News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,928 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #465 on: October 15, 2009, 08:23:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 07:47:15 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 07:22:35 AM
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 15, 2009, 12:51:01 AM
Yay?

Why? Why in the name of Atheismo would a team that's actually got a young and cheap wide receiver corps that's shown plenty of promise through the first four games of the season trade for Terrell Owens? There's absolutely nothing he's done to show that he's not in rapid decline. This team's already down a draft pick from the pick up of Cutler, there's no need to lose another one for a guy who would represent a modest improvement at best. Hester and Knox are deep threats. Bennett and Hester have both shown great hands. Olsen is bound to break out any day now. Clark is back. Forte can catch. There's absolutely no need to do something as stupid as bring in Terrell Owens and the shitstorm that comes with him and is no longer even remotely justified by his production.

TO actually doesn't send for his dickheadedness until his second season anywhere. Same thing with Plaxico.

So his comments about the playcalling and whatnot and the rumors that he's disgruntled are just to be ignored? And really? All of Plaxico's problems start in his second season? Is that why he was in Pittsburgh for five years and New York for four? And he had his first 1,000 yard season in his second year with Pitt and a then career high in touchdowns during his second year with the Giants? What a cockwallet.

TO is bitching early because he's on a shitty team. I'm sure if he landed on a contender he'd be on good behavior.

As for Plax. He was catching the ball, but he was also a world-class jagoff. If his head was screwed on straight, he could have been another Jerry Rice. He's got the tools.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: October 15, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 08:23:45 AM
Yay?

Why? Why in the name of Atheismo would a team that's actually got a young and cheap wide receiver corps that's shown plenty of promise through the first four games of the season trade for Terrell Owens? There's absolutely nothing he's done to show that he's not in rapid decline. This team's already down a draft pick from the pick up of Cutler, there's no need to lose another one for a guy who would represent a modest improvement at best. Hester and Knox are deep threats. Bennett and Hester have both shown great hands. Olsen is bound to break out any day now. Clark is back. Forte can catch. There's absolutely no need to do something as stupid as bring in Terrell Owens and the shitstorm that comes with him and is no longer even remotely justified by his production.

TO actually doesn't send for his dickheadedness until his second season anywhere. Same thing with Plaxico.

So his comments about the playcalling and whatnot and the rumors that he's disgruntled are just to be ignored? And really? All of Plaxico's problems start in his second season? Is that why he was in Pittsburgh for five years and New York for four? And he had his first 1,000 yard season in his second year with Pitt and a then career high in touchdowns during his second year with the Giants? What a cockwallet.

TO is bitching early because he's on a shitty team. I'm sure if he landed on a contender he'd be on good behavior.

No doubt. He and McNabb got along famously that one year. Let's never speak of this turd again.

I think if somebody had a useable safety that they wanted to unload for a 3rd rounder or later the Bears should do that in a heartbeat. If they gave up a 2nd, it better be somebody really good. Hub Arkush (I know, I know) said he's heard the Bears are trying to improve the defensive line and secondary at the deadline. I hope they do both.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: October 15, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 08:42:36 AM
Yay?

No doubt. He and McNabb got along famously that one year. Let's never speak of this turd again.

I think if somebody had a useable safety that they wanted to unload for a 3rd rounder or later the Bears should do that in a heartbeat. If they gave up a 2nd, it better be somebody really good. Hub Arkush (I know, I know) said he's heard the Bears are trying to improve the defensive line and secondary at the deadline. I hope they do both.

I wonder if that means they're looking to add depth or replace one of the starters. I can't imagine Brown or Ogunleye being in trouble after their great starts, and Harris is probably untouchable because it would make them look like morans for their continued assertions that he's still the key to the defense, so I'm wondering if they're looking for someone to supplant Anthony Adams? It's odd, because with Idonijie, Gilbert, and Mark Anderson defensive line is probably the deepest position on the roster.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2009, 08:58:33 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 08:55:20 AM
Yay?

I wonder if that means they're looking to add depth or replace one of the starters. I can't imagine Brown or Ogunleye being in trouble after their great starts, and Harris is probably untouchable because it would make them look like morans for their continued assertions that he's still the key to the defense, so I'm wondering if they're looking for someone to supplant Anthony Adams? It's odd, because with Idonijie, Gilbert, and Mark Anderson defensive line is probably the deepest position on the roster.

Again, Hub Arkush.

But defensive depth is something you can never have enough of.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: October 15, 2009, 09:01:45 AM »
If his contract wasn't so high, I'd like to have Nnamdi Asomugha on my team assuming oakland tries to unload some contracts. Granted, he is probably worth his contract, given how awesome he is.. but it's still a lot of dough.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: October 15, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 15, 2009, 09:01:45 AM
If his contract wasn't so high, I'd like to have Nnamdi Asomugha on my team assuming oakland tries to unload some contracts. Granted, he is probably worth his contract, given how awesome he is.. but it's still a lot of dough.

Al Davis is batshit crazy, but there's no way even if he does try to unload Nnamdi that he'd settle for less than a first rounder at the minimum. The guy is worth the contract and more.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: October 15, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »
Yay?

I think if somebody had a useable safety that they wanted to unload for a 3rd rounder or later the Bears should do that in a heartbeat. If they gave up a 2nd, it better be somebody really good. Hub Arkush (I know, I know) said he's heard the Bears are trying to improve the defensive line rushers and secondary at the deadline. I hope they do both.

