News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,493 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 12:04:33 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 04, 2016, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 04, 2016, 08:41:04 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 04, 2016, 08:38:44 AM

The 2016 Cubs *Santo Voice* THIS. IS. THE. YEAAAAAARRRR

The 2016 Cubs: The Year We've All Been Waiting For

The 2016 Cubs: We Think You Made It, Stew

I like the third one, but without the comma.

I actually agree with Chuck, except I think the comma should stand, man.

It's time for dongs to propagate throughout the National League and some American League ballparks at sporadic, inane times during the season...like Opening Day. Because that makes a fuck ton of sense.

Anyway, OPENING DAY!
Maybe I should post this in the "I admit it" thread.  I knew that the Cubs were opening with the Angels, so last night when I saw yesterday's box score I thought that was it.  I wondered why the Cubs would go with their number 5 pitcher on opening day, but then I chalked it off to Maddon being some kind of genius with the lineup and that this experiment misfired.  Give me a break, I am an octogenarian now
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 04, 2016, 12:04:33 PM

It's time for dongs to propagate throughout the National League and some American League ballparks at sporadic, inane times during the season...like Opening Day. Because that makes a fuck ton of sense.

Anyway, OPENING DAY!
Maybe I should post this in the "I admit it" thread.  I knew that the Cubs were opening with the Angels, so last night when I saw yesterday's box score I thought that was it.  I wondered why the Cubs would go with their number 5 pitcher on opening day, but then I chalked it off to Maddon being some kind of genius with the lineup and that this experiment misfired.  Give me a break, I am an octogenarian now

You are so inherently likable.

Who'da thunk it, Stew? You made it to gheys getting hitched and the Cubs being legit World Series contenders for not just one year, but more than one year.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 04, 2016, 12:16:49 PM

Anyway, OPENING DAY!

Who'da thunk it, Stew? You made it to gheys getting hitched and the Cubs being legit World Series contenders for not just one year, but more than one year again.

Durocher Cubs'd.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »

Anyway, OPENING DAY!

Who'da thunk it, Stew? You made it to gheys getting hitched and the Cubs being legit World Series contenders for not just one year, but more than one year.
Likable?  I am going to vote for Bernie Sanders.  How do you like me now?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
DH  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

Does this mean Maddon trusts Schwarber's LF defense more than Soler's at this point? Also I'd rather have Bryant hitting 3rd and getting a potential extra AB instead of Zobrist.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 02:42:05 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 04, 2016, 02:40:25 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
RF  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

Does this mean Maddon trusts Schwarber's LF defense more than Soler's at this point? Also I'd rather have Bryant hitting 3rd and getting a potential extra AB instead of Zobrist.

I know Soler was bad in RF last year, but putting another RF out there as his minder is just piling on.

I also vote for more ABs for KB. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 02:43:23 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 04, 2016, 02:42:05 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
RF  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

I know Soler was bad in RF last year, but putting another RF out there as his minder is just piling on.

Let me know when the Cubs lineup is in ok?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 04, 2016, 02:43:23 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 04, 2016, 02:42:05 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
RF  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

Let me know when the Cubs lineup is in ok?

It's in, and it's spectacular.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
DH  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

I'm fine with batting Bryant 5th on principle but I like Zobrist batting 5th behind those four high OBP guys because Zobrist's contact skills would seemingly come in handy in some run producing spots, whereas Bryant's power will play anywhere.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 03:04:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 04, 2016, 02:53:52 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
DH  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

I'm fine with batting Bryant 5th on principle but I like Zobrist batting 5th behind those four high OBP guys because Zobrist's contact skills would seemingly come in handy in some run producing spots, whereas Bryant's power will play anywhere.

I think Maddon takes into account things like batter vs. pitcher, ballpark familiarity and other stuff that only his genius mind can conceive when putting together his lineups. And I really like you guys and don't mind reading your baseball lineup ideas. So post away. But Joe's are better.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 03:05:55 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 04, 2016, 03:04:23 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
DH  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

I think Maddon takes into account things like batter vs. pitcher, ballpark familiarity and other stuff that only his genius mind can conceive when putting together his lineups. And I really like you guys and don't mind reading your baseball lineup ideas. So post away. But Joe's are better.

I get it, I'm hardly bitching. Joe could arrange 1-7 in that lineup however he wants and not be wrong. These are heady times. Plus it's Joe, the odds of Bryant sticking in the 5 hole long enough for it to cost him any significant amount of ABs over the course of a season is miniscule, I doubt we see the same lineup tomorrow.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 03:08:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 04, 2016, 03:05:55 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
DH  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

I get it, I'm hardly bitching. Joe could arrange 1-7 in that lineup however he wants and not be wrong. These are heady times. Plus it's Joe, the odds of Bryant sticking in the 5 hole long enough for it to cost him any significant amount of ABs over the course of a season is miniscule, I doubt we see the same lineup tomorrow.

They're playing a lefty tomorrow, so I really doubt it'll be the same.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 04, 2016, 03:08:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 04, 2016, 03:05:55 PM
Lineup is in:

CF  Fowler
RF  Heyward
2B  Zobrist
1B  Rizzo
3B  Bryant
LF  Schwarber
DH  Soler
C   Montero
SS Russell

They're playing a lefty tomorrow, so I really doubt it'll be the same.

Joe has said when a lefty is starting, Bryant hits 3rd and Zobrist hits 5th.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 04, 2016, 01:04:40 PM

Anyway, OPENING DAY!

I think we already kinda knew that Stew. I suppose we'll still put up with you.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 05:41:10 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 04, 2016, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 04, 2016, 01:04:40 PM

Anyway, OPENING DAY!

I think we already kinda knew that Stew. I suppose we'll still put up with you.

I thought he was Bernie Sanders