News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread  ( 33,289 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treat Rodgers Like He Treats Cancer Patients: NFC Championship Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 24, 2011, 10:56:42 AM
Ochocinco is the shit...

http://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/29559098009722880

QuoteTurned on Espn and reading the tweets current/former players have sent out based on Cutlers injury.what if he's really hurt bad :( I'm sad

http://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/29561163750580225

Quote@JayCutler6 Jay if you want to go all out Call Of Duty style war on some people let me know, I'm cocked (pause) and loaded #1LUV

I love Ocho. He gets lumped in with the troublemakers but despite his flamboyance he's generally pretty level-headed about things. He seems like a genuine guy and has done way more good than bad. Good of him to come to Cutler's defense when he didn't have to.

The way I understand this stuff, it has more to do with Cutler's reputation as a dick more than anything.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 24, 2011, 10:56:42 AM
Ochocinco is the shit...

http://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/29559098009722880

QuoteTurned on Espn and reading the tweets current/former players have sent out based on Cutlers injury.what if he's really hurt bad :( I'm sad

http://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/29561163750580225

Quote@JayCutler6 Jay if you want to go all out Call Of Duty style war on some people let me know, I'm cocked (pause) and loaded #1LUV

If he's got anything left in the tank, fuck it, bring him here.  Might distract the media from the 24/7 SMIRK WATCH.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 24, 2011, 10:40:56 AM
Did anyone think that maybe the reason Jay was able to walk and stand around so well in his cape had something to do with the pain-numbing injection he took at halftime so that he could get out there and try to play again?

Well, he should have nutted up and gotten some crutches like a real man instead of just standing around on his legs like a pussy.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 24, 2011, 11:00:59 AM

Fuck all those PenFoes.

You mean people that don't like Cutler but think this "he's not tough" stuff is ridiculous?

Because I don't think that's what you mean.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 24, 2011, 11:15:56 AM

Fuck all those PenFoes.

You mean people that don't like Cutler but think this "he's not tough" stuff is ridiculous?

Remember when people thought Jay Cutler was a good quarterback?  Me neither.  Nice passer rating, emo fag.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 24, 2011, 11:08:07 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 24, 2011, 10:40:56 AM
Did anyone think that maybe the reason Jay was able to walk and stand around so well in his cape had something to do with the pain-numbing injection he took at halftime so that he could get out there and try to play again?

Well, he should have nutted up and gotten some crutches like a real man instead of just standing around on his legs like a pussy.

He should of stayed in the locker room instead of exposing the rest of the team to his poutiness.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 24, 2011, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: PenPho on January 24, 2011, 11:15:56 AM

Fuck all those PenFoes.

Remember when people thought Jay Cutler was a good quarterback?  Me neither.  Nice passer rating, emo fag.

IE, his forehead is way to small. Chad likes Peyton Manning. He has moxy.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »
"Jay if you want to go all out Call Of Duty style war on some people let me know, I'm cocked (pause) and loaded #1LUV"

I blame the Republican Party for this situation.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
This is truly the final word on the Cutler saga:

Jay Cutler Is Not A Quitter, He's A Victim Of The NFL's Moron Soap Opera

QuoteHe certainly looks the part of a classic dick, and this may be why you assumed he wasn't really injured when he bowed out of the NFC Championship Game. You would not be alone: Maurice Jones-Drew, Derrick Brooks, and Darnell Docket were among the players who questioned Cutler's toughness on Twitter. Mark Schlereth chimed in, as well. Did you know he had 20 knee surgeries? Schlereth did many amazing things in his career as a Super Bowl-winning offensive lineman, but what he would most like you to know about him? That his knee, like a shark's belly, has a license plate and a boot floating around in it at all times. Real men dare oceanographers to knife their joints open and examine the bounty of a properly used joint.

QuoteSeattle defensive end Raheem Brock even called Cutler "a sissy" on Twitter. Brock would know about staying in the game even when impaired, since he is a gamer. Real men stay behind the wheel no matter how injured they are. Jay Cutler might take himself out of the game after a few beers, sure; but a gamer like Brock stays in there, wobbling through things no matter how many flashing red and blue lights he sees behind him.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 24, 2011, 11:48:50 AM

QuoteHe certainly looks the part of a classic dick, and this may be why you assumed he wasn't really injured when he bowed out of the NFC Championship Game. You would not be alone: Maurice Jones-Drew, Derrick Brooks, and Darnell Docket were among the players who questioned Cutler's toughness on Twitter. Mark Schlereth chimed in, as well. Did you know he had 20 knee surgeries? Schlereth did many amazing things in his career as a Super Bowl-winning offensive lineman, but what he would most like you to know about him? That his knee, like a shark's belly, has a license plate and a boot floating around in it at all times. Real men dare oceanographers to knife their joints open and examine the bounty of a properly used joint.

