News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Governor On Trial  ( 10,672 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Governor On Trial
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:58 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 19, 2010, 08:46:38 AM
Holdout?  http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/rod-blagojevich-guilty-juror-holdout-jo-ann-chiakulas-corruption-trial-20100818
QuoteFOX Chicago News reported that it is likely to be juror Jo Ann Chiakulas of Willowbrook, after a second-hand acquaintance said that she has been saying since early july that she would find Blagojevich not guilty...

Chiakulas is a retired director from the Illinois Department of Public Health. She was juror 106, college educated, is active in the Urban League and other politics, and listens to NPR. She reportedly did not see smoking gun in the case and that's why she didn't vote to convict.

Only Fox News would list "listens to NPR" while clearly trying to make her look like the corrupt juror.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2010, 08:56:58 AM
Holdout?  http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/rod-blagojevich-guilty-juror-holdout-jo-ann-chiakulas-corruption-trial-20100818
QuoteFOX Chicago News reported that it is likely to be juror Jo Ann Chiakulas of Willowbrook, after a second-hand acquaintance said that she has been saying since early july that she would find Blagojevich not guilty...

Chiakulas is a retired director from the Illinois Department of Public Health. She was juror 106, college educated, is active in the Urban League and other politics, and listens to NPR. She reportedly did not see smoking gun in the case and that's why she didn't vote to convict.

Only Fox News would list "listens to NPR" while clearly trying to make her look like the corrupt juror.

Only because they don't know where she buys her burquas.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 09:33:52 AM »

She's clearly not a real American.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
This might be the right time to note that it was Fox Chicago, the local affiliate, that wrote that story, not "Fox News."  And, they were parroting the reportage from ABC.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/gallery?section=news/politics&id=7603107&photo=3
Quote3 of 12:  Juror # 106, a black female believed to be in her 60s, is a retired state public health director who has ties to the Chicago Urban League. She has handed out campaign literature for a relative who ran for public office. She listens to National Public Radio and liberal talk radio shows.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 19, 2010, 10:34:44 AM
This might be the right time to note that it was Fox Chicago, the local affiliate, that wrote that story, not "Fox News."  And, they were parroting the reportage from ABC.

Quote3 of 12:  Juror # 106, a black female believed to be in her 60s, is a retired state public health director who has ties to the Chicago Urban League. She has handed out campaign literature for a relative who ran for public office. She listens to National Public Radio and liberal talk radio shows.

The useless NPR info aside, do you guys think she's corrupt? Or just a really awful person?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 09:33:52 AM

She's clearly not a real American.

In 2006, I was on my second go-around in Korea and listened to "All Things Considered" and "Wait, Wait. Don't Tell Me" on Armed Forces Radio.

That November, I voted for Bill Richardson.  It's no coincidence.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 10:43:41 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 19, 2010, 10:39:49 AM

The useless NPR info aside, do you guys think she's corrupt? Or just a really awful person?

The latter.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 19, 2010, 10:43:41 AM

The latter.

I'm going to second the cheesehead on this one.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:47 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 19, 2010, 10:43:41 AM

The latter.

Is "Dumber Than Dirt" not an option?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »

Or a devoted Democrat?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:53:17 AM

Or a devoted Democrat?

We said "really awful person" already.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2010, 10:54:13 AM

Or a devoted Democrat?

Well done.

If this whole escapade does nothing else, it should educate you guys that if you are ever on trial, for anything (be it rape for Crabs or possession of kiddie pron for Kurt), take a bench trial.

You don't want your fate decided by a group of dumbfucks, especially ones who come into said trial with their conclusions already made.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »

Or a devoted Democrat?

Dumb question: how does someone who (it seams) had her mind made up from the get-go make it through jury selection? Shitty questioning by the prosecution?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 11:07:09 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:57:15 AM

Or a devoted Democrat?

Well done.

If this whole escapade does nothing else, it should educate you guys that if you are ever on trial, for anything (be it rape for Crabs or possession of kiddie pron for Kurt), take a bench trial.

You don't want your fate decided by a group of dumbfucks, especially ones who come into said trial with their conclusions already made.

Why would this particular escapade teach us that?  That juror saved Blago's ass (for the time being at least).

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 19, 2010, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:57:15 AM

Or a devoted Democrat?

Well done.

Why would this particular escapade teach us that?  That juror saved Blago's ass (for the time being at least).

For me the real question is why did she vote to convict on one count and not the 23 others?  Maybe it is because she took  the "beyond a reasonable doubt standard" seriously and just wasn't convinced.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)