Will Carrol's twitter for updates on this and Sterger), but one good thing about my fascination with HS football has allowed me to get some front row seats (usually the sidelines) for things. I distinctly remember hearing a player's ACL pop when it tore on a run. He was in initial pain, obviously, but he after getting off the field he was able to walk around and didn't need to get up to the hospital right away. The main thing with the ACL is that one loses the ability properly twist the knee but can walk with little pain. I'm not sure if/how the MCL differs. Chances are that he didn't need to sit on a trainer's table with an emo face on. Being on the sideline had little effect

So, in short, fuck all y'all for even questioning Jay. That motherfucker is hasn't ripped his O-Line all year (Peyton). He would have been on the field if he had been allowed to. It wasn't his decision. Of course, Jay's a pussy because the man from Santa Clause ain't jolly enough and he frowns. IF HE TEARS HIS MCL I EXPECT SMILES DAMMIT. I look forward to tomorrow on the Score and the numerous calls to get rid of that pussy and let the "rookie" play next year. By look forward, I mean I'll be very fucking angry all fucking day. /reinserts Jay's dick in mouth

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2011, 01:25:56 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2011, 10:01:38 PM
And aren't there sideline reporters that are supposed to be letting us know about the injury and treatment and fighting to stay in the game? It was kind of an afterthought on the broadcast.....oh well, Cutler's hurt or something. Nobody knows when it happened or how,not even Cutler himself.....I needed answers dammit!

Why would they make a big deal of a player fighting to stay in the game? It's not like they ever do that (thinks back to Jason Witten in Week 2). Oh nevermind. They didn't care because it was Jay Cutler and if he was bitching about something it was probably because the sadsack was pissed because he was going to have to sign autographs on tv  for cancer patients after the game.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 23, 2011, 07:27:56 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2011, 07:16:46 PM
Well, I can already tell how my offseason is going to go.

You should spend all of your time getting into Twitter wars with all of the NFL players giving Cutler crap.

QuoteIf he was my teammate I would be looking at him sideways. -Asante Samuel

Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT.. -Maurice Jones-Drew

QuoteIf my knee was hurt or acl/mcl/pcl sprain, I would not be standing up on the sideline. -Kirk Morrison

QuoteIts hard to know, but it def looked like it. RT @LSUFAN869: @LanceMoore16 Cutler gave up wouldn't you say? -Lance Moore

QuoteIf I'm on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room! #FACT -Darnell Dockett

You know what, all those motherfuckers can fucking die a shitty death. They didn't know what it felt like. He had a chance to snap back and he didn't comment on it. If I were him (and I'm one who can fly off the handle at times), I would have just said "Fuck them" and called them all Fags. Proof that Jay is a better man than I.

Quote from: Trent Dilfer on ESPN, another man who can go fuck himselfThe fact that he didn't show the fight to re-enter the game. The fact that he didn't show the demonstrative behavior that most players show in this situation would show if they were told they couldn't go in the game. It's not about being healthy in this situation. It's about being available to your teammates.

Ok Trent. If Jay had had a complete 5 year old's hissy fit on the sidelines, that would have made it better.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2011, 01:38:41 AM »

Fuck this fanbase. I'm going to bed

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2011, 02:23:42 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 23, 2011, 08:54:33 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 23, 2011, 05:10:37 PM
Fuck you, Jay Cutler. I don't even care what's wrong with you.   Fuck you.

I would like to apologize for this meatball post.  This is why you shouldn't post 30 seconds after a bad loss.

Holy shit I thought you were kidding.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2011, 05:13:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 23, 2011, 07:16:46 PM
Well, I can already tell how my offseason is going to go.

Sitting on your couch and eating ice cream, hoping your hair doesn't grow long enough in front of your eyes so you can't watch tv?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2011, 07:24:35 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 24, 2011, 01:17:54 AM
Also, I'm no injury expert by any means (I should check Will Carrol's twitter for updates on this and Sterger), but one good thing about my fascination with HS football has allowed me to get some front row seats (usually the sidelines) for things. I distinctly remember hearing a player's ACL pop when it tore on a run. He was in initial pain, obviously, but he after getting off the field he was able to walk around and didn't need to get up to the hospital right away. The main thing with the ACL is that one loses the ability properly twist the knee but can walk with little pain. I'm not sure if/how the MCL differs. Chances are that he didn't need to sit on a trainer's table with an emo face on. Being on the sideline had little effect

I saw my little brother tear his ACL in Champaign in the state finals. He was doing warm up exercises afterward. It didn't look bad when he got hurt. He just planted and turned funny. We didn't know what the problem was from the stands. We were wondering why the hell he didn't go back in. He was moving fine. He was standing. He wasn't rolling around on the ground yelling like a regular Roenick. He wasn't on crutches.

After the game we found out what happened and he had the surgery and nine long months of rehab.

Knee injuries, how do they work?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2011, 07:32:46 AM »
How long did it take Fork to recover from this exact injury?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 24, 2011, 07:24:35 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 24, 2011, 01:17:54 AM

I saw my little brother tear his ACL in Champaign in the state finals. He was doing warm up exercises afterward. It didn't look bad when he got hurt. He just planted and turned funny. We didn't know what the problem was from the stands. We were wondering why the hell he didn't go back in. He was moving fine. He was standing. He wasn't rolling around on the ground yelling like a regular Roenick. He wasn't on crutches.

After the game we found out what happened and he had the surgery and nine long months of rehab.

Knee injuries, how do they work?

That is pretty much how it goes. I've had two ACL reconstructions, torn MCL and medial meniscus. Lots of initial pain, but you can walk afterwards; albeit gingerly. Keep trying to play on it and you risk massive, permanent damage to the joint, ligaments and tendons.  Meatheads don't know dick.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2011, 08:28:50 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 24, 2011, 02:23:42 AM
Holy shit I thought you were kidding.

Sadly, no.  I was a little drunk and a lotta wrong. I also wanted to know what it felt like to be a reactionary meathead.  It felt bad.

In short: I like Jay and I'm happy he's the Bears QB.