QuoteSeattle defensive end Raheem Brock even called Cutler "a sissy" on Twitter. Brock would know about staying in the game even when impaired, since he is a gamer. Real men stay behind the wheel no matter how injured they are. Jay Cutler might take himself out of the game after a few beers, sure; but a gamer like Brock stays in there, wobbling through things no matter how many flashing red and blue lights he sees behind him.

Not to get all Fro Dog, but I have a feeling, that this isn't really the final word.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 24, 2011, 11:54:24 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 24, 2011, 11:48:50 AM

Not to get all Fro Dog, but I have a feeling, that this isn't really the final word.

That may well be, but Slak's link is still outstanding...

QuoteBrock could be right, but the track record for Cutler does not indicate that. I watched Cutler play one of the tougher games by a quarterback at the college level I'd ever seen, a 49-42 loss by his Commodores to Florida in the Swamp in 2005. The game was a distillation of Cutler's entire career at Vanderbilt: abuse, zero blocking by his offensive line, throws off his back foot that somehow rocketed into receivers' hands over and over again, and ultimately a near-miss at glory by an undermanned team.

Cutler had the scowl and general bitchfacedness going back then, but you can't see that under the helmet. All you could see was the durability of a player who watched a good number of his completions from underneath a linebacker or defensive lineman, and the effect he had had on his teams. There was no "sparkle," no "charm," no dreaded "playing like a kid out there." He threw the ball hard. it went the right places. Vanderbilt competed in more games than they deserved to as a result of Cutler doing his job well. It's amazing how simple this equation is when you factor out the NFL's farting miasma of machismo and PR stunting.

QuoteNo, you have to understand these are men who play without knee ligaments for the game, and not just because of the NFL's ruthless attitude toward their labor pool. It is their individual virtue that makes them do this, not the threat of being cut immediately, or the other concept from the 19th century that is alive and well here, the complete disposability of the employee. They cripple themselves for a greater cause; there is a nobility in concussing yourself into near-retardation and a future appointment with Parkinson's, because this is more than a game, and not because they are terrified of losing their jobs, a situation making them little more than highly paid coal miners. (Adjustment: coal miners might actually die, and receive nothing like an NFL pension.)

QuoteA final 19th century concept that may be alive and well: cheap costume drama. I don't even like Jay Cutler as a player, but he and the Bears made the decision for him not to play, and them being football players and people surrounding football is enough to assume that they knew what was up and made the sound, sane decision. To say this deflates the thing the NFL and its attendant media thrives on, the moron-opera sold through terms of  personality and currencies with names like "Favre," "factorback," and "grittiness." It is greasepaint morality play underwritten by Bud Light and Ford, and it is the stupidest thing in the world not named Merrill Hoge.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »
See? Cutler has no heart. He doesn't care. Right after the game, he went out to Mastro's Steakhouse. If he really cared, he'd have gone home, eaten Ramen Noodles all offseason, and never enjoyed a meal until he comes back with a RING!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 24, 2011, 12:38:17 PMSee? Cutler has no heart. He doesn't care. Right after the game, he went out to Mastro's Steakhouse. If he really cared, he'd have gone home, eaten Ramen Noodles all offseason, and never enjoyed a meal until he comes back with a RING!

Yeah, Biggs tweeted that, as well as this retweet:

QuoteIn a weird way I want Cutler to have a tear. So that he's hurt and not heartless. Is that wrong?

Stick with reporting, Biggs. You're a turd when you try to editorialize.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 24, 2011, 12:40:43 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 24, 2011, 12:38:17 PMSee? Cutler has no heart. He doesn't care. Right after the game, he went out to Mastro's Steakhouse. If he really cared, he'd have gone home, eaten Ramen Noodles all offseason, and never enjoyed a meal until he comes back with a RING!

QuoteIn a weird way I want Cutler to have a tear. So that he's hurt and not heartless. Is that wrong?

I don't know about the one in Chicago, but the Mastro's here is really fucking good.

So I totally get this.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 24, 2011, 12:42:10 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 24, 2011, 12:40:43 PM

I don't know about the one in Chicago, but the Mastro's here is really fucking good.

So I totally get this.

How can it be that good? It's in Phoenix?