Marinelli'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: October 15, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 15, 2009, 09:10:04 AM
Yay?

I think if somebody had a useable safety that they wanted to unload for a 3rd rounder or later the Bears should do that in a heartbeat. If they gave up a 2nd, it better be somebody really good. Hub Arkush (I know, I know) said he's heard the Bears are trying to improve the defensive line rushers rushmen and secondary at the deadline. I hope they do both.

Marinelli'd

At least get it right'd.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: October 15, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 09:23:38 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 15, 2009, 09:10:04 AM
Yay?

I think if somebody had a useable safety that they wanted to unload for a 3rd rounder or later the Bears should do that in a heartbeat. If they gave up a 2nd, it better be somebody really good. Hub Arkush (I know, I know) said he's heard the Bears are trying to improve the defensive line rushers rushmen and secondary at the deadline. I hope they do both.

Marinelli'd

At least get it right'd.

FUCK

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: October 15, 2009, 09:35:01 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 08:58:33 AM
Yay?

Again, Hub Arkush.

THI

And the conversation with Dan Bernstein and Hub turned to Harris being a liability and some questions about Idonije's knee. They also have Gilbert, who showed lots of potential in preseason college YouTube videos where he jumped out of a pool flat-footed.
And Marcus Harrison's been M.I.A. this year. If they can get somebody good that somebody's going to let go, they should do it. I think D-Line is one position that Angelo has consistently gotten right. Might as well go to that well one more time.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 09:35:01 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 08:58:33 AM
Yay?

Again, Hub Arkush.

THI

And the conversation with Dan Bernstein and Hub turned to Harris being a liability and some questions about Idonije's knee. They also have Gilbert, who showed lots of potential in preseason college YouTube videos where he jumped out of a pool flat-footed.
And Marcus Harrison's been M.I.A. this year. If they can get somebody good that somebody's going to let go, they should do it. I think D-Line RUSHMAN is one position that Angelo has consistently gotten right. Might as well go to that well one more time.

FUCK

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
QuoteTHI

And Marcus Harrison's been M.I.A. this year. If they can get somebody good that somebody's going to let go, they should do it. I think D-Line is one position that Angelo has consistently gotten right. Might as well go to that well one more time.

I still disagree with this. He's not even close to 2006 Tommie Harris, but he still draws double teams to free up Ogunleye and Brown and there's no way the team will bench him if he's healthy. Harrison has been a huge disappointment so far, and Gilbert is too raw, and Adams is fairly mediocre, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade next to Harris. Glenn Dorsey of the Chiefs might be availabe for cheap. He's out of place as the nose in a 3-4 defense, but could be pretty good next to Harris in a 4-3.

And just because I know its going to happen...

QuoteI still disagree with this. He's not even close to 2006 Tommie Harris, but he still draws double teams to free up Ogunleye and Brown and there's no way the team will bench him if he's healthy. Harrison has been a huge disappointment so far, and Gilbert is too raw, and Adams is fairly mediocre, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade next to Harris. Glenn Dorsey of the Chiefs might be availabe for cheap. He's out of place as the nose in a 3-4 defense, but could be pretty good next to Harris in a 4-3.

Intrepid Reader: IAN* (or Powdered Toast Man):

ELLL ESSS YOOUUUUU

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 15, 2009, 09:57:22 AM
QuoteTHI

I still disagree with this. He's not even close to 2006 Tommie Harris, but he still draws double teams to free up Ogunleye and Brown and there's no way the team will bench him if he's healthy. Harrison has been a huge disappointment so far, and Gilbert is too raw, and Adams is fairly mediocre, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade next to Harris. Glenn Dorsey of the Chiefs might be availabe for cheap. He's out of place as the nose in a 3-4 defense, but could be pretty good next to Harris in a 4-3.

QuoteI still disagree with this. He's not even close to 2006 Tommie Harris, but he still draws double teams to free up Ogunleye and Brown and there's no way the team will bench him if he's healthy. Harrison has been a huge disappointment so far, and Gilbert is too raw, and Adams is fairly mediocre, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade next to Harris. Glenn Dorsey of the Chiefs might be availabe for cheap. He's out of place as the nose in a 3-4 defense, but could be pretty good next to Harris in a 4-3.

ELLL ESSS YOOUUUUU

It's really sad that Harris can't continue his cannon-shot toward Canton due to some horrific leg injuries. I think they might have won the Super Bowl if he'd stayed healthy. It would have been a whole new ballgame. Whole new day.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: October 15, 2009, 10:08:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 10:06:02 AM
QuoteTHI

ELLL ESSS YOOUUUUU

It's really sad that Harris can't continue his cannon-shot toward Canton due to some horrific leg injuries. I think they might have won the Super Bowl if he'd stayed healthy. It would have been a whole new ballgame. Whole new day.

Rex was our quarterback.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: October 15, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 15, 2009, 10:08:16 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 15, 2009, 10:06:02 AM
QuoteTHI

ELLL ESSS YOOUUUUU

Rex was our quarterback.

They still might have won if the Colts didn't dominate the point of attack on offense all night. Their running game would have been nullified, Peyton would have been knocked on his ass a couple more times. They wouldn't have had to rely on the blitz as much, cutting off some of the underneath crap that I still wake up in cold sweats thinking about...

"AHHHHHH! GODdAMNIt!!!! DOMINICK RHOADES ARE YOU SHITTING ME??!?!"

For some reason, that game gets more difficult for me to take as time goes on.