News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,926 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2009, 08:09:21 AM
If Urlacher misses significant time, I'm putting on my DoomJorts and unbuttoning them so my DOOMfrontbutt can breathe. They've never played well with him out and they never will.

footballoutsiders.com is saying 4-6 weeks for Urlacher.  And, everytime I read "frontbutt" I laugh so hard, I pee a little.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 13, 2009, 10:55:38 PM
Quote from: MAD on September 13, 2009, 10:47:30 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 13, 2009, 10:44:39 PM
I thought "Lotto" wore 18?

That's Pick 6, dumbass.
Chill out, Mike.  

http://www.seattlepi.com/archives/1987/8702040757.asp

QuoteAfter throwing four picks Monday night, his teammates started calling Tomczak "Lotto" because the Illinois state lottery features a game called Pick Four.

Ouch.  My bad.  Clearly, I was quite irritated last night.

And while what Apex was saying about Urlacher's absence was once true, you can't deal with such absolutes unless you're also prepared for the Herculean task of stopping time.  Urlacher's 31 and not exactly coming off a stellar season.  Any word on what'shisname?  Mosy Tatupu?  He looked like he was hurting.  
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2009, 08:39:09 AM »
Quote from: MAD on September 14, 2009, 08:32:09 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 13, 2009, 10:55:38 PM
Quote from: MAD on September 13, 2009, 10:47:30 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 13, 2009, 10:44:39 PM
I thought "Lotto" wore 18?

That's Pick 6, dumbass.
Chill out, Mike.  

http://www.seattlepi.com/archives/1987/8702040757.asp

QuoteAfter throwing four picks Monday night, his teammates started calling Tomczak "Lotto" because the Illinois state lottery features a game called Pick Four.

Ouch.  My bad.  Clearly, I was quite irritated last night.

And while what Apex was saying about Urlacher's absence was once true, you can't deal with such absolutes unless you're also prepared for the Herculean task of stopping time.  Urlacher's 31 and not exactly coming off a stellar season.  Any word on what'shisname?  Mosy Tatupu?  He looked like he was hurting.  

Sprained knee.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2009, 08:40:54 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 14, 2009, 08:18:04 AM
I think the receivers were quitting on routes, Clark especially, because they're not used to having a QB who moves around to keep plays alive. In the past once the QB was under pressure the play was essentially over.

Next year, the Bears should take their receivers and their quarterback and get in some practice time before the season starts.  Maybe even go away from their main practice facility to someplace remote where they can only concentrate on football with less distractions.  Maybe even take the O-Line for them to practice too.  And bring the defensive players for the offense to practice against.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »
Mully and Hanley were suggesting the Bears sign the 36-year-old Derrick Brooks.  Thoughts?
Hire Jim Essian!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 14, 2009, 09:21:39 AM
Mully and Hanley were suggesting the Bears sign the 36-year-old Derrick Brooks.  Thoughts?

He knows the defense. So is a 36 year old Derrick Brooks better than Hillenmeyer? Yes?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2009, 08:40:54 AM
I think the receivers were quitting on routes, Clark especially, because they're not used to having a QB who moves around to keep plays alive. In the past once the QB was under pressure the play was essentially over.

Next year, the Bears should take their receivers and their quarterback and get in some practice time before the season starts.  Maybe even go away from their main practice facility to someplace remote where they can only concentrate on football with less distractions.  Maybe even take the O-Line for them to practice too.  And bring the defensive players for the offense to practice against.

That'll never catch on, Internet Chuck.  You nut job.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 14, 2009, 07:55:59 AM
It looks like the fainting couches have been moved out of the thread, so on to the actual game:

- Is there a particular reason why Des Clark and Johnny Knox were continually quitting on their routes? Yes, Cutler was godawful in the first half, but he got absolutely no help from those boners. And if Knox is supposed to be FAST AS LIGHTNING, why did he get caught from behind on that deep ball?

- Either I'm a bad football fan for not knowing that Cullen Jenkins is a holy terror on the defensive line, or Frank Omiyale is much worse than I thought.

- Great game for the Prince, but did Tommie Harris make any plays last night? Not that I noticed.

- I guess it's time to find out if Jamar Williams is the man-beast that we're always told about during training camp. They got away with it for a half, but if they try to play this defense with an MLB as unathletic as Hillenmeyer, we've got problems.

- Why in the name of Huey's PANKhelmet was the bloated carcass of Nate Vasher covering one of the best receivers in football in the 4th quarter? Not as bad of a mismatch as Chris Thompson vs. Steve Smith but it's damn near close.

That game sucked mangina but I'm leaving my DOOMjorts in the drawer for now.

Knox is still learning route running.

Cullen Jenkins is a pretty good lineman.

I would like to see Jamar Williams out there as well.

Ultimately, even with the mostly shitty play the Bears had a chance to win that game.

Why I'm not all that worried but let's see how this all plays out'd
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39:03 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 14, 2009, 09:29:50 AM

He knows the defense. So is a 36 year old Derrick Brooks better than Hillenmeyer? Yes?

Throw Jamar Williams in the middle for a couple weeks and see what hai. If he sucks, then you can bring in old dead guys like Derrick BrooksHatlen.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
It looks like the fainting couches have been moved out of the thread, so on to the actual game:

- Is there a particular reason why Des Clark and Johnny Knox were continually quitting on their routes? Yes, Cutler was godawful in the first half, but he got absolutely no help from those boners. And if Knox is supposed to be FAST AS LIGHTNING, why did he get caught from behind on that deep ball?

- Either I'm a bad football fan for not knowing that Cullen Jenkins is a holy terror on the defensive line, or Frank Omiyale is much worse than I thought.

- Great game for the Prince, but did Tommie Harris make any plays last night? Not that I noticed.

- I guess it's time to find out if Jamar Williams is the man-beast that we're always told about during training camp. They got away with it for a half, but if they try to play this defense with an MLB as unathletic as Hillenmeyer, we've got problems.

- Why in the name of Huey's PANKhelmet was the bloated carcass of Nate Vasher covering one of the best receivers in football in the 4th quarter? Not as bad of a mismatch as Chris Thompson vs. Steve Smith but it's damn near close.

Ultimately, even with the mostly shitty play the Bears had a chance to win that game.

So an early 20s receiver who's been playing receiver probably half his life doesn't know how to run routes?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »
Vaughn McClure saying Urlacher's finito for '09.

Shoot.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2009, 09:45:10 AM »

The Saints didn't think Derrick Brooks was an improvement over Scott Shanle.  So, there's that.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »
Quote from: MAD on September 14, 2009, 09:43:50 AM

Shoot.
At his age and injury history (back, neck), could this be it?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2009, 09:48:26 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2009, 09:46:15 AM
Quote from: MAD on September 14, 2009, 09:43:50 AM

Shoot.
At his age and injury history (back, neck), could this be it?

Who cares?  You never liked him anyway.  We're talking about the '09 season and, Urlacher's condition aside, this is not good.

Derrick Brooks went to high school when I did.  Fuck.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on September 14, 2009, 09:41:59 AM

So an early 20s receiver who's been playing receiver probably half his life doesn't know how to run routes?

In college or high school for that matter if he is much more talented than the guy covering him, he doesn't have to be precise or finish his route to get open. Maybe he just used his speed to get open. He may not know route running because he relied on his talent.