News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,926 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 14, 2009, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 14, 2009, 11:07:08 AM

Urlacher isn't the tackler he used to be, but pretty much every GM in the NFL would still give his left nad to have him on their team.

CHUCKFAIL.

I'm way out of my element talking Bears players with Bears fans, but wasn't Urlacher hurt pretty much half his career?

He's started 16 games every season except 2000 and 2004. He started 14 and played 16 in 2000, his rookie season. And started and played 9 in 2004, Lovie's first in Chicago, when he went down due to hamstring issues.

Yeah, he's played injured a lot (in recent years probably most of the time, with back issues in particular).

But who in the NFL hasn't?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Looks like the Bears will replace their HoF middle linebacker with a HoF outside linebacker (Derrick Brooks) and move Lance into the middle.  Brooks' agent says Derrick is ready to play this week.

He's 37, he couldn't find a job in the offseason, but this is great?

I know Derrick Brooks is an awesome guy and was once an unbelievable player, but if he's better now than Hunter is, Hunter should be selling real estate.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2009, 11:47:22 AM »
Quote from: Andy on September 14, 2009, 11:41:42 AM
Looks like the Bears will replace their HoF middle linebacker with a HoF outside linebacker (Derrick Brooks) and move Lance into the middle.  Brooks' agent says Derrick is ready to play this week.

I know Derrick Brooks is an awesome guy and was once an unbelievable player, but if he's better now than Hunter is, Hunter should be selling real estate.

Yes, because this means no Hunter at middle linebacker.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 14, 2009, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: Andy on September 14, 2009, 11:41:42 AM

Yes, because this means no Hunter at middle linebacker.

Who is going to play the other outside?

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 14, 2009, 11:29:03 AM

Urlacher isn't the tackler he used to be, but pretty much every GM in the NFL would still give his left nad to have him on their team.

CHUCKFAIL.

I'm way out of my element talking Bears players with Bears fans, but wasn't Urlacher hurt pretty much half his career?

He's started 16 games every season except 2000 and 2004. He started 14 and played 16 in 2000, his rookie season. And started and played 9 in 2004, Lovie's first in Chicago, when he went down due to hamstring issues.

Yeah, he's played injured a lot (in recent years probably most of the time, with back issues in particular).

I guess it just "seemed" like he was hurt every season.

PS, I asked this question because I like annoying the shit out of RV.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 14, 2009, 11:55:28 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 14, 2009, 11:29:03 AM

CHUCKFAIL.

I guess it just "seemed" like he was hurt every season.

PS, I asked this question because I like annoying the shit out of RV wanted to continue my streak of not contributing anything useful to a discussion.

That too'd

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »
Just a question: was Hillenmeyer terribly exposed during the second half? He's not a bad MLB. He was miscast as a SLB. Put Brooks at SLB and keep Briggs at WLB where he can make a bigger impact.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
Intrepid Reader:  Jay Cutler

Out for the season with a broken wrist?  Now who's the pussy?

Seriously, though, are they going to IR Urlacher or hope he can come back in December, if the Bears are fighting for a playoff spot?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2009, 12:25:41 PM »
I'm about to throw my Romeo ALL UP IN THIS PIECE!
Hire Jim Essian!

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
Maybe I am crazy, but on the two big pass plays, weren't Knox and Hester just running straight down the field? Woodson didn't get a good bump on Knox... And Collins didn't get over to cover Hester... There was no running of an actual route from either guy... I think the Steelers might pick up on that for next week's game.

I am normally the one who says let's see how this one plays out... But I already am thinking that 8-8 would be an accomplishment... No receivers, a shit offensive line, a quarterback who doesn't know when to throw it away or when to take a sack, a defense that just lost its MLB for the season and still has a pathetic secondary, a terrible offensive coordinator and a head coach that needs to let someone else decide when to challenge plays...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »
Quote from: BC on September 14, 2009, 01:39:56 PM
I am normally the one who says let's see how this one plays out rushes to declare doom as early as possible

Are you kidding'd?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
Maybe I am crazy, but on the two big pass plays, weren't Knox and Hester just running straight down the field? Woodson didn't get a good bump on Knox... And Collins didn't get over to cover Hester... There was no running of an actual route from either guy... I think the Steelers might pick up on that for next week's game.

I am normally the one who says let's see how this one plays out... But I already am thinking that 8-8 would be an accomplishment... No receivers, a shit offensive line, a quarterback who doesn't know when to throw it away or when to take a sack, a defense that just lost its MLB for the season and still has a pathetic secondary, a terrible offensive coordinator and a head coach that needs to let someone else decide when to challenge plays...

Sometimes, just sometimes, Week 1 isn't all that representative of the entire season.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »
Quote from: BC on September 14, 2009, 01:39:56 PMa terrible offensive coordinator

Fasten the velcro on your sweatpants, bud. Your agenda is showing.

Quote from: BC on September 14, 2009, 01:39:56 PMand a head coach that needs to let someone else decide when to challenge plays...

Pretty sure that's already the case. Yes, the head coach makes the final decision, but doesn't every NFL head coach base their challenges on input from guys up in the booth who have actual monitors where they can watch the replays?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

They're called fly routes, and yes, especially when the defense isn't ready for them, they do count as "actual routes".

Ron Zook thinks that was a terrible post.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 14, 2009, 02:03:04 PM

Sometimes, just sometimes, Week 1 isn't all that representative of the entire season.

This, maybe. But I don't know how they beat Pittsburgh OR the Seahawks.