News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,923 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #1425 on: January 26, 2010, 11:02:45 AM »
Quote from: Pre on January 26, 2010, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 26, 2010, 10:06:05 AM
This makes me ANGRY. It better be the latter explanation. If some fucking coach doesn't think he can handle a professional quarterback then he needs to find a new fucking profession

It's not true at all.  It's just standard stirring up shit media idiocy because they have nothing interesting to say.

The truth is:
1) The offensive line is garbage
2) Aromashodu is possibly their best receiver
3) Lovie will demand a conservative offense
4) There are no picks to fix any of it
5) There is a huge chance that that everyone from GM through water boy is fired next season

So, if you are a solid coach with a job you don't want to leave for a bad situation where you'll probably get fired.
If you're a younger guy who wants to show the league what you can do you have no tools or control to do it.
If you're a crazy egotistical self-styled genius you have no chance to unleash your crazy pass happy offense.

I have the feeling that Mike Tice is going to be getting a promotion in short order.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1426 on: January 26, 2010, 11:14:12 AM »
This makes me ANGRY. It better be the latter explanation. If some fucking coach doesn't think he can handle a professional quarterback then he needs to find a new fucking profession

It's not true at all.  It's just standard stirring up shit media idiocy because they have nothing interesting to say.

The truth is:
5) There is a huge chance that that everyone from GM through water boy is fired next season

So, if you are a solid coach with a job you don't want to leave for a bad situation where you'll probably get fired.
If you're a younger guy who wants to show the league what you can do you have no tools or control to do it.
If you're a crazy egotistical self-styled genius you have no chance to unleash your crazy pass happy offense.

Oh there's plenty of picks though.  Or so I'm told by all those who think they should've kept Ortman.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1427 on: January 26, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 26, 2010, 11:02:45 AM

The truth is:

I have the feeling that Mike Tice is going to be getting a promotion in short order.

That's what Mully and Hanley were saying last week.  They were guessing that Tice is the backup plan.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1428 on: January 26, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 12:04:47 PM

The truth is:

That's what Mully and Hanley were saying last week.  They were guessing that Tice is the backup plan.

What else did they say?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1429 on: January 26, 2010, 12:21:13 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 26, 2010, 12:20:10 PM

The truth is:

What else did they say?

And are you sure you heard them right?  How'd they pronounce "Tice"?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1430 on: January 26, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »
Is Ron Turner LOL'ing right now?  OMG!  WTF?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1431 on: January 26, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

The truth is:

What else did they say?

That Purdue basketball sucks.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1432 on: January 26, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on January 26, 2010, 12:23:38 PM
Is Ron Turner LOL'ing right now?  OMG!  WTF?

I'm assuming your question is directed at RV?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1433 on: January 26, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 12:29:12 PM

The truth is:

What else did they say?

That Purdue basketball sucks.

Bastards! I'm calling their asses tomorrow. This won't stand.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1434 on: January 26, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »

The truth is:

What else did they say?

They told me you guys look like dorks.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1435 on: January 26, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 26, 2010, 01:03:22 PM

The truth is:

What else did they say?

They told me you guys look like dorks.

THEY LOOK LIKE DORKS!
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1436 on: January 27, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »
What excitement! This is Bear football!

"Bears DL coach Rod Marinelli says he is open to becoming the team's defensive coordinator if they can't find anyone else.
Chicago's defensive coordinator search took an abrupt halt after the team lost out on Perry Fewell to the Giants. "Whatever Lovie needs, I'll do," Marinelli said. "If the field needs to be mowed, I'll bring my hand-mower out."
Source: Chicago Tribune "

www.rotoworld.com

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1437 on: January 27, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 27, 2010, 12:04:39 PM

"Bears DL coach Rod Marinelli says he is open to becoming the team's defensive coordinator if they can't find anyone else.
Chicago's defensive coordinator search took an abrupt halt after the team lost out on Perry Fewell to the Giants. "Whatever Lovie needs, I'll do," Marinelli said. "If the field needs to be mowed, I'll bring my hand-mower out."

www.rotoworld.com

Is it wrong that I'm starting to enjoy this?  Anybody can put together a playoff team or Super Bowl contender, but this sort of organizational disfunction is usually only found in franchises where madmen have been in power for years.  The Bears are way ahead of schedule.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1438 on: January 27, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 27, 2010, 12:07:26 PM

www.rotoworld.com

Is it wrong that I'm starting to enjoy this?  Anybody can put together a playoff team or Super Bowl contender, but this sort of organizational disfunction is usually only found in franchises where madmen have been in power for years.  The Bears are way ahead of schedule.

What else are you supposed to enjoy? A bunch of "lifelong" Colts fans who only discovered pro football over the past decade seeing their "beloved" franchise win its second Super Bowl? A talent-filled draft benefiting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Denver Broncos? An offseason of "Will Brett play or not next year" drama?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1439 on: January 27, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 27, 2010, 12:15:42 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 27, 2010, 12:07:26 PM

www.rotoworld.com

What else are you supposed to enjoy? A bunch of "lifelong" Colts fans who only discovered pro football over the past decade seeing their "beloved" franchise win its second Super Bowl? A talent-filled draft benefiting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Denver Broncos? An offseason of "Will Brett play or not next year" drama?

You're trying to bring me down, TJ, but it won't work.  I'm going to laugh hysterically when the Bears announce that Mike Tice and Rod Marinelli are the OC and DC for 2010.