News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  ( 46,331 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
MOAR RAPE THAT WASN'T IN THE BOOKS
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 28, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

Basically the last half of this episode wasn't in the books. Feels weird and good to not know what's coming next.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 28, 2014, 02:09:20 PM

Basically the last half of this episode wasn't in the books. Feels weird and good to not know what's coming next.

That.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 28, 2014, 04:58:28 PM

That.

Anybody think it's weird that Mance Raydar, once a man of the Night's Watch himself is taking Jon Snow at his word about 1,000 crows at Castle Black alone? I mean it seems like he'd definitely see through that but he appears to have bought it. Anyway, it looks like shit's going to get real at Craster's and yes, I have no fucking idea what's going to happen. It does feel a little dirty in a good way.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2014, 10:13:02 PM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 28, 2014, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 28, 2014, 04:58:28 PM

That.

Anybody think it's weird that Mance Raydar, once a man of the Night's Watch himself is taking Jon Snow at his word about 1,000 crows at Castle Black alone? I mean it seems like he'd definitely see through that but he appears to have bought it. Anyway, it looks like shit's going to get real at Craster's and yes, I have no fucking idea what's going to happen. It does feel a little dirty in a good way.

Yes, it's weird. I think it was the least-clunky plot device the writers could come up with to get Jon out to Craster's Keep to meet up with Bran.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 29, 2014, 09:14:45 AM
Yes, it's weird. I think it was the least-clunky plot device the writers could come up with to get Jon out to Craster's Keep to meet up with Bran.

So much for that.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 05, 2014, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 29, 2014, 09:14:45 AM

So much for that.

And so much for the men of the Night's Watch being bright enough not to send the weird dude they just met who volunteered not only to join their ranks but also for this ridiculously dangerous mission out to scout out the keep for them. I was glad to see Hodor kill that turd Locke. The book version of that character got killed slowly and painfully by an infection he picked up after getting Evander Holyfielded by Brienne during an ill-advised sexual assault. The payoff of Jamie relaying the story of his protracted demise to Brienne worked very well on the page and would have been rubbish on the screen. So I'm giving the showrunners a point for this plotline.

*writes single hashmark in voluminous notebook, which smells of rich mahogany*

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2014, 03:14:34 PM »
Tyrion's trial scene was so great, I've watched about 10 times at work today. It's as close to the book-version as anything I've seen on the show so far and it blew book-version of that event out of the water. Because my imagination, wild as it is, does not have Peter Dinkladge's performance in it. I can't even believe how great that was. George R.R. must be a very proud papa.  

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 12, 2014, 03:14:34 PM
Tyrion's trial scene was so great, I've watched about 10 times at work today. It's as close to the book-version as anything I've seen on the show so far and it blew book-version of that event out of the water. Because my imagination, wild as it is, does not have Peter Dinkladge's performance in it. I can't even believe how great that was. George R.R. must be a very proud papa.  

What a great line Dinklage had in that speech.  "I am guilty.  Guilty of being a dwarf."   You are right, Dinklage really delivered emotionally.  Passion.  Resignation.  Indignation.  Contempt.  Anger.   It was outstanding.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 13, 2014, 05:41:03 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 12, 2014, 03:14:34 PM

What a great line Dinklage had in that speech.  "I am guilty.  Guilty of being a dwarf."   You are right, Dinklage really delivered emotionally.  Passion.  Resignation.  Indignation.  Contempt.  Anger.   It was outstanding.

"I got more relief watching your vicious bastard die than from a thousand lying whores!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
Unlike Tyrion's speech demanding a trial by combat, which was given wings by the incredible work of Peter Dinkladge, the actual combat didn't live up to my expectations. There were details about the fight that were impossible to convey in the five minutes of stunts performed on camera. We didn't have the internal monologue of the accused as it unfolded, and the whole thing became about the brutality of the Mountain at the end. So gross, right? Now we understand that the Mountain is awful and it's so disappointing that he won. But in the book, there are several scenes in which people build Gregor Clegane up to be the absolute monster that he is. I sure could have used a few more Mountain scenes and a few fewer Ramsay scenes leading up to this.

Three weeks of buildup for five minutes and... squish. Blood. Gross.

And they yada-yada-yada'd the Moat Cailin affair too. That could have been some Apocalypse Now kind of horror and then we could have done without Ramsay blowing his dad on the hilltop. Fuck Ramsay. Fuck that whole storyline.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »
The outcome of the fight scene was ambiguous.  I don't mean the squishy part.  That was explicit.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2014, 01:40:28 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 02, 2014, 01:36:03 PM
The outcome of the fight scene was ambiguous.  I don't mean the squishy part.  That was explicit.

The Mountain won but may soon wish he hadn't.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2014, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 02, 2014, 01:36:03 PM
The outcome of the fight scene was ambiguous.  I don't mean the squishy part.  That was explicit.

The Mountain won but may soon wish he hadn't.

I couldn't tell if he was alive or dead when he rolled away.