News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,921 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 06, 2009, 09:21:25 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 06, 2009, 09:10:31 AM
Just because it looks awesome...

Indeed.

While one can make the case for Cutler using fancy football fagmetrics, that play did as much to prove what a stud QB he is, as it was third down and the Bears really could have used a tocuhdown there.

Also, how many touchdowns has this guy created on third (and fourth) and goal?  That's at least 4--both Pissburgh touchdowns came on third down also.  Throw in the winning TD against Seattke that many of the previous slapdick QB's would have settled for a FG on, allowing the Seahawks to come back and win, and we're looking at a real goddamn scoring machine.

SPLOOGE.

3 td passes and 1 td run on 3rd down, 2 touchdown passes on 4th down. So 6 of his 9 tds.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »

Indeed.

While one can make the case for Cutler using fancy football fagmetrics, that play did as much to prove what a stud QB he is, as it was third down and the Bears really could have used a tocuhdown there.

Also, how many touchdowns has this guy created on third (and fourth) and goal?  That's at least 4--both Pissburgh touchdowns came on third down also.  Throw in the winning TD against Seattke that many of the previous slapdick QB's would have settled for a FG on, allowing the Seahawks to come back and win, and we're looking at a real goddamn scoring machine.

SPLOOGE.

Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 04, 2009, 12:20:47 PM
That TD was for the meatheadsHueys.

McSwirski'd
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 06, 2009, 09:31:47 AM

Indeed.

SPLOOGE.

McSwirski'd

Believe me, I had no qualms about sticking my inner meatball out on that play.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: October 06, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 06, 2009, 09:32:38 AM

Indeed.

SPLOOGE.

McSwirski'd

It was gritty. Gutty even. The guy can flat out compete. He just wants the ball and he just wants to play.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: October 06, 2009, 09:51:45 AM »

Indeed.

SPLOOGE.

McSwirski'd

That sounds beyond painful.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
Quote from: Mickey Nine: The Dream Weaver on October 06, 2009, 09:51:45 AM

Indeed.

SPLOOGE.

McSwirski'd

And somewhat sexy too.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: October 06, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 06, 2009, 11:29:38 AM
Quote from: Mickey Nine: The Dream Weaver on October 06, 2009, 09:51:45 AM

Indeed.

Also, how many touchdowns has this guy created on third (and fourth) and goal?  That's at least 4--both Pissburgh touchdowns came on third down also.  Throw in the winning TD against Seattke that many of the previous slapdick QB's would have settled for a FG on, allowing the Seahawks to come back and win, and we're looking at a real goddamn scoring machine.

SPLOOGE.

McSwirski'd

And somewhat sexy too.

My inner meatball wouldn't move a muscle until he got up off the ground, the second time. It needed to make sure he wasn't broken. As soon as he got up from the fall, he was immediately knocked over by a teammate, delaying my reaction even further. Everybody in my section was screaming and going apeshit. People were trying to high five me and I just stood there staring at Utler until he got up and walked off with a toothy grin. I was too terrified to yell. But then, I'm a known pussy.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: October 06, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »
But then the scoreboard replayed that sumbitch from every angle they had and each shot was more glorious then the last. After about 4 or 5 the place was still up for grabs and they showed Jay sitting on the bench cheesing because he either knew he was a bad motherfucker or because he'd been caught checking himself out and enjoying the adulation. He gave us a little wave to let us know he heard us and I...

JIZZED IN MY PAAAAAANTS!!!!
This is the kind of thing that dickwhistles who think it's more fun not to go to games miss out on. That's fine with me if they want to stay home and annihilate their pud on the couch. But they're stupid and wrong.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2009, 12:51:01 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2009, 07:22:35 AM »
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 15, 2009, 12:51:01 AM
Yay?

Why? Why in the name of Atheismo would a team that's actually got a young and cheap wide receiver corps that's shown plenty of promise through the first four games of the season trade for Terrell Owens? There's absolutely nothing he's done to show that he's not in rapid decline. This team's already down a draft pick from the pick up of Cutler, there's no need to lose another one for a guy who would represent a modest improvement at best. Hester and Knox are deep threats. Bennett and Hester have both shown great hands. Olsen is bound to break out any day now. Clark is back. Forte can catch. There's absolutely no need to do something as stupid as bring in Terrell Owens and the shitstorm that comes with him and is no longer even remotely justified by his production.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2009, 07:42:38 AM »
DPD- from Larry Mayer of Bears.com
QuoteIn my opinion, the chances of the Bears acquiring Terrell Owens from the Buffalo Bills before Tuesday's trade deadline are roughly the same as the Cubs and White Sox meeting in the World Series later this month. It's not going to happen. The Bears had zero interest in Owens when he was a free agent, so why would they cough up a draft pick or a player for him now, especially given how well young wide receivers Devin Hester, Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox have performed so far this season? Again, T.O. is not coming to the Bears. I think you can trace the rampant Internet rumors back to an item in Adam Schefter's column on ESPN.com that speculated about the possibility of the Bills trading Owens. The story mentioned that the Bears "could use a play-making wide receiver to help unseat the first-place Minnesota Vikings" and "might find it worthwhile to part with a mid-round pick for an offensive player that can help make a difference this season." Nowhere in that passage does it say that the Bears are even the least bit interested in Owens—and they're not.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2009, 07:42:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 07:22:35 AM
Yay?

Why? Why in the name of Atheismo would a team that's actually got a young and cheap wide receiver corps that's shown plenty of promise through the first four games of the season trade for Terrell Owens? There's absolutely nothing he's done to show that he's not in rapid decline. This team's already down a draft pick from the pick up of Cutler, there's no need to lose another one for a guy who would represent a modest improvement at best. Hester and Knox are deep threats. Bennett and Hester have both shown great hands. Olsen is bound to break out any day now. Clark is back. Forte can catch. There's absolutely no need to do something as stupid as bring in Terrell Owens and the shitstorm that comes with him and is no longer even remotely justified by his production.

TO actually doesn't send for his dickheadedness until his second season anywhere. Same thing with Plaxico.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 07:22:35 AM
Yay?

TO actually doesn't send for his dickheadedness until his second season anywhere. Same thing with Plaxico.

So his comments about the playcalling and whatnot and the rumors that he's disgruntled are just to be ignored? And really? All of Plaxico's problems start in his second season? Is that why he was in Pittsburgh for five years and New York for four? And he had his first 1,000 yard season in his second year with Pitt and a then career high in touchdowns during his second year with the Giants? What a cockwallet.