News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 101,691 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 23, 2010, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Yeti on February 23, 2010, 03:04:25 PM
Quote from: CT III on February 22, 2010, 07:55:07 PM
LT released:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4936783

The Bears could use a washed-up running back...

Or Westbrook

I need some SKOnalysis

Well, both of them have the same skillset as Forte. They'd both fit well in Martz's offense, whatever that means. They'd also be better than Kahlil Bell. My guess is that they'll want more money than the Bears would sign them for and it'll all be a moot point anyways because I don't think Angelo has any sort of plan whatsoever in regards to fixing the offensive line. My analysis? Root for the Saints.

DPD, oh, and, if I had my druthers, I'd take Westbrook.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »
LT released:

Or Westbrook

I need some SKOnalysis

Well, both of them have the same skillset as Forte. They'd both fit well in Martz's offense, whatever that means. They'd also be better than Kahlil Bell. My guess is that they'll want more money than the Bears would sign them for and it'll all be a moot point anyways because I don't think Angelo has any sort of plan whatsoever in regards to fixing the offensive line. My analysis? Root for the Saints.

/boner.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 23, 2010, 04:58:13 PM

While I think we all agree it will never happen, it would be awesome if the Bears signed him.

Awesome to set up a pool for how many minutes of game time until his career is ended from
concussion and/or death.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:33 AM »
Quote from: Pre on February 23, 2010, 10:39:58 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 23, 2010, 04:58:13 PM

While I think we all agree it will never happen, it would be awesome if the Bears signed him.

Awesome to set up a pool for how many minutes of game time until his career is ended from
concussion and/or death.

They're both pretty brittle at this point. I just think Westrbook would be more valuable when he does play. Tomlinson's receiving skills have always been overrated, and I think his actual skills have diminished more than Westbrook's. The Eagles just finally got tired of waiting for him to get healthy and finally drafted a capable replacement in LeSean McCoy. But no, it won't happen.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »
This doesn't seem like it could be true, but here it is anyway.

QuoteThe Chicago Bears are gearing up for a major run at Julius Peppers, a league source said Tuesday, and Aaron Kampman also is an option for a team that's intent on landing a pass-rushing defensive end this offseason.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2010, 10:33:45 AM

QuoteThe Chicago Bears are gearing up for a major run at Julius Peppers, a league source said Tuesday, and Aaron Kampman also is an option for a team that's intent on landing a pass-rushing defensive end this offseason.

I'm sitting at my desk imagining how good these 2 guys could be under the leadership of Rod Marinelli.
If we get one of these guys, I'm putting the rest of the NFL on notice.
Bear football.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 24, 2010, 11:55:01 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2010, 10:33:45 AM

I'm sitting at my desk imagining how good these 2 guys could be under the leadership of Rod Marinelli.
If we get one of these guys, I'm putting the rest of the NFL on notice.
Bear football.

I'm sitting on my desk with my pants around my ankles drumming my bancroft while thinking the exact same thing. Bear Down indeed.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »
It only took Lovie 5 years to figure this out:

Quote"We need to improve our safety position, period," Smith said. "Haven't been pleased with the production we've gotten. I think we had one interception from the safety position. That was one of the reasons why I feel like our takeaways were down this year. We need to bring in or just get more competition and just improvement in general."

It's expected that the Bears will target Antrel Rolle, who figures to be released by the Arizona Cardinals. The converted cornerback is due to earn $12 million this year. The Cardinals want Rolle back, but are not going to pay him more than fellow safety Adrian Wilson, and know there is a risk in letting him go.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 11:27:25 AM

Quote"We need to improve our safety position, period," Smith said. "Haven't been pleased with the production we've gotten. I think we had one interception from the safety position. That was one of the reasons why I feel like our takeaways were down this year. We need to bring in or just get more competition and just improvement in general."

It's expected that the Bears will target Antrel Rolle, who figures to be released by the Arizona Cardinals. The converted cornerback is due to earn $12 million this year. The Cardinals want Rolle back, but are not going to pay him more than fellow safety Adrian Wilson, and know there is a risk in letting him go.

I don't think he just figured it out and drafted shitty safeties on purpose because he thought it would be cute. I just think he and Angelo don't have a fucking clue what a decent one actually looks like.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 26, 2010, 11:41:34 AM

I don't think he just figured it out and drafted shitty safeties on purpose because he thought it would be cute. I just think he and Angelo don't have a fucking clue what a decent one actually looks like.

I don't think they drafted shitty ones on purpose. I think they thought they could get by with the PayneSteltzGrahamAfalava 4th and 5th round pick extravaganza without investing in a first round draft pick or big free agent.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 26, 2010, 11:41:34 AM

I don't think they drafted shitty ones on purpose. I think they thought they could get by with the PayneSteltzGrahamAfalava 4th and 5th round pick extravaganza without investing in a first round draft pick or big free agent.

What's sad is they had a pretty good safety in Chris Harris and traded him to make room for Archuletta.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2010, 02:44:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 26, 2010, 02:14:33 PM
What's sad is they had a pretty good safety in Chris Harris and traded him to make room for Archuletta.

Sure, but Harris wasn't fantastic with the Bears.  While Archuleta was a mistake, at
the time Harris behind Manning at safety and I always thought he was best at putting
big hits on our CBs instead of the WRs.  I just don't know of anyone who would have
said that between Manning, Harris, McGowen, and Payne that they would definitely
have wanted to keep Harris.  They also got a pick for him, not like they just cut him.

I just think that of all the bad moves the Bears have made personnel wise, this one
is mostly hindsight nit picking.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »
LT released:

Or Westbrook

I need some SKOnalysis

The Westbrook wrinkle.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 26, 2010, 02:44:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 26, 2010, 02:14:33 PM

Sure, but Harris wasn't fantastic with the Bears.  While Archuleta was a mistake, at
the time Harris behind Manning at safety and I always thought he was best at putting
big hits on our CBs instead of the WRs.  I just don't know of anyone who would have
said that between Manning, Harris, McGowen, and Payne that they would definitely
have wanted to keep Harris.  They also got a pick for him, not like they just cut him.

I just think that of all the bad moves the Bears have made personnel wise, this one
is mostly hindsight nit picking.

I was against it at the time and still am. I never liked Danieal Manning. HE HAS A GIRL'S NAME.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
rotoworld

"Bears GM Jerry Angelo confirmed that CB Nathan Vasher will stay on the roster at least until training camp.
Vasher isn't due an offseason roster bonus, so his roster spot is safe for now despite ineffective play several years running. "We paid him his money, so it doesn't behoove us to let him go," said Angelo. "We're going to take him to training camp." Vasher shouldn't be counted on for any role in 2010.
Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter "