News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,289 )

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2011, 09:23:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 24, 2011, 09:17:19 AM
So here's my question, is Mike Mirtz gonna survive this?  Or are we looking at another new offensive coordinator to go with a QB with a surgically repair knee?

Uh, Martz should go with Utler out of town.   Keep Hanie and his stache he's the future.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:31 AM »
So here's my question, is Mike Mirtz gonna survive this?  Or are we looking at another new offensive coordinator to go with a QB with a surgically repair knee?

No coach under contract is going anywhere until the labor agreement is settled as no team is going to pay two coaches if they have locked out the players.  I believe Martz had a 2 year deal.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
On a positive note, pitchers and catchers report in about three weeks.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on January 24, 2011, 09:29:24 AM

"And I, for one, couldn't be happier."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »

You are using this word, I am not sure you know what it means.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 24, 2011, 09:31:32 AM

"And I, for one, couldn't be happier."

I just threw up in my mouth.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
OK, here's a great critic of Cutler:

http://twitter.com/#!/RealJayWilliams/status/29561642798813184

You know what? Fuck him with his little motorcycle and his 2002 Duke team which lost in the regional semis in no small part due to his ability to come up short in a big game!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on January 24, 2011, 09:22:14 AM

Caleb Hanie will call his own plays when he becomes the starter next year.

Would it be possible to bring on Asante Samuel as QB/OC? He seems to have it all figured out...

http://twitter.com/Thepresidentcb/status/29311930640367616

QuoteMan shoot that shit up with a needle. He ain't got to do much jus drop back and throw the ball.

Football is a simple game to figure out. It's 11 on 11. You just drop back and throw the ball.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 24, 2011, 09:36:51 AM
OK, here's a great critic of Cutler:

http://twitter.com/#!/RealJayWilliams/status/29561642798813184

You know what? Fuck him with his little motorcycle and his 2002 Duke team which lost in the regional semis in no small part due to his ability to come up short in a big game!

Williams: If you were hurt, why were you standing on the sidelines?

Response: If you weren't supposed to be riding a motorcycle, why the fuck were you? 

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on January 24, 2011, 09:13:13 AM
The more I stew about this, the more I'm angry with this fucking Mickey Mouse organization who isn't smart enough to dispatch PR guys to quell the heat on Cutler before this shitstorm hit.  For chrissake, everybody knows that Cutler is reviled by every stupid media member who can't get a warm and fuzzy quote and the moment they get a chance to pile on, all hell's gonna break loose.  Somebody on staff needed to get in touch with whatever Barbie doll was working the sidelines and "leak" that Cutler has a likely torn MCL, got a shot at halftime, and tried to choke the life out of the poor trainer who told him he was done for the day.  Its fucking ridiculous that this organization had no idea that (gasp!) social media was going to take hold before the end of the game and make Cutler look like he quit.   Now this shit has to fall on the players, coaches, and GM, who aren't exactly the most equipped to run spin (even if that spin is the fucking truth).  You've taken what is arguably your most valuable public asset and destroyed it in less than one half of football.  Nice fucking job, Bears.  

This was a colossal failure on the part of the organization and just more fucking evidence that if this were any other business in the country, it would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.  

Maybe I'm just trying to justify my meatball episode yesterday, but this this this! FOX never even attempted to find footage of the injury. No sideline reporter had any info from anyone on the Bears sideline. They said he was questionable, not out, leaving the possibility of a return open. This is the star player of the damn team, and the severity of the injury was never conveyed to everyone sitting on their couches. None of this would have happened if it was reported he was pulled from the game for good. If it was Aaron Rodgers with a hangnail, they would have been all over it. Jay attempted to play with a fucked up knee, and it was glossed over.

I didn't like being a meatball..... I feel dirty.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 24, 2011, 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 24, 2011, 09:13:13 AM
The more I stew about this, the more I'm angry with this fucking Mickey Mouse organization who isn't smart enough to dispatch PR guys to quell the heat on Cutler before this shitstorm hit.  For chrissake, everybody knows that Cutler is reviled by every stupid media member who can't get a warm and fuzzy quote and the moment they get a chance to pile on, all hell's gonna break loose.  Somebody on staff needed to get in touch with whatever Barbie doll was working the sidelines and "leak" that Cutler has a likely torn MCL, got a shot at halftime, and tried to choke the life out of the poor trainer who told him he was done for the day.  Its fucking ridiculous that this organization had no idea that (gasp!) social media was going to take hold before the end of the game and make Cutler look like he quit.   Now this shit has to fall on the players, coaches, and GM, who aren't exactly the most equipped to run spin (even if that spin is the fucking truth).  You've taken what is arguably your most valuable public asset and destroyed it in less than one half of football.  Nice fucking job, Bears.  

This was a colossal failure on the part of the organization and just more fucking evidence that if this were any other business in the country, it would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.  

Maybe I'm just trying to justify my meatball episode yesterday, but this this this! FOX never even attempted to find footage of the injury. No sideline reporter had any info from anyone on the Bears sideline. They said he was questionable, not out, leaving the possibility of a return open. This is the star player of the damn team, and the severity of the injury was never conveyed to everyone sitting on their couches. None of this would have happened if it was reported he was pulled from the game for good. If it was Aaron Rodgers with a hangnail, they would have been all over it. Jay attempted to play with a fucked up knee, and it was glossed over.

I didn't like being a meatball..... I feel dirty.

This is the same organization that had Martz fly down to Nashville to interview with Cutler (essentially the boss flying down to meet with the subordinate), so it's not exactly surprising that they would have handled this poorly.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »
Did anyone think that maybe the reason Jay was able to walk and stand around so well in his cape had something to do with the pain-numbing injection he took at halftime so that he could get out there and try to play again? Fuck me. It's a fucking avalanche of stupid right now.

Go on fucking strike already and don't come back. I don't need this shit. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 24, 2011, 08:28:50 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 24, 2011, 02:23:42 AM
Holy shit I thought you were kidding.

Sadly, no.  I was a little drunk and a lotta wrong. I also wanted to know what it felt like to be a reactionary meathead.  It felt bad.

In short: I like Jay and I'm happy he's the Bears QB.

Nice post. You made him upset.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
Ochocinco is the shit...

http://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/29559098009722880

QuoteTurned on Espn and reading the tweets current/former players have sent out based on Cutlers injury.what if he's really hurt bad :( I'm sad

http://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/29561163750580225

Quote@JayCutler6 Jay if you want to go all out Call Of Duty style war on some people let me know, I'm cocked (pause) and loaded #1LUV
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »

Fuck all those PenFoes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16