News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,291 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 24, 2011, 01:38:41 AM
Fuck this fanbase.

You should find a more calm and rational fanbase such as

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
You know, Caleb Hanie outplayed THE UNBEATABLE AARON ROGERS in the 2nd half.

More importantly, is there some cool rally where I can burn my Todd Collins jersey?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 23, 2011, 10:28:13 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 23, 2011, 10:10:24 PM
What people keep missing is that he was held out by the coaches. Whether he tore his MCL or not, he had no say in coming back in. There is no argument after that.

I just read David Haugh getting his Chuck hat on criticizing Lovie for the end around on 3rd and 3.

NO ONE IN THIS CITY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS.

For a while in the fourth quarter I was having the time of my life - even though I knew they were fucked and Caleb was going to cough it up eventually. But God damn they fought hard (||). I wanted my enduring memory of this game to be the unbelieveable noise and energy in the stadium as the Bears fought and clawed their way back in. I've never experienced anything close to that. When I left, I felt like I had been a part of sports history (||) and that I would just enjoy the memories from a season that gave me more than I ever dreamed it could.

And then I got home and started reading. And hearing. And the anger took over. Right now, this hurts worse than that Super Bowl Sunday did. At least I was drunk as piss that day.

All of that. It's the what ifs that are bothering me now.

What if Cutler had hit Hester on that corner route in the first series?
What if Urlacher had taken that pick to the house? (That tackle by Rodgers was the play of the game)
What if Hanie had gotten #2 reps for the last few months after Collins shit himself in Carolina?
What if Hanie hadn't thrown that pick right into the ample gut of Raji?

Fuck fuck fuck.

On the bright side, I had to watch the game on delay on DVR so I was not exposed to all the Twitter horseplop during the game.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 24, 2011, 08:45:31 AM
What people keep missing is that he was held out by the coaches. Whether he tore his MCL or not, he had no say in coming back in. There is no argument after that.

I just read David Haugh getting his Chuck hat on criticizing Lovie for the end around on 3rd and 3.

For a while in the fourth quarter I was having the time of my life - even though I knew they were fucked and Caleb was going to cough it up eventually. But God damn they fought hard (||). I wanted my enduring memory of this game to be the unbelieveable noise and energy in the stadium as the Bears fought and clawed their way back in. I've never experienced anything close to that. When I left, I felt like I had been a part of sports history (||) and that I would just enjoy the memories from a season that gave me more than I ever dreamed it could.

And then I got home and started reading. And hearing. And the anger took over. Right now, this hurts worse than that Super Bowl Sunday did. At least I was drunk as piss that day.

What if Urlacher had taken that pick to the house? (That tackle by Rodgers was the play of the game)
What if Hanie had gotten #2 reps for the last few months after Collins shit himself in Carolina?

Fuck fuck fuck.

On the bright side, I had to watch the game on delay on DVR so I was not exposed to all the Twitter horseplop during the game.

That's the what if that bothers me the most. The whole game changes if that is a complete pass.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on January 24, 2011, 08:50:57 AM

Fuck fuck fuck.

That's the what if that bothers me the most. The whole game changes if that is a complete pass.

So you're saying it would have been a game-changer?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »

Are you saying you liked that call coming out of a time out?

Or are you saying Lovie doesn't have input on the offensive play calls?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »

Fuck fuck fuck.

That wasn't on Jay.  Hester stopped running the route.  Had he kept running, he I'm pretty sure he would have run under that.

I'm most upset at the Todd Colins turdfest.  I just don't understand how Hanie can go into training camp as the #2 QB and lose that spot due to injury--Collins' performance against the Panthers should have been the last time he ever took an NFL snap.  Instead, his next snap was in the NFC Championship Game.  This fact blinds me with rage.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 24, 2011, 09:00:12 AM

Fuck fuck fuck.

That wasn't on Jay.  Hester stopped running the route.  Had he kept running, he I'm pretty sure he would have run under that.

I'm most upset at the Todd Colins turdfest.  I just don't understand how Hanie can go into training camp as the #2 QB and lose that spot due to injury--Collins' performance against the Panthers should have been the last time he ever took an NFL snap.  Instead, his next snap was in the NFC Championship Game.  This fact blinds me with rage.

Veteran-Veteraniness was key. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 24, 2011, 08:53:06 AM

The latter.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 24, 2011, 09:00:12 AM

Fuck fuck fuck.

Oddly enough, this was the one time where Lovie did what the media demanded and got an "experienced NFL quarterback" to back up Cutler.  The lesson is obvious.  

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 24, 2011, 09:03:24 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 24, 2011, 08:53:06 AM

The latter.

Chuck disagrees.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »
The more I stew about this, the more I'm angry with this fucking Mickey Mouse organization who isn't smart enough to dispatch PR guys to quell the heat on Cutler before this shitstorm hit.  For chrissake, everybody knows that Cutler is reviled by every stupid media member who can't get a warm and fuzzy quote and the moment they get a chance to pile on, all hell's gonna break loose.  Somebody on staff needed to get in touch with whatever Barbie doll was working the sidelines and "leak" that Cutler has a likely torn MCL, got a shot at halftime, and tried to choke the life out of the poor trainer who told him he was done for the day.  Its fucking ridiculous that this organization had no idea that (gasp!) social media was going to take hold before the end of the game and make Cutler look like he quit.   Now this shit has to fall on the players, coaches, and GM, who aren't exactly the most equipped to run spin (even if that spin is the fucking truth).  You've taken what is arguably your most valuable public asset and destroyed it in less than one half of football.  Nice fucking job, Bears.  

This was a colossal failure on the part of the organization and just more fucking evidence that if this were any other business in the country, it would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.  

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 24, 2011, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 24, 2011, 01:38:41 AM
Fuck this fanbase.

You should find a more calm and rational fanbase such as

The Florida Marlins?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
So here's my question, is Mike Mirtz gonna survive this?  Or are we looking at another new offensive coordinator to go with a QB with a surgically repair knee?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 24, 2011, 09:17:19 AM
So here's my question, is Mike Mirtz gonna survive this?  Or are we looking at another new offensive coordinator to go with a QB with a surgically repair knee?

Caleb Hanie will call his own plays when he becomes the starter next year.