News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 101,684 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 26, 2010, 03:12:28 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 23, 2010, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Yeti on February 23, 2010, 03:04:25 PM
Quote from: CT III on February 22, 2010, 07:55:07 PM
LT released:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4936783

The Bears could use a washed-up running back...

Or Westbrook

I need some SKOnalysis

Well, both of them have the same skillset as Forte. They'd both fit well in Martz's offense, whatever that means. They'd also be better than Kahlil Bell. My guess is that they'll want more money than the Bears would sign them for and it'll all be a moot point anyways because I don't think Angelo has any sort of plan whatsoever in regards to fixing the offensive line. My analysis? Root for the Saints.

The Westbrook wrinkle.

So Brian Westbrook hasn't watched a Bears game in several years and really wants to play football somewhere next year. Got it.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 26, 2010, 03:13:59 PM
Quote from: Pre on February 26, 2010, 02:44:27 PM
I just don't know of anyone who would have said that between Manning, Harris, McGowen,
and Payne that they would definitely have wanted to keep Harris. 

I was against it at the time and still am. I never liked Danieal Manning. HE HAS A GIRL'S NAME.

Then I don't know you.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 03:38:36 PM
So Brian Westbrook hasn't watched a Bears game in several years and really wants to play football somewhere next year. Got it.

DPD.

Apparently the doctors never asked him what year it was before clearing him to play.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/olsen-unhappy-with-hiring-of-martz-wants-a-trade/ - Olsen wants out because Martz hates tight ends. While I typically dislike Olsen and his frequent bouts with fumbles and dropped passes and his inability to block anything, I'm not sure I'm all that eager about trading him for what would probably be a shitty pick just so they can sign Manumaleuna to be fat.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 09:13:03 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/olsen-unhappy-with-hiring-of-martz-wants-a-trade/ - Olsen wants out because Martz hates tight ends. While I typically dislike Olsen and his frequent bouts with fumbles and dropped passes and his inability to block anything, I'm not sure I'm all that eager about trading him for what would probably be a shitty pick just so they can sign Manumaleuna to be fat.

Isn't the rumor that he'd go to the Patriots for one of their second rounders?  That'd seem to be pretty decent value for him. 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 09:42:41 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 03, 2010, 09:34:55 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 09:13:03 AM

Isn't the rumor that he'd go to the Patriots for one of their second rounders?  That'd seem to be pretty decent value for him. 

Is that the rumor? 2nd round pick, eh?

TRADE GREG OLSEN!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »
A good coach tailors his system to his personnel, especially his good personnel. He resists the temptation to shed good personnel for shitty personnel just so it fits his idealized system.

The Bears have good players and shitty players. Unfortunately, they lack a good coach.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 03, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
A good coach tailors his system to his personnel, especially his good personnel. He resists the temptation to shed good personnel for shitty personnel just so it fits his idealized system.

The Bears have good players and shitty players. Unfortunately, they lack a good coach.

How many coaches actually do that?  Parcells and...?

Most of these coaches are egomaniacs.  "I'm the coach and I know how to do this!"  More often than not, they are wrong.  Why?

Most of them are also Peter Principle candidates.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 03, 2010, 09:55:29 AM

Most of these coaches are egomaniacs.  "I'm the coach and I know how to do this!"  More often than not, they are wrong.  Why?

I'd have no problem with the Bears trying to remake their offensive roster to try and fit with Martz's system if I didn't think the whole damn lot of the coaching staff was going to be fired next year.  That's what sucks here.  No, Olsen isn't a great fit for Martz's offense, but he's pretty damn good fit in most others, and we'll likely be seeing a new offensive coordinator in a year's time.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 03, 2010, 10:01:09 AM

I'd have no problem with the Bears trying to remake their offensive roster to try and fit with Martz's system if I didn't think the whole damn lot of the coaching staff was going to be fired next year.  That's what sucks here.  No, Olsen isn't a great fit for Martz's offense, but he's pretty damn good fit in most others, and we'll likely be seeing a new offensive coordinator in a year's time.

That was my original response. A 2nd round pick would be nice though. Then again, Angelo would just waste it on some DB from an AA school in Texas or Louisiana that no one else had higher than a 4th or 5th rounder.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »

Mike Tomlin had always coached a 4-3 defense. When he was hired by the Steelers, he kept Dick LeBeau and his 3-4 zone blitz scheme.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
I don't know about Olsen. I would say he's a pretty good tight end, but not this game changing elite tight end that the Bears seemed to believe. If the Bears could get a second rounder I'd say make the trade.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 03, 2010, 10:13:12 AM
I don't know about Olsen. I would say he's a pretty good tight end, but not this game changing elite tight end that the Bears seemed to believe. If the Bears could get a second rounder I'd say make the trade.

If we're talking about a competent GM here. I realize ten minutes ago I just said it was a good deal, but I'm changing my mind. Angelo would find a way, in one of the most promising drafts in years, to fuck up that 2nd round pick. Nothing this team does this offseason is going to make them a playoff contender. Nothing. I'd say it'd be best for all involved if they just sat tight, went 5-11, fired everyone, and left the important decisions to the next staff.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2010, 10:22:28 AM »
Take the second round pick.  Stiffler sucks, and I'm tired of Cutler going out of his way to turn shit into shinola just because he's his bro.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 10:20:35 AM
Nothing this team does this offseason is going to make them a playoff contender.

You don't think signing, say, Kampman/Peppers and Rolle/Sharper would add 2-3 wins from last year?  What about if they manage to shore up the o-line a bit?  If they're willing to spend some money this offseason (and it sounds like they are), I think they definitely could be a playoff "contender."  It's not like they went 2-14 last year.