News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Governor On Trial  ( 10,575 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Governor On Trial
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 19, 2010, 11:15:28 AM
Quote from: CT III on August 19, 2010, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:57:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2010, 10:54:13 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 19, 2010, 10:39:49 AM
Quote from: morpheus on August 19, 2010, 10:34:44 AM
This might be the right time to note that it was Fox Chicago, the local affiliate, that wrote that story, not "Fox News."  And, they were parroting the reportage from ABC.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/gallery?section=news/politics&id=7603107&photo=3
Quote3 of 12:  Juror # 106, a black female believed to be in her 60s, is a retired state public health director who has ties to the Chicago Urban League. She has handed out campaign literature for a relative who ran for public office. She listens to National Public Radio and liberal talk radio shows.

The useless NPR info aside, do you guys think she's corrupt? Or just a really awful person?

Or a devoted Democrat?

We said "really awful person" already.

Well done.

If this whole escapade does nothing else, it should educate you guys that if you are ever on trial, for anything (be it rape for Crabs or possession of kiddie pron for Kurt), take a bench trial.

You don't want your fate decided by a group of dumbfucks, especially ones who come into said trial with their conclusions already made.

Why would this particular escapade teach us that?  That juror saved Blago's ass (for the time being at least).

For me the real question is why did she vote to convict on one count and not the 23 others?  Maybe it is because she took  the "beyond a reasonable doubt standard" seriously and just wasn't convinced.

You expect that to stop us from raking this private citizen over the coals for exercising her personal judgment?

DAMMIT! WHERE DID I PUT MY PITCHFORK?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 19, 2010, 11:15:28 AM
Quote from: CT III on August 19, 2010, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:57:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2010, 10:54:13 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 19, 2010, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 19, 2010, 10:39:49 AM
Quote from: morpheus on August 19, 2010, 10:34:44 AM
This might be the right time to note that it was Fox Chicago, the local affiliate, that wrote that story, not "Fox News."  And, they were parroting the reportage from ABC.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/gallery?section=news/politics&id=7603107&photo=3
Quote3 of 12:  Juror # 106, a black female believed to be in her 60s, is a retired state public health director who has ties to the Chicago Urban League. She has handed out campaign literature for a relative who ran for public office. She listens to National Public Radio and liberal talk radio shows.

The useless NPR info aside, do you guys think she's corrupt? Or just a really awful person?

Or a devoted Democrat?

We said "really awful person" already.

Well done.

If this whole escapade does nothing else, it should educate you guys that if you are ever on trial, for anything (be it rape for Crabs or possession of kiddie pron for Kurt), take a bench trial.

You don't want your fate decided by a group of dumbfucks, especially ones who come into said trial with their conclusions already made.

Why would this particular escapade teach us that?  That juror saved Blago's ass (for the time being at least).

For me the real question is why did she vote to convict on one count and not the 23 others?  Maybe it is because she took  the "beyond a reasonable doubt standard" seriously and just wasn't convinced.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that since this was a WOMAN, an African American, an NPR listener and a former government employee, she clearly hit all the G-spots for DEMOCRAT.

Ergo, not a Real American and probably a Blago dong chugger.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »
Taiwanese animation - there's nothing it can't do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n9ng5h2Nuk

EDIT: Safe for work, and sound is not necessary.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 20, 2010, 10:58:09 AM

Quote from: Wheezer on August 10, 2010, 06:10:29 PM
The fact that a computer simulation is one of the major factors in this analysis is chilling.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 20, 2010, 11:03:21 AM
Quote from: morpheus on August 20, 2010, 10:58:09 AM

Quote from: Wheezer on August 10, 2010, 06:10:29 PM
The fact that a computer simulation is one of the major factors in this analysis is chilling.

I LOLed.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
With all the technology out there in the world of recording devices, please tell me some rogue recorded Blago's testimony and one day will release it for all posterity.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2011, 02:27:10 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 27, 2011, 02:10:12 PM
With all the technology out there in the world of recording devices, please tell me some rogue recorded Blago's testimony and one day will release it for all posterity.

I certainly hope so. This is what the internet was invented for.

If no one surreptitiously recorded the actual proceedings, though, I hardly think Rod would be above recording a reenactment from the official transcript if the price is right.

Release it on iTunes. I'd buy it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2011, 02:52:24 PM »
OK, so Chris Kelly had become pals with Bernie Kosar, who contributed some of what used to be Art Modell's and Jerry Jones money to Jeb Bush for some campaigns. So Bernie then was going to tell Jeb to tell Dubya to pardon Chris Kelly because he was Bernie's pal.

But Blago thought that maybe Joe Johnson the track owner was going to tell his buddy George Steinbrenner, a friend of Jeb's and a one-time colleague of Dubya, to pardon  Kelly if a racetrack deal got done.  Huh?

And by the way, photos of Rod Blagojevich's man-crush are running $10.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 27, 2011, 02:52:24 PM
And by the way, photos of Rod Blagojevich's man-crush are running $10.

Heh.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
Bump.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »
You know, Peter Fitzgerald was a mediocre senator.  I voted for the guy over Carol Dingbat Braun and was pleasantly surprised he didn't turn out to be an ideologue like some of the shit we get today in out political class.  His stance on no expansion for O'Hare was always pretty stupid.

But the guy did one thing right: Getting Bush to appoint Patrick Fitzgerald to be the US Attorney in Illinois.  He's got som pretty good scalps:

John Gambino
Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman
Gov. George Ryan
Conrad Black
Scooter Libby
Gov. Rod Balgojevich

Bill Cellini is up next and Jesse Jackson Jr. has got to be scared shitless.

Patrick, if you plan to run for office, let me know.  I'll host a funder for you.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 12:42:17 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2011, 11:30:11 AM
You know, Peter Fitzgerald was a mediocre senator.  I voted for the guy over Carol Dingbat Braun and was pleasantly surprised he didn't turn out to be an ideologue like some of the shit we get today in out political class.  His stance on no expansion for O'Hare was always pretty stupid.

But the guy did one thing right: Getting Bush to appoint Patrick Fitzgerald to be the US Attorney in Illinois.  He's got som pretty good scalps:

John Gambino
Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman
Gov. George Ryan
Conrad Black
Scooter Libby
Gov. Rod Balgojevich

Bill Cellini is up next and Jesse Jackson Jr. has got to be scared shitless.

Patrick, if you plan to run for office, let me know.  I'll host a funder for you.

While Gitles tries to get his fundraiser together for Patrick Fitzgerald, Blago has got to be sitting in the Dirksen Building right now figuring how much a 20-year-supply of soap on the rope would be.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
Is there a Governor's and Congressman's Wing in the Illinois State Prison?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 07, 2011, 06:08:26 PM
Is there a Governor's and Congressman's Wing in the Illinois State Prison?

(Governors' and Congressmens')
